Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Well don't mess up anything too much. ^^ I'm just kidding.
Are you saying I might change all the text on the previous comics to say "CROCTY IS SO AWESOME AND EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS"?!
I'm shocked and outraged, Niccea! D:
I was worried about finding everyone with mustaches…wait…I did that already.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Well, I don't mind Crocty jacking the comic since I DID say "unless someone else wants it" but I'll still be glad to submit pages by whatever means.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Oooh~
I thought Niccea meant like a few extra pages. :o
Well anywya, I've even already drawn a crappy comic about Hark retiring for the next game. There's clearly no going back now.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Then charge ahead and I'll back you up.

Posted at

If you guys are doing the comic I'll make sure to be intouch if you have any questions.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Well, in that respect, anyone who has an avatar that doesn't really have a face, or has multiple faces, please let us know how you'd like to be portrayed. Otherwise I'll just pick/and/or make something up.

For example, Baron you would just be the first WWI pilot I managed to draw successfully. Dukat… well right now you'd look exactly like my rendition of hark, only with a hat, 'stache and monocle. If you've got a specific look in mind let us know.

Posted at

I would prefer to be a pilot, but Niccea always drew me as some character off Jay Jay the airplane. Or whatever that kids show is called.

Dukat
Dukat
Posted at

I do want to say one thing on game 4, while 24 hour cycles can really speed things up, it can really hinder clue discussions and make them hurried. the 48/24 system just seems to work really well and make things more fluid.

Posted at

thats why i am asking people to vote on it. I have a feeling people aren't reading the post which is a shame because there are some big changes to the characters. But yea if people want 48/24 thats fine.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

:o What do you mean?

Also, I'm not so sure about the random role being activated by the mayor or godfather giving up a life…:/
Couldn't it be that it's activated on the second day? 'Cause I don't think giving up a life is worth the risk of getting a good role…):

Posted at

Also, I'm not so sure about the random role being activated by the mayor or godfather giving up a life…:/
Couldn't it be that it's activated on the second day? 'Cause I don't think giving up a life is worth the risk of getting a good role…):

That is the point Crocty. The random role might not be worth it. The godfather and mayor have to decide if they want to risk hurting their chances of staying alive or see what they get.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Huh. I guess that makes sense then…

Posted at

And the townies can always harass the mayor until he activates the random role.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Basically, go ahead and do the comic and I'll help out when and if you need me.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Ah~
Although in retrospect, you'd probably do a better job.
I drew a page about Hark retiring and it's crappy beyond belief…):

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

When my turn comes, I'm trying a few things for the undead theme:
Vampyre - Godfather
Special abilities: Can cancel a burning, votes count twice like the mayor's (all votes will be private, so you won't know who voted for who), and once per game can convert a Villager into a Ghoul (Villager - Townie, Ghoul - Converted Townie)
Most of the rest is just name changes:

Professor - Vigilante (based on Abraham van Helsing)
He has the tools and the know how to kill the undead.

Medium - Detective
He can commune with the spirits to find out the basic Detective stuff.

Ripper - Serial Killer
Jack anyone?

Looking for new special roles though.
Witchdoctor - He can turn one Villager into a Zombie. The zombie will kill whoever the witchdoctor decides. All clues of the witchdoctor's/zombie's kill will point to the zombie. The witchdoctor can only have one zombie at a time. He can not zombify the Mayor or Pardoner. When a zombie dies he may choose another. Should the witchdoctor die the zombie will be freed. The zombie will only know that he is the zombie, he will not be told the identities of the witchdoctor or any of the Nosferatu. The witchdoctor will not be told of any extra roles the zombie may have.

A bit complicated, but I kind of like it. What do you all think of the witchdoctor/zombie roles?

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Well here is my problem. I tried to impliment an in game penalty for inactivity. But the problem is, one of the inactive people was the bomber. If I had penalized him, that would have wiped out two townies. Thusly, that would aid the mafia…so I didn't know what to do in that situation.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

You could've made it so that another random member of the mafia sets off the bombs…
Although if Nersop did plant his bombs, then he would be active?…

But I dunno, it would be unfair on the mafia to just have the bombs not do anything, and unfair on the townies to have them instantly killed…
\_(o_O)_/

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

You could've made it so that another random member of the mafia sets off the bombs…
Although if Nersop did plant his bombs, then he would be active?…

But I dunno, it would be unfair on the mafia to just have the bombs not do anything, and unfair on the townies to have them instantly killed…
\_(o_O)_/
Right but he didn't do anything else. He never voted from the start of the game. And I didn't want to count night actions as activity because of some reasoning that probably I only understand…I'll try

Now if I made a night action part of activity, anyone keeping track of the votes can say. Hey! This person never voted, but he hasn't been bumped. He must have a night role.

I realize now that people were not paying that much attention. -.- So I wasted time on that one.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Ah, that makes sense then…
): It's unfair when a mafioso is inactive.

Not that it affected our pure, unadulterate winness.

Dukat
Dukat
Posted at

Townies are about to curse me for this, but I did suggest to Ochi and Niccea in IRC to boost the mafia numbers a bit. In about 15 games I've seen I have never seen a mafia win, seen a serial killer win (yay BK!), but never mafia. So I suggested making things harder for the town and increasing the mafia numbers.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Townies are about to curse me for this, but I did suggest to Ochi and Niccea in IRC to boost the mafia numbers a bit. In about 15 games I've seen I have never seen a mafia win, seen a serial killer win (yay BK!), but never mafia. So I suggested making things harder for the town and increasing the mafia numbers.
You weren't watching the last game hard enough then. D:

gullas
gullas
Posted at

thats why i am asking people to vote on it. I have a feeling people aren't reading the post which is a shame because there are some big changes to the characters. But yea if people want 48/24 thats fine.
I personally want the 48/24 system cause when most people who participate this game are offline, then I'm online and vice versa(Stupid Gmt). So like it is now, it helps me personally keeping track of what is happening, clue solving and decicion making.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.