Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Have you ever done something that just simply revolted you?

I did just now… My Tomcat brought in a great big rat to show me, (he'd killed it first, this time). Then he drooped it on the laundry floor and seemed to be indicating that he wanted to eat it, but couldn't quite bite through it for some reason.
So for some even more BIZARRE reason I decided to "help" him out: I went to the kitchen, got a great big meat cleaver, took the rat outside, put it on a piece of wood and chopped it up with three massive hacks.

I didn't realise how gross it would be; the perfect furry body of the big rodent hacked into 4 separate pieces, clinging together with skin, leaking dark red blood and intestines through the rents in that lovely soft grey-brown fur… The hacked of head glancing askance at me with beady black eyeballs. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not cut out for that sort of thing.
-pardon the pun…

I even had to clean the gore of the cleaver. YUCK.

isukun
isukun
Posted at

My family had a cat years ago who used to kill vermin around the house and give it to my mother. When it trotted into the house at four AM and dropped a dead rat on her chest while she was sleeping, the cat lost house priviledges at night. Never the type to be discouraged, the cat started leaving its prey at the front door. So my mother started going out the back door and letting my father clean up the mess. The cat cuaght on to this and started tearing its prey in half, leaving one half at the front door and one half at the back.

I tink the grossest thing I've found from one of my cats, though, was a mouse that one of my cats chased under an excercize mat in our basement. It looked like it had been there for a few weeks when we found it and the thing was pretty flat and pressed into the carpet.

The grossest thing I've seen was a really bad accident in Maryland. When I was on my way to a friend's house, I saw a pretty bad accident where a utility van apparently hit a pedestrian. The police had just arrived and the scene was a complete mess. Blood and chunks of flesh everywhere. The van's windsheild was crushed into the car and the pedestrian wasn't really recognizable as a human, apart from bits of clothing mixed in with the pulp. I almost had to stop to throw up.

Posted at

my most grossest moment:
(I think I told you this on yahoo once, ozoneocean)…

I was staying at my grandma's house, and then I woke up in the middle of the night to find that I was sick… and that I needed to throw up badly. so I was running to the bathroom, but didn't make it there so I threw up on the floor.. and in comes my grandma's dog to see what is going on with me.. she sees the stuff on the floor, and before I can stop her, she starts eating and lapping up my throw-up. seeing this, I felt so sick and grossed agian that I just HAD to throw up AGAIN. the second time, I made it to the bathroom.

Posted at

You guys realise that you must have been a great friend to your kitties- because if they bring rats to you, you have scored top marks in their esteem. So be proud!

…and yes, I've had my own kitties bring me gifts of the sort, too. heh.

OK… grossest thing. Not very intimidating when described, but somehow I always have a problem with both occasions:

1. Have a student pick his/her nose and eat the pickings. (an adult one did that as well…)

2. Have someone (usually my father) rub his eyes and hear squelchy sounds as if he is thoroughly squishing his eyes into jelly.

That's pretty much it.

Posted at

My sister is a zoologist. I've had to defrost dead mice, cut them into pieces wih scissors and feed them with my bare hands to a baby owl before. Made worse by the fact that often baby owl doesn' eat mouse, but drops it, rips it open with it's talons and plays with it. Also have fed live crickets to geckos, seen my sister eat bugs just to show that you can. I've seen decomposing sheep, seen my brother get his teeth punched out, and worst of all, I've seen people eat haggis….ugh.

Posted at

i once ate a pizza and sneezed, my nose started tickling so i snorted, then i realized that there was pepperoni up my nose before i snorted, it was now in my mouth!

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

I found out what head cheese was. Apparantly it's the bits of pig and cow that no one really wants in their meat– ears, eyes, brain, hooves, etc. and that my mom actually used to eat it all the time as a little kid. She said she even served some to my sister and I when we were little… but I can't remember anything about it. I sure hope she didn't.

And I have cats who leave presents at the back door all the time. Except our back door is glass, so if you are in the kitchen or the hall you can see my cats eating the things they catch. And they'll periodically leave random body parts behind. Like the head… or feet… or stomach… or intestines. Actually, I think I've become immune to it because it doesn't gross me out so much anymore.

Posted at

hmm…my brother spit a noodle at me and it landed in my mouth because I was talking. That was pretty disgusting. I think I accidentally swallowed it too.

Posted at

Well, for one thing, rats carry diseases, and they can carry bubonic plague, which can be transmitted to rodents and subsequently to cats that eat them and…yup…to humans if an infected cat comes into contact with a human.

I'm not a vet or anything, just something I caught on the news about 6 months ago of such a case. Astounding, made me re-think the cat-eating-rodents-then-licking-me thing.

Also, to go outside to cleaver up a dead rat, well….there's something messed up about that.

Seriously, DRAW a rat being butchered, not actually go and DO it, regardless if the rat is dead or not!

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

I did the stupid thing of licking a car tire.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Well, for one thing, rats carry diseases, and they can carry bubonic plague, which can be transmitted to rodents and subsequently to cats that eat them and…yup…to humans if an infected cat comes into contact with a human.
Ah, that's actually fleas, not the rats.
But on that note, I think he avoids eating the rat if he senses any hint of sickness or infection. In this case my hard work and grossing out went for naught! He snifed the bits and promptly avoided them.
But he DID come in shortly after with a smaller rat which he proceded to eat completely: nose to tail, scurnch, scrunch scrunch!

Rat bits don't gross me out normally, but making those bits myself was something different.

Ewww, snorting up peperoni from inside your mouth? Jebus!

Posted at

Gross stuff?

My brother used to eat out of the catbox when he was 5

CZweig
CZweig
Posted at

I'm normally a pretty timid person, so I pretty much steer clear of anything "gross". The worst I can think of was this one spider-killing incident a while ago. Now, spiders are number one on my phobia list (right above nipple piercings and injuries, and only because I, understandably, don't come in contact with nipple piercings or injuries very often) so just seeing it was already a gross factor. However; I picked up a can of carpet cleaner with which to kill it, slammed the can on top of it, and it perished with a crunching sound and convulsions of its legs, sticking out from under the sides of the can. Gave me the shivers, it did.

And all this talk of dead cat presents sort of makes me wish my cat killed its trappings instead of torturing them, so I'd have a more interesting story to tell.

Jillers
Jillers
Posted at

I had a cat once who ate meeces - I didn't even know we had them in the house until I saw him sitting in front of the pantry one day with a tail hanging out of his mouth.

I actually tried to get him to drop it - but, thankfully, he didn't. I guess in my head he managed to stuff the whole mouse in his mouth and that it would be free and scurry away. In retrospect, it was a really good idea that he didn't drop it.

Grossest thing I've ever done though? Well, there's a couple….
One was, I must stress this lest you think me some sort of fecalfeliac, sheer curiosity, from being like 7 or 8 and going to a nature preserve and learning about owl pellets. I believe you can guess where that leads. I grew out of it pretty quickly - and always washed my hands, I promise you!

Another one was we used to have a Keeshound - but we never got his properly cut or anything, so he was a giant ball of fur - which makes pooping particualarly rough, as it doesn't always clear the ass fur - so, if I was the only one around to watch him, I'd have to take care of that - or else he'd rub his ass on the carpet.

I guess another gross thing I used to do is eat raw meat - like raw as in uncooked. My mom does that too. I don't anymore, but, oddly enough, I never got sick from it.

Finally, this was about two or three years ago - I was in France, and besides being horribly sunburned, I got a horrible blister on my feet. Both feet.

In Paris, the one on the heel of my foot broke, and just because of how the skin was, it caused a cut. I can't explain it.
So I let it heal, but it didn't heal right, it was hurting, and some of the edges of the skin were black. I knew this wasn't any good so I reopened the wound and cut out the dead skin. It was pretty gross now that I htink of it. But after I did that it healed fine.

Yeah… well then, now you know more about me than most people I know in life.

Posted at

let's see. i used to live in these old houses with rats-the rents cheap-what can i say. that's probably why i started having cats. anyway in one place, we laid out poison for the rats. it worked.and luckily it died in the open and not in the wallspace. however where it died was the problem. on top of the water heater. where it baked itself. i had to pry it off with a broomstick and cardboard. it had a pool of blood baked around it too. meanwhile my roommate is screaming at the top of her lungs. she was a biology major and i found it very odd that she couldnt handle a dead animal. to be honest,i thought i was the one to have the screaming fit.
i once did a very mean thing to a rat. i lived in a house that had huge rats. they werent too scared of people. snuck into cupboards and ate your food. the scariest was they liked to dive into the trash can and eat stuff in there. unfortunately, it was a rooming house so i couldnt get the other people to clean up. and also as the rat guy(we called one in) said that house needed to be bulldozed down. anyway i hate rats and after having one run across my feet, i got evil and devised the trash can of death. i put water halfway in trash can and put some smelly garbage on top of the water. in the middle of the night, i heard a splash. i run into the kitchen, toss the cutting board on top, and pile stuff on top of the cutting board and let it drown. that wasnt nice. but neither were the rats. the next night, an even bigger rat ran across my feet. i gave up, and moved next door- which was rat free but cost more.

Posted at

Back in NH, I had a cat that loved to hunt. We had no problem with her hunting and killing, but the sheer fact that we forced her to leave her killings outside made her all the more determined to get her trophies inside the house. If we were unsuspecting enough, she would rush in under our feet with her trophey in her mouth, and leave it on some absorbant surface.

One night, I was just about going to bed, when I heard scratching on our front door. Knowing it was my kitty, I opened the door, and she zoomed in with something in her mouth. Half asleep, I just figured she'd leave it somewhere my mother could find and pick up in the morning, and turned into my room. I was very startled when the cat ran out of my room, but thought nothing of it until I climbed into the bed, and laid my head on something warm and a little wet. STartled, I bolted upright, and saw the dead mouse on my pillow. I shrieked, then carefully threw the thing outside. As I did this, the cat decided to try to play "fetch", so I quickly shut the door.

Just so there's not a concern about this, I assure you, I washed the pillow casing and made sure to do all I could to clean the pillow as soon as I could. I just slept minus a pillow that night. xD

Posted at

i had lacerated my eye a few years back. I videotaped it as it was healing. i spent the night in the ER and had to get stitches. the funny thing was that before the stitches I could see through my eyelids whenever I closed my eye.

I have to warn you it's kinda graphic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4_dPhDutXA

Posted at

i had lacerated my eye a few years back. I videotaped it as it was healing. i spent the night in the ER and had to get stitches. the funny thing was that before the stitches I could see through my eyelids whenever I closed my eye.

That was totally wicked!

Rich
Rich
Posted at

I have a very weak stomach, so I have no stories to tell you all. -_-

Posted at

That was totally wicked!

i thought so too!

after the initial scare that my eyeball was popped because I lost all sight on that right eye from the blood flow.

but I got a cool looking scar to show to girls !_^

Rich
Rich
Posted at

but I got a cool looking scar to show to girls !_^

Scars are cool and all, but you can find professional body modification artists who will give you them in a safe and controlled enviroment so that you don't have to risk losing an eye.

And that video of yours was very disturbing. Your choice of BGM increased the WTF-factor. :(

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

how about picking up shit by accident.

As in… human excrement.

I was cleaning the change rooms of the department store I worked in… and fuck I'm not kidding. someone shitted in the changeroom. That was just plain rude.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Scars are cool and all, but you can find professional body modification artists who will give you them in a safe and controlled enviroment so that you don't have to risk losing an eye.
That's the stupidist thing I've ever heard of… Do people really DO that? It reminds me of the controlled dueling they used to do in Germany in the late 19thC, where they'd wear protection everywhere apart from the cheeks so they could get cool 'dueling scars' if they lost.

Great vid sub, that was amazing, with quite an 'ick' fctor. Ha! The eye is filled with jelly, not blood, but I love how you said you were loooking for it on the ground. :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.