Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I only got into the debate to begin with because I was trying to calm people down. Also, if it had been true that someone broke the dead talking rule, I felt important that we'd tackled that head on, in order to set an example for future rule breaking.

Since I hadn't been keeping taps on things (due to me being ridiculously busy during the last week), I asked Mettaur, Salsa, Same, Kroatz, Mettaur and Harkovast to tell me their sides of the story. It had been hinted that the violation had been done via PQ's so I didn't re-read the Game thread that intently. Just looked up the time when Hark started accusing Salsa.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

So, putting this behind, which of my ideas is better? The mad hatter, or the deamons of Townston?

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I would like to propose these definitions for the mafia game for better clarity (not as a joke for real.)

Deadtalking - intentionally or accidently sharing viable information once dead (through PQ or on the thread)

From the Beyond Talking - Posting on the thread after death, but not about viable information. Usually just picking up on whatever conversation is going on in the game or "AVENGE ME."

Tombstone Talking - When you send a dead player a "sorry I killed you" PQ. This is only not allowed if you were the one killed by the unknowing paranoid.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

My understanding of things was thus-
Mettaur is REALLY over enthusiastic and in his efforts to build a coalition of allies to help him over reached and got lynched.
However, before dieing he made the silly mistake of telling Byndis the names of the mafia.
Byndris came and told me. At the time I thought Byndris was alive. (Was this wrong?)

The roles of the mafia were thus given away and their organisation collapsed.

I think people talking about banning people are getting REALLY trigger happy.
I hate things on the internet where people get really over zealous about banning people are driving new people out (wikis and forums are terrible for this.)
If anyone did do any dead talking, I don't think it was malicious, just dumb.
Even talking about banning people sets a really negative tone.

We should only even contemplate banning people who are persistently annoying or unpleasant (like Humorman used to be.) Just fucking up the rules one time or being an idiot in terms of telling the wrong people your teams roles would have to be repeated several times before I would even want to start throwing the ban word around.

But that's just me, I'm easy going like that.

Peace man!

Posted at

So, putting this behind, which of my ideas is better? The mad hatter, or the deamons of Townston?
Oh, a topic changer. How fun.

I've always stated that I liked the idea of rogue mad hatter but criticized the awfully long deadline given that was needed to find and kill him.

The way I see it is this:
If there was a evil bad guy that would insta win the game, if allowed to roam free, he would force both the mafia and the town to work together until they've find him. Long deadline time would negate that fact since it would give both sides plenty of time to win the game for their side while shorter deadline would put pressure on them.

I kinda forgot how long the original deadline was but I think it was somewhere around the end of the 4th day. Now you've put it at the end of the 3rd day. That's better in my books.

Alternatively, you did suggest the added power, where the mad hatter could spend his night turn speeding up the clock instead of planting bombs, which I approve as well. If, say, the original deadline was 4th day and the mad hatter could spend a night turn shortening it by a single turn, he could spend the 1st and 2nd night shrinking the time down to the end of the 3rd day. Writing narrations where the mad hatter is plotting to have the last laugh as he tweaks and tunes his explosive "children" would really make the villagers and the mobsters alike, worried.

Although… 3rd day AND the added power would REALLY put pressure on the mafia and the town. >:Þ

same
same
Posted at

Stop your demon thievery.
My concept has more demons than you can shake a shotgun at.

Posted at

I would like to propose these definitions for the mafia game for better clarity (not as a joke for real.)

Deadtalking - intentionally or accidently sharing viable information once dead (through PQ or on the thread)

From the Beyond Talking - Posting on the thread after death, but not about viable information. Usually just picking up on whatever conversation is going on in the game or "AVENGE ME."

Tombstone Talking - When you send a dead player a "sorry I killed you" PQ. This is only not allowed if you were the one killed by the unknowing paranoid.

Seconded.

And by using those definitions I would like to suggest the following.

Deadtalking - Forbidden. Punishable by warning and banning for repeated violation.

From the Beyond - Allowed.

Tombstone Talking - Allowed as long as no information is spread around.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Sorry I honestly thought Mett told Hark or Byndris after he was lynched and told them mine and Gullas' roles I didn't even know that he told Byndris BEFORE hand. I'm not mad, now I'm just more annoyed. Ugh. I SAID LAY LOW :P

In other news I propose the First Sci-fi mafia. There's smugglers, there's rebellion, there's (gasp) BUREAUCRACY! and a lone pilot that just wants the hell off this rock.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

All I heard was blah blah blah, No pie for Zeph. blah blah blah. You need to use more bait. Like pie. For Me. Not coconut. Or bad things happen.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

How about…cherry pie? Ya like cherry pie?
Yep, I actually made that joke again.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Don't make too big a deal about rules.
I am the sort of crazy rebel without a cause that will fight against any authoritarian system on principle. The more you tell me not to break rules the more unfairly tempting it becomes to break them!

Posted at

We don't have that many rules to begin with but dead talking is pretty much something we need to draw the line at. If dead players who are privy of sensitive information start spreading it around, it will basically ruin the game.

Fortunately it hasn't happened yet, to my knowledge but the accusation after the last game was a reminder that it could happen.

I like to trust that dead players are good enough on their words to sit on the info they might pick up but it never hurts to have the rules.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

How about first offense they are banned for a number of games, second offense banned until the leaders of the game decide? And who exactly is in charge of the Mafia Games project? And is it selling anything on a mug yet?

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Anthrow would mean Zeph sits the round out. I am not an effin furball.

Posted at

Unless it was planned and done on purpose I don't think there should be anything but a warning. If it continues and obviously the person is being either ignorant about their actions or stupid…then we yell at them.

Technically Niccea owns the comic for the Mafia games so she gets the whole control over…well she has the comic account. I don't know if she's always had it or if there's a superior overlord who doesn't play anymore. We could get all the original players here to look at the scenario and be the jury.

If I do say so myself I make a damn good lawyer.

To Zeph: MAybe that was the plan. And the serial killer will probably be human. If not I'll let ya kill yourself first night in a funny way. :)
Granted anyone actually votes for me…

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

None really owns it. Most of the time it's veteran players who've been here a while that make up the pseudo committee that make any necessary changes to the rules.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I don't think there is a serious problem of dead talking, so I don't want to start throwing around threats and plans of what we intend to do. I would rather deal with people being morons on a moron-by-moron basis.

What would an anthro game involve?
Just roles named after animals? I don't get it. I need more details before I am endorsing anything!
Don't think you can just plaster a talking cat in things and I will support it!

Zeph, my offer still stands that if you read and comment on my comic, I will read and comment on yours.
Is your hatred of furry greater then your desire for people to read your stuff?

Here is a picture I made that is loosely related to what I am talking about…

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Historically speaking, all I know is that Black Kitty brought the game to us, maybe played one game afterwards and never came back. Niccea started hosting the comic as the self declared Chronicler of Townston's history. I forget who wrote the cut and pasted intro that's at the head of most games. Many other ideas/rules were suggested by one person and then championed by others through repeated use, such as games being based off of the GMT clock. The comittee so to speak, unless of course I'm just not on it, was mostly just the players who were veterans (and this is back in the single digit games) trying to organize rules that were most likely to make the games fun, usher in peace, and keep things stable.

As far as I know, only two people were banned from playing ever again for rule violations, but those two were trolls who thought they were better than everyone else and wanted nothing but to cause trouble.

EDIT: WOW Hark that's… uh… profound.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Hakoshen, yeah its a powerful image, no doubt about it.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

There is no overlord of the game. I just host the comic and am an old veteran. (But since I do those I am the leading expert in Drunk Duck Mafia's history.) It is mostly committee based on anything big really. That is why BK made this thread.

(And PP made that copy/paste thing we always do)

If you had to say who influences the game the most I would go with…

BK - she brought it here
skoolmunkee - she is always willing to make a newspost about the games
PP - aforementioned copy/paste thing
Dukat - He gave the the run down on how this game is pulled off in forums elsewhere.
Me - Hosting the first game that wasn't "Classic"
Ochi - Started the trend of "theme" avatars for games with her mustaches in game 2

And I forgot how we came up with the idea to elect GMs…well…I know why (Martinlo and humorman tried to host games at the same time.) At first we had a first come first serve list, but we went with elections eventually…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.