Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Forum Fighters! Hosted by Mettaur, Harkovast, and TheFlyingGreenMonkey!

Posted at

My vote goes to the samurai.

I like cheering for the underdog.

Posted at

well samurais are cool so they have my vote.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

The flying green monkey, you raise an interesting point.
It is a very common misconception that medieval knights stumbled around with difficulty in their armour or if they fell over they struggled to get up.
This is, of course, nonsense.
The armour was design for fighting in. If it made it HARDER for you to fight, no one would have worn it as that would be INSANE!

I have personally seen demonstration of people in full plate armour being pushed off their feet and springing back up again, so the idea that they were lumbering is a farce.

Watch this video for proof. When watch when one knight is thrown down by the other (and then how he can immediately spring back up!)

Also, lets not forget, the samurai is wearing armour TOO! And if you look at full samurai armour, it hardly looks like something you can turn back flips in!

Despite the BS hollywood shows, in medieval hand to hand combat, the better armoured man has a HUGE advantage in toughness and a negligable disadvantage in agility.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Excellent point Hark! Alright everyone, you have two days left to vote, so if you haven't voted already, do so now!

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Let's not forget that Europeans are generally larger than Japanese. This means greater advantages in strength and reach. Also, most longswords had blades between 35 and 40 inches, while the katana had a 23 and a half to 29 inch blade. This makes the knight's reach even greater than the samurai's. Yes there are longer swords on both sides, but most of those were intended as anti-pike weapons. The only sword I can think of that has a longer blade that could be used in hand to hand is the claymore, and that's stretching it a little.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I believe the Claymore is a scottish born weapon, as to if all the European Knights used them, I'm not sure. It may be a tad of a stretch.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I'm going to pick samurai for the valid and logical reason that Siegfried is a cheap mofo in Soul Calibur.

Also, this is a great idea for a forum game, kudos to Mettaur, Harkovast, and TheFlyingGreenMonkey!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Well thanks Aqua, nice to know people like the game! Alright guys, I think we are at a tie, we need a tie breaking vote, who will win? Knight, Samurai? Will we get art of the winning scene? I have no idea, but I can promise this. As long as this thread stays up, me, Hark, and TFGM will keep on coming up with more and more insane ideas for all you kiddies at home! Thanks for the support so far, and I hope you all will enjoy future episodes of Forum Fighters!

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

You might possibly get some depending on my mood lol.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I believe the Claymore is a scottish born weapon, as to if all the European Knights used them, I'm not sure. It may be a tad of a stretch.
Never said all of Europe used claymores. I think it was just the Scottish that used them.
No, what I meant by it being a stretch is that the claymore is really close to being an exclusively anti-pike weapon.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Ah, alright. I was just remembering the episode with william Wallis Versus the Zulu Warrior (I think that was it. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Oh yeah! I remember that episode, good one. Of course Wallace would win, it was obvious from the start. Come on, lets not end the first fight on a tie! We need to tip the scales before 7:12 P.M. tomorrow, or it will be a tie. So yeah, It really Isn't a surprise that Wallace won. Anyone disagree? Oh, and It wasn't a Zulu Warrior, It was Shaka Zulu himself!

crocty
crocty
Posted at

European knight.

Here are my reasons
-Hawt accent
-Isn't a rapist like all Japanese people obviously are.
-Doesn't look like professor Utonium

Oh yeah, better weapons and armour too blah blah.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I wouldn't say all Japanese people are rapists, And the Europeans aren't exactly known for class in that department either. The germanic tribes they originated from, were all about the pillage and rape.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I wouldn't say all Japanese people are rapists, And the Europeans aren't exactly known for class in that department either. The germanic tribes they originated from, were all about the pillage and rape.
Oh it was a joke, because rape parties and general creepiness is big in Japan.

I'm sure there are many cool Japanese people. I will just have trouble naming them….

pastel
pastel
Posted at

European Knights are hawter :O
they slayed dragons and shit
and rode on horses
and saved princesses
and worked together with wizards.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I don't think that really enhances their fighting ability. Heh heh…

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Well, at first the Knight was slapping the Samurai silly, but then the fan votes got him caught up, and now the Knight is once again cruising ahead! But seriously, lets not fuel our fighters mostly on "fan votes", we are trying to advance scientific progress! Max understands what I'm talking about, right?

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

-Max throws paintgrenades at sexy women.- "FOR SCIENCE!"
Yeah, I think he does… I think.

So whats the score now?

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

10 for the Knight, and 7 for the Samurai.

therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

The European Knight.

The European Knight and Japanese Samurai would fight a lengthy battle with neither getting an upper-hand until the American soldier finally comes in to help the European Knight and show them how to really fight.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

So you going to declare a winner?

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Not time yet. I already said when the votes are done, 7:12 P.M., so just wait a tad and the winner shalt be declared!

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Oh Thought that was 7:12 PM yesterday.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.