Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

alright then 48/24 it is. although gmt shouldnt to bad, im in the mid west so only one hour off

gullas
gullas
Posted at

But you have daylight saving right? We don't, so its more like 2 hours :P

Posted at

oh. wait now I am confused. Regardless I am online way to much so I should be easy to get ahold of and able to keep an eye on the game.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

I had an idea, like weeks ago, if there woudl be made a Townies vs. Vampires vs. Werwolfes thing, where the vigilante role would obviusly bee divided between 3-4 people where that would be a priest or an vampire 'only' hunter,werewolf slayer(here wolfey XD) and an occult slayer who would slay both, but obviusly it would require more planing and more people would have to participate…

waff
waff
Posted at

When my turn comes, I'm trying a few things for the undead theme:
Vampyre - Godfather
Special abilities: Can cancel a burning, votes count twice like the mayor's (all votes will be private, so you won't know who voted for who), and once per game can convert a Villager into a Ghoul (Villager - Townie, Ghoul - Converted Townie)
Most of the rest is just name changes:

Professor - Vigilante (based on Abraham van Helsing)
He has the tools and the know how to kill the undead.

Medium - Detective
He can commune with the spirits to find out the basic Detective stuff.

Ripper - Serial Killer
Jack anyone?

Looking for new special roles though.
I've got a thread on the drunk duck mafia forum for roles.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I agree. I say all games should run on GMT aka Zulu time. Except for mine, which will be on central standard +6 hours.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I agree. I say all games should run on GMT aka Zulu time. Except for mine, which will be on central standard +6 hours.
Why thank you for your flexibility. But I do agree that everything should be on the same time zone.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

YES! GMT!!! :)

I vote YES to GMT :)

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

lets just use the international dateline as a base
How bout we use the normal standards of GMT? I can adjust to that…I think…

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

I can't keep GMT straight, or any other time zone not my own. So I just use mine.
Of which, I'm not even 100% sure of what time zone I'm even in.
But I know it is 10:07 right now.
Even though I'm not playing now, I still call game 6.

Edit: Make that game 5, woot woot!

crocty
crocty
Posted at

GMT, YES!

Posted at

i choose the international dateline because it is completely neutral and doesn't pass through any country

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Well, looks like we're all decided then. The IDL is on the line of the GMT time zone I think, so we're all more or less agreeing on the same thing. Right?

Really, I only nominate GMT because the army decides its global operations tables off of it. Heck, I WISH I could make you all submit to CST +6, but it's best to pick something that's already an international standard. So you Brits get off lucky. Plus, days will begin and end during my lunch time, and not world of warcraft raid time!

Posted at

Well, looks like we're all decided then. The IDL is on the line of the GMT time zone I think, so we're all more or less agreeing on the same thing. Right?

Really, I only nominate GMT because the army decides its global operations tables off of it. Heck, I WISH I could make you all submit to CST +6, but it's best to pick something that's already an international standard. So you Brits get off lucky. Plus, days will begin and end during my lunch time, and not world of warcraft raid time!
no the idl is gmt-12

the gmt line itself runs over africa

Dukat
Dukat
Posted at

Honestly I prefer UTC (which is what I think you're all thinking of when you say GMT or Zulu) in order to do so, folks have to remember to account for daylight savings. Right now EDT is UTC-4 not -5 as EST is.

Accuracy through Science!

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Ah. My mistake.

But still, I'm going to side with the GMT, since it better corresponds to my schedule and it's what the rest of the world bases its timezones off of.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Roles that should never be repeated:

Time Mage - Well I don't know the real name but this person can speed up the day cycles and call an end to them.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Instead of making a new comic myself to host them, day 1 and night 1 are here whenever you want to get them.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Hak, I love your panel work! And Crocty cracks me up… probably better looking than the original (kidding, just kidding).

Instead of making a new comic myself to host them, day 1 and night 1 are here whenever you want to get them.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Oh that is awesome!
Should I post it up on the comic now? Or let Niccea do it?…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.