Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Like I said. You already have to position clenched and the voting machine was broken. I'm trying to make sure that two people that seem trustworthy get the jobs they deserve. If we can't trust our admins who can we trust.

You have my support just not the vote.

odysseus55
odysseus55
Posted at

Niccea you must PQ your vote to BK for it to count.

Where did you find the rules? I followed the link Black Kitty put up but did not see rules anywhere. I am soooo lost.

Posted at

Black Kitty's first post in this thread goes over some basic rules (no sharing info after you're dead, etc), and in the thread she linked, in the first post THERE she describes how the game 'goes' in voting cycles. Then, if you scroll a little ways down to a large blue quoted section, she describes each role and its powers which is really where the interesting aspects come into the game. :]

If you have any specific questions I'm sure she would be happy to answer them, I've already asked her a few. I think she said she would not be back onto the internet today until it was time to tally mayoral votes though.

I bet a lot of us have never played this before so for people who are really unsure, just play as best you can and things will become more obvious after seeing the game being played.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Do as you say, not do as you do?
All you seem to do is misquote people and take things out of context. You seem to have missed this form that very same paragraph:

"Especially since you have no clues or evidence to go on yet"

The entire context of what I was saying there is that I had been in extensive communication and SO had reason, not just that I did suspect.

In fact I'm STILL in communication with him and I reserve my judgement till further on in the game. That's how I roll.
-Unlike some it seems. Unfortunately. :(
All I know is that I better not be on your 'possible mafia' list just because I'm running against you. If I'm the first guy you hang we'll all know you can't be trusted. Just saying, I'm watching you.O_o

Posted at

I here by withdraw my nomination as it has become apparent the little man can not compete with the power of the admin. And although fun it would be foolish to try.

Posted at

I hope no one thinks we should be mayor because we're admins. :] We're just the ones putting up the most fight I think!

(I can never let ozone have an easy win)

edit: speelign

Posted at

I'm kind of around it's just that work is going through exam period right now so I'm usually called to supervise an exam. I have some votes in my PQ box but I rather tally them at home (on a computer that is not haunted >.>)

Quick Q&A (as I will be kicked off soon ; ~; )

Do I have to PQ you my vote?
Yes you do. I won't count it unless it's PQed. This is so that if I have to double check the votes, it'll be easier and it is a nice neat way to abide by the first come first serve rule.

How does DAY 1 cycle (election) work?
Players cast a vote for one player and the player with the most vote is mayor. The player with the second most votes is pardoner.

Can bodyguards be allocated to another person?
That is a very interesting ability and I would totally put that in for game 2~ Unfortunately for this particular game no. The bodyguards only protect the mayor and the pardoner. Only the mayor knows who the bodyguards are.

Halp! Where are the roles?
In the sign-up thread but when I get back home I'll edit my first post and put that in for easy access.

I feel kind of bad that it is not clear. I was reluctant to throw all these rules out because I didn't want to overwhelm everyone with rules. So I figure I'll go bit by bit. Guess that didn't go over too well. ^^;;

Halp! What happens afterwards?
At around 8 PM EST the polls will close. (I will be online earlier than that though.) I will then calculate the votes, inform the mayor/pardoner, ask the mayor who he/she wants to insta-lynch (mayor can also choose to abstain), inform the bodyguards, and then write a narrative. Then the night cycle will begin.

Because there are limited number of players with a night ability, the night cycle is shorter. Instead of 48 hours it will be 24 hours. The count will start once the narrative is up. All actions will be taken on a first come first serve basis.

Then I will close the night cycle, write a narrative with clues/red herrings, and post it up. Then it will be a day cycle! <3

Again thanks for playing guys. :D

*sneaks off back to work* >.>

Posted at

Can bodyguards be allocated to another person?
That is a very interesting ability and I would totally put that in for game 2~ Unfortunately for this particular game no. The bodyguards only protect the mayor and the pardoner. Only the mayor knows who the bodyguards are.

Boooooo :[

But a person could still voluntarily identify themselves, and then cooperate through PQs to protect a given person?

Mutation
Mutation
Posted at

Can't our votes be anonymous as a question? Also, I totally didn't notice the PQ vote rule. Whoops. u.u

waff
waff
Posted at

i agree with mutation

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

I voted skoolmunkee. Cause voting for yourself is cheap.
And Ozone seems shifty…

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

voting for yourself is cheap.

Actually, someone told me once: "If you aren't going to vote for yourself, why the hell are you running?"

Posted at

Boooooo :[

But a person could still voluntarily identify themselves, and then cooperate through PQs to protect a given person?

You can definitely voluntarily identify yourself. (You just can't screenshot the PQs I send.)

Just that the bottomline is that the bodyguards protect the mayor and the pardoner. If a paramedic identified themselves to you and offered their services to whomever you please, then yes~ It's just that the bodyguards do not possess medic abilities. It is simply their presence that offers protection to specific individuals.

I'm sorry guys if I'm not clear. :( I'll try to be more clear in the future.

Posted at

I think it's just that we haven't played it yet (or most of us haven't I'm guessing) so we aren't sure how everything might work :) I think you are explaining things fine.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

No one is going to get any extra protection from Bodyguards, so Skool's plans are only semi-possible to impliment. Turns out her plans weren't as careful as she thought.

That said, they were still a good idea based on what she thought she knew! But as mayor I won't be basing my strategies an incorrect assumptions :)

waff
waff
Posted at

thats alright kitty but if the description for the mayor is correct then you can have a paramedic or even a vigalante mayor.

Posted at

There are still two paramedics and if they volunteer themselves then they can protect people, and if detectives or whatnot volunteer themselves, they can still work together to find out info in an organized way. I was wrong about the bodyguard reassignment thing, but if people cooperate then the plan is still completely do-able!

If no one volunteered themselves anyway, not only would the plan not work but the bodyguards wouldn't have been reassigned anyway (because I wouldn't know who they'd be protecting). But if someone didn't like the plan, they wouldn't be voting for me! See how that works.

I'm still the only one who has tried working out a strategy, and you're still the one who is a pandering fathead.

Posted at

if skoolmunkee is a mobsters than people revealing themselves to her would be a terrible thing, and it seems like she really wants that to happen. And before I resigned I worked out a strategy, so you weren't the first.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

fathead.
In a very nice hat!
Of which you're are envious I see ;)

And I'm not calling anyone names here. As my opponent I respect you highly. :)
May the best candidate win!

And I pledge not to use my instalynch as soon as I'm elected! IF I'm elected.

humorman
humorman
Posted at

I still plan to stay in the race, despite how bleak the standings may be for me. I just want to let you guys know to make sure to keep your heads about yourselves. Even after the mayoral race is over, don't vote to lynch someone out of fear or suspicion. Remember, townies outnumber the mafia 4 to 1, so we have a definite advantage. Don't ruin this by voting carelessly. Use logic and reason in your choices.

Posted at

if skoolmunkee is a mobsters than people revealing themselves to her would be a terrible thing, and it seems like she really wants that to happen. And before I resigned I worked out a strategy, so you weren't the first.

The same could be true of anyone who is running for mayor, there's no way I can prove I'm not a mafia but no one else can either. Anyone who becomes mayor could use the same strategies I proposed too, even Ozone said he might use them. I'm sure people have worked out their own strategies, but because they've not shared them they must be personal strategies. Mine is a logical town strategy and an effort to be transparent and get people to work together in an organized way. I still think it's a good plan but it will only work if people cooperate with it. It does mean that people who want to go along with the plan need to trust me, but I think in a lot of ways that's preferable to trusting nobody. Whoever becomes mayor will be asking for townies' trust!

And I want to be mayor because geez, I spent a while coming up with the plan, if people like it I may as well get elected mayor so I can implement it! :]

Edit: If I understand right, the insta-lynch is used even before the night cycle begins, so it would be foolish to use it unless the mayor is certain someone is a mafia. Otherwise it would just be an irresponsible stab in the dark. I don't really see how anyone could have figured out any mafia by that point. Of course Ozone promises not to use it! If he's a townie, he might be killing one of his own, and if he's a mafia, he'd be revealing that he's happy to kill off townies.

Posted at

I am finally home. @_@

Doubling checking on the votes in a bit (since someone said I missed one?) but here is an updated tally.

Ozoneocean - 9 votes (+1 bonus for campaign images~)
Ozoneocean
korosu
highspeedcomics
Sea_Cow
Gasp Its Jake
the2ndredbaron
harkovast
Skullbie

leaderofstars - 1 vote
leaderofstars

Gullas - 1 vote
Gullas

Skoolmunkee - 7 votes (+1 for campaign image~)
martinlo_23
odysseus55
Vakanai
Mutation
Niccea
Skoolmunkee

humorman
humorman

Nersop and Vakanai both have a one vote bonus but no voters under their name.

As I was a bit late getting home (had to stop by the bank), I am extending the cycle to 9 PM EST. However it seems currently Ozone is in the lead followed by Skoolmunkee~

(I actually have one unresolved vote (this person knows who he is) and if I don't get a response, I will…put him in?)

Posted at

Well, unless I get the three remaining voters, looks like I'm not going to be the mayor :] That's cool too I guess.

Posted at

Things can change in a blink of an eye~

To answer other questions I've missed…

Can my vote be anonymous?
Unfortunately no. Every vote will be publicly posted.

(As a side note in other games I've played over in MT forums, there are versions where a narrative name is used. In that situation you can hide behind an anonymous mask to cast your vote. However for this game every vote is public.)

Can a paramedic/vigilante/mafia/paranoid/whatever be a mayor?
Yes. It is why the roles were given first then the first cycle began. The only time a player's role will be publicly revealed is in in death. When a player dies, I will list them as a dead player followed by what role he/she held.

How will the narrative look like?

Let's say I am an evil mafia cat and killed the Duck's dear friend, Quail. The narrative may look like this:

After sending his beloved friend, the drunk Duck, home again on a taxi (which as usual he had to pay for himself), the Quail set about on his long walk home. Along the way he saw a bird landing, a cat battling, and a curly mustache fluttering. It must have been a busy night because a crowd surged past him in canned laughter but still the Quail pressed on! It has been a tiring night and he looks forward to a good night's sleep.

A laugh! "Hohoho~" said the nimble beast as the Quail stopped in his busy walk home. "If you but lean in closer, I could tell you a joke.

The joke turns out to be on the Quail. His half chewed body was found the next morning with a sign taped on him that reads "needs more sauce."

In that particular narrative the laughter references and the crowd bit are clues. (Canned laughter + crowd is from a video linked in my profile. Hohoho is a clue towards my avatar.) Anything else is a red herring or a coincidence.

The colour green for the Quail's name symbolizes that the Quail was a townie (with no role.) If Quail was a paramedic then his name would be in blue. If Quail was a mafia, his name would be in red.

Edit: If you need more examples of how the narrative works, you can see them here and here. These were ones I (and two other players) created for a mafia game~

What happens if a hit fails?
A failed hit will be absorbed. This means if you are a vigilante and you hit say…the mayor. The mayor has two bodyguards. Your hit will fail and will not be refunded to you.

The vigilante however will have their hit refunded to them if it overlaps with the mafia's hit.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.