Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

How would you (did you) react to a sudden "love confession"?

Posted at

I once had this partially happen to me. While in my early teens this girl, who I was working with, started to come on to me, strong. But alas, I was such a shy person at the time that I didn't know what to do about it.

THIS VIDEO

That video was adorable but it reminded me so much of another song I heard of few years ago. It was more like a male version of this song, some guy trying to pick up a girl, using small talk.

In fact I looked up the song, uploaded it to youtube and made a translation so you guys could listen to it. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OmrsonoOXM

Posted at

i "woo hoo"ed and tore off my clothes.

but when a dude said it to me i ran home and took a shower.

Posted at

but when a dude said it to me i ran home and took a shower.
I had that happen to me once, minus the shower.

He was still in the closet at the time and was carefully trying to figure out if I was gay since he liked me. At the time I was playing allot of CounterStrike with my friends and I frequently complimented his good gaming skills. I must have sent him the wrong signals because he must have thought I was hitting on him. He was to shy to admitting it though until years later when he finally confessed his sexuality.

Posted at

Well, priduct placement dude- butt slaps are usually reserved for the NFL, not counter strike. Any dude will fall for you whenever you go "nice HEADSHOT, man" with a wink and a little slap to his bum. So i guess it's understandable. Next time just use a regular high five and just to be sure yell out "i want your sister's numbeeerrrr!!" or "your mom
Is hhaawwttt!!" (if he doesnt have a sister) just to be sure.

Posted at

Feel incredibly awkward. This has happened to me recently. But didn't know what to do or say, since the guy knows I'm in a long term relationship and then started plaguing me with "what if you were single?" So I gave him all my philosophy on how when you choose one of life's pathways, all the others close down and confused him into oblivion, which made him leave it alone. I felt a little bad but didn't want to tell him to stop bugging me, which was my gut reaction.

Unless I loved them back, I would find it very weird and probably never speak to them again out of sheer discomfort.

I'm quite the same, I agree.

No one has ever made such remarks to me. If they did, I would probably assume they were lying, teasing, or being sarcastic. (I'm a hopeless romantic but not a "catch." I used to fall for jokes at my expense all the time. :-/
The first half is how I always have been (except for my partner, but we really did just click) so I agree with you there. First response for a lot of people is to think "yeah, right".
However, if people play around with you and make you the brunt of jokes like that, it's really not fair :( I'm a romantic myself, and couldn't imagine someone being so cruel as to take advantage of that. Trust me though, when it's real, you will know, and it will be worth it :)

Posted at

You shouldn't come onto guys that strong.
Was it my fault that I though he was a good player?

Posted at

I never had the net as a teen, but I find love confessions online to be creepy. I think they have the best impact when given face to face.

Definitely! You can never tell if they were serious or not. For example, a particularly venomous girl I used to know had a habit of telling everyone on her contacts list that she was "in love" with them and would convince them that she was. When they said that they weren't interested, or that they were already with someone, she would pretend to get upset and accuse them of saying that because she was fat- she was 17 stone (237 pounds). She really was horrible.

Face to face is the way to go–it shows you're sincere, and care enough to risk rejection in order to declare your love. (Online, you can just say "sorry, wrong person" if it gets bad.)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.