Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Do you put stuff in your instant ramen noodles?

Posted at

oh really? but Fried eggs are SO tasty! =D

kennatsu
kennatsu
Posted at

Hehe… I just tried putting a fried egg on top of my noodles. After the yolk cracked I have decided that it was a bad idea. But I still had to eat the mess, which turned out to be rather tasty… 0_0

EvilJared
EvilJared
Posted at

nooo, at least not on the cup noodle variety. it already has peas in it ya know? i gotta go try some of the real kind sometime.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

If you're gonna go through the work (and money) of adding REAL ingredients to your instant noodles, wouldn't you rather just make REAL Ramen?

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

I don't add much to mine. Just a bit of salt, pepper and a tiny bit of butter.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

If you're gonna go through the work (and money) of adding REAL ingredients to your instant noodles, wouldn't you rather just make REAL Ramen?
For me, the point of using instant noodles is mainly for the ready-made flavoring.

kennatsu
kennatsu
Posted at

If you've ever been to a Ramen noodle house you'd be able to see how the noodles are made. I don't know what dough they use, but it involves a lot of elbow grease. Folding, twisting, folding, twisting… that's a lot of hard work!

jgib99
jgib99
Posted at

If you've ever been to a Ramen noodle house you'd be able to see how the noodles are made. I don't know what dough they use, but it involves a lot of elbow grease. Folding, twisting, folding, twisting… that's a lot of hard work!

Yeah, I agree with kennatsu. Takes too much time to make the real ramen noodles.

And I usually add some chicken and some veggies (peas and/or corn). And for a little kick, some tabasco sauce.

suzi
suzi
Posted at

For me, the point of using instant noodles is mainly for the ready-made flavoring.

Agreed. And college. College.

herio
herio
Posted at

but to tell the truth I haven’t eaten ramen befor
but I did try this once with 2 min noodles instant soup with it not the soup packet it became slush rathe nice slush and then I gently chew the cup forme for some reason

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Did you just say that you eat the styrofoam too?

Posted at

I've found I can make an el-cheapo yakisoba/panfried noodle/stir fry vegetable thing. First I cook the ramen and strain it, then I put vegetables in a wok. Stuff like snow peas, baby corn, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots, cook them for a bit, then add noodles. Cook the noodles and the vegetables together for a while and add stir fry sauce.
Yum.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

If you're gonna do that, why use packaged instant ramen which costs you extra? Just buy normal tasteless ramen and do what you do.

kennatsu
kennatsu
Posted at

I'm tempted to try making a "Shaggy" version of instant ramen, but I think I'll just chuck that idea out the window.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, remember the old Scooby Doo cartoons where Shaggy would often put anything (and I mean ANYTHING) in a sandwich or worse… pizza?!?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

ALways wondered why you bother adding "ramen" to the name… I mean, is it like you wanna make it sound more Japanese or something? Or is that a different kind of instant noodles? I dunno…

Well, if this ramen stuff is the same as ordinary instant noodles, I love to add stuff to it. I buy the big packets without flavour or whatever, just noodles. My fave ingredients: thin slices of carrot, half a teaspoon of salt, a bit of pepper, some thin cut up bits of peperoni, a teaspoon of hot English mustard, some sultanas, a pinch of rosemary, cut up bits of zucchini…

Let that boil for a few minutes until the carrot's soft and then chuck in the noodles and wait until they're just soft (not all thick and gluggy), and then eat the whole lot, water and all. Yum!

And as to Volte6's question: Trust me, this is 1 million times simpler and cheaper. All those ingredients cost almost nothing (because you only use small parts of each), including the ready made noodles. It's fast to prepare, extremely simple, tasty when it's done, and it's basically a full meal. So logically, it makes more sense than making your own noodles from a time and cost point of view and that also makes it better than some other meal choices because it's so cheap, fast, tasty, easy to make, and filling. :)

Posted at

I put college in my ramen noodles.

Same.

Posted at

Eggs, fish and bacon.

my favourite…

and spinach… something no one gets.

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

I used to work with a guy who would take one of those little bags of Fritos that you get out of a vending machine, crush chips inside, and then sprinkle the crumbs on his ramen noodle lunch.

Posted at

CHICKEN! Lots and lots of chicken. OH and some water, and a packet of flavoring.

Posted at

If you're gonna do that, why use packaged instant ramen which costs you extra? Just buy normal tasteless ramen and do what you do.
They sell it without the flavor packs? It's cheaper? Holy hell, the things I never knew about instant noodles!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

They sell it without the flavor packs? It's cheaper? Holy hell, the things I never knew about instant noodles!
Yep. You can get big packs of ten or more. They're VERY cheap.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.