Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Yeah I know where the name comes from.

but seriously, anyone think clue could be incorporated into it?

Actually, the more I think about it, the harder it is to put the two games together.

Damn.

I also had another thought. Possibly splitting mafia's gameplay.

Like two mafias, one for the classic styled games, and the other for grid based war games.

Well I guess it'd more be split into Mafia, and Chess/Battleship War. Just a suggestion.

Posted at

Never understood the point of horseheading…
You've never watched the Godfather?

A singer named Johnny Fontane, who has mob ties, asks the godfather to help him land an important movie role. He sends a representative to Mr. Woltz, a big time Hollywood producer in order to convince him to cast Fontane. Mr. Woltz is promised mafia aid in order to deal with labor issues that he's having but he responds very unkindly and vows to make sure that Fontane will never get a good part in any movie. The Godfather asks that Mr. Woltz is sent a message and the next day he wakes up, finding he severed head of his price winning horse in his bed. The message of course was "You're next". Naturally, Mr. Woltz cooperated from that point onwards.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Never really cared for the movie. No.

So about the idea to create two categories. Worth considering, or do you want to hit me for babbling?

Posted at

Never really cared for the movie. No.
Your manhood card.

Hand it over.

As for your question. Well, you could always try and launch an independent grid based/battle game that's unrelated to the main mafia game and see if people are interested in it.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I don't watch many movies PP.

So it's no suprise I haven't seen God Father, getting me to sit down and watch a movie is like getting a cat to drive the car, very tedius, and annoying, and in the end its disasterous… as I walk away five minutes in cussing about how I'd rather be shot by a beanbag gun rather than sit through another cliche minute of lord of the rings.

Posted at

I don't watch many movies PP.

So it's no suprise I haven't seen God Father, getting me to sit down and watch a movie is like getting a cat to drive the car, very tedius, and annoying, and in the end its disasterous… as I walk away five minutes in cussing about how I'd rather be shot by a beanbag gun rather than sit through another cliche minute of lord of the rings.
Oh, fine. Since you seem to have some sort of movie watching intolerance, then I suppose it is your saving grace.

It's just that the Godfather is one of those movies that all men are suppose to be able to quote.

"Michael, you never told me you knew Johnny Fontane!"
"Sure, you want to meet him?"
"Well, yeah! Sure."
"My father helped him with his career."
"How did he do that?"
" …Let's listen to the song."

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Anyway, did you enjoy the grid based game PP?

I was thinking of perhaps a few ways that it could work better perhaps, if it was ever used again.

Idea one: Exposed movements. Instead of hiding where the player moves, its told. Just like chess, you can clearly see where your opponent is moving. Could also be played with alternating turns versus alternating cycles. Like red team's attack phase is blue team's defense phase.

Attack and Defend really. So even though you know where the enemy is, that doesn't mean they can't run to a different space.

Idea 2: Battle Ship, instead of being able to fortify anywhere, each team has a series of bases that must be destroyed to achieve victory, like sinking all the opponent's battle ships. Movements would not be revealed.

Rengishi
Rengishi
Posted at

Guess Ill be in this new game coming up,I wuz Kinda akin like a ass last time

Posted at

I liked the grid game that random set up, although I'm among very few who did. I got such a handy info gathering role that allowed me to keep taps on everything that was going on.

Can't get over the irony that niccea's base was in my bloody mansion.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Heh heh. Yeah… I thought it would be funny when I picked it.

Think those alterations may help with the things people didn't like about the grid game? the two I mentioned in my above post.

Posted at

Can't say. We have rather limited experience running these types of games. The most popular complaint that players mention is that these games are confusing to them. That might scare some off.

I suppose I would be willing to try out the battleship thing… or the chess thing… either is good.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I'm trying to figure out what the confusing part is.

You pick a space, and you attack it. It's like minesweep in a way.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Honestly Zeph, hearing it explained that way makes a lot more sense to me.
When I tried to read it from the original description I was trying to see it in terms of a regular mafia game and I got nowhere.
Also, I have a powerfully short attention span.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I could probably put the gameplay in lameman's terms if it helps people

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Any ideas for my idea? You know, the buggies, the cats, and the humans?

Posted at

I need to earn myself a title.

How about:

Zeph - the one with talent?

or…

Zeph - the one who if he doesn't draw us all something we'll throw him on top of the flag pole?

or…

Zeph - the zeph-miser big boom pow man?

or…

Zeph - the guy who never saw the godfather and never even found out what the horrseheading meant even though he never saw it like 1337 did.

or…

Posted at

Speaking of titles, are we setting up the "Meet the townsfolk" comic? I thought Salsa was gonna start it but he hasn't yet so I can create it, if nobody else will.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

PP gets the title of tied up.

-drives off on go-kart-

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I had a really random idea for a mafia related project. Actually…it was Zeph's too…in a way.

What if we did something similar to this.

Like have the plot of a mafia game where you are the detective and going around solving clues.

I thought it would be interesting…

I already have some ideas for the set up…

Any one else interested? I was thinking about making a powerpoint in a couple of weeks to go through pacing.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I had a really random idea for a mafia related project. Actually…it was Zeph's too…in a way.

What if we did something similar to this.

Like have the plot of a mafia game where you are the detective and going around solving clues.

I thought it would be interesting…

I already have some ideas for the set up…

Any one else interested? I was thinking about making a powerpoint in a couple of weeks to go through pacing.
Yeah sounds great. I have dabbled in reading a few, but I'd never go through such fanboyness to set a picture of it as my avatar or signature.
….But no really this signature was just to creep out people swapping avatars and stuff as revenge! D:

…Yeah the idea's neat. :D

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Ok. I need three volunteers to be Suspects for my Mafia Choose Your Own Adventure. Please tell me. Also, could you submit a bio about your Townston self?

Posted at

Volunteer!!!

Mercer should volunteer too.

1337-
Sick of always being the "funny guy" and always being a townie he decided that he would become more than that. He became…the vigilante! Using his powers he stalks the night defending the town from evil mafia men. BUT no one-including the detective-knows he is the vigilante and thus suspects him to be a murderer. Well he's right but 1337's a murderer for the good guys so he should be applauded rather than suspected.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I want in. Bio will be in later.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I have enough volunteers for now. Thank you very much to everyone. When I get the next chapter done I will send out the call again.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.