Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

No no, not the show, although it is an awesome show. Who are the people that you idolize?

People I admire:

…I made these for the hero section on myspace, so why not use them here too? Anyway…those are all people I admire.

People I admire on Drunk Duck:

Amelius- Her art is crazy good, as are her skills with photoshop and storytelling

Alejkhan- Stories are unique and realistic (not in the sense that it is happening, or even could happen in the case of Jump, but that if it did happen, it would happen like she tells it). Art is incredible

Inkmonkey- Man oh man can this guy pop out an awesome strip daily.

ZoeStead- A book! She's got a book coming out! That's so hardcore!

Ozone Ocean- Have you looked at this guys art? Makes me wanna cry it's so good!

Darkmax- If you're not reading The Devilfish Project you really should be, the art is amazing, and it updates a lot.

Evil Dawn- These guys…their comic was crazy good! The art looks professional, it updated a lot, and now they're posting extras.

Basically…if your name isn't on the list you haven't made me utter "wow" outloud yet, or you did and I simply forgot, which is another very large possibility. These are just some of the people I aspire to be be as good as someday.

Posted at

Butch Hartman is awesome.

I'd probably say I admire Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, as I plan to make a show like Avatar with my friends someday.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Michael Jackson =D

Posted at

H.G. Wells. The man has written some of the greatest books and stories out there, among other, even more awesome works.

Posted at

James Baldwin, ER Burroughs,Alexander Hamilton, Gustavus Vassa, Robert Heinlein, Sherman Alexie, Alvar Nuñez Cabeza de Vaca.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Woot, I'm somewhat heroic! :)
My heros are people who thik I'm heroic. ^_^
Seriously, It makes sense when you think about it.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

I'd probably say I admire Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko

Second-ed. Also add Alan Moore to the list, along with Dave Gibbons, Robert Kirman (except I don't really like his Marvel stuff) and the team that made Elite Beat Agents.

Posted at

robert rodriguez, frank miller, ed risso, brian azzarello, ellis

Posted at

Tim Burton, Danny Elfman, Doug TenNapel, Lewis Trondheim, John K.

And probably also Jhonen Vasquez, altough I don't think he'll be pleased to hear that :P

Posted at

Edgar Allan Poe, Richard Matheson, H.G. Wells, Hironobu Sakaguchi, and Hideo Kojima.

One person I know actually thinks I look like Poe. 0_o

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

Crap, all of my heros are old guys, most of them are dead too.

Am I boring and out of touch with modern youth?

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

I need to definitely add Paul Dini and Bruce Timm to my list of heroes.

Mark
Mark
Posted at

no offence to you butch hartman lovers but butch hartman sucks! Most of his jokes are really lame, while some Fairly Odd Parrents is admittedlty good, it's outweighted by the massive ammounts of lame stuff that he puts out, and did I mention that I think Danny Phantom is really bad.

Adding to the list, Kirk Hammet, Trent Reznor, The Arcade Fire, Scott Mccloud, Will Eisner, and JHONEN VAZQUES ROCKS!!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Juile Strain is my hero… because… she's… big.

kaminari
kaminari
Posted at

My hero would be a spastic little elf whom none of you know because he's not some fancy-smancy celebrity. But when Im feeling at my lowest, just his voice can turn my day completely around and leave me, personally, feeling on top of the clouds.

Aeon
Aeon
Posted at

I am shocked and appalled at the lack of muppet love here. Are you people without hearts?

Jim Henson has been my hero since I was conscious.

Samuel Beckett is my theatrical hero.

Richard Brautighan is my poetry hero.

In the world of comics Bill Scienkewicz (whose name I cannot spell. Hah.) and Barry Windsor Smith (even if his faces always look weirdly smushed) are my art heros. Because I have never gotten over the end of the eighties, apparently. Art Speigelman, comic writing hero. (And I cannot fathom the Frank Miller thing. Maybe it's my ovaries. I just don't get what the BFD is.)

I have lots of favorite authors, but I wouldn't say many of them are my heroes.

Posted at

I am shocked and appalled at the lack of muppet love here. Are you people without hearts?

Jim Henson has been my hero since I was conscious.

Samuel Beckett is my theatrical hero.

Richard Brautighan is my poetry hero.

In the world of comics Bill Scienkewicz (whose name I cannot spell. Hah.) and Barry Windsor Smith (even if his faces always look weirdly smushed) are my art heros. Because I have never gotten over the end of the eighties, apparently. Art Speigelman, comic writing hero. (And I cannot fathom the Frank Miller thing. Maybe it's my ovaries. I just don't get what the BFD is.)

I have lots of favorite authors, but I wouldn't say many of them are my heroes.

I've got those fantastic ovaries too, but I adore Frank Miller's stuff. So that can't be why you don't like him. The big thing I like about Frank Miller is his ability to tell a story. Reading Sin City, I feel like I'm there. Like I'm in Marv, or Dwight's mind. To top that off, his art is unique, his use of ink is mind boggling.

Anywoo, yes to Puppetry. Labyrinth FTW. Although…David Bowie really made that movie, and he's no puppet.

Aeon
Aeon
Posted at

He's just not my cup of tea. I've read the obligatory Miller works… they're just not for me. But I'm glad to know it's not my ovaries holding me back. ;)

And I should have mentioned that David Bowie is my musical hero. (Also my tight pants hero. Yow.)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.