Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

How would you (did you) react to a sudden "love confession"?

Posted at

When I was a lot younger, I had a friend of mine gave me a valentines card out of the blue, with a lot of people around. I didn't take it seriously at all, and laughed quite hard, so the poor guy left in shame. It was a sweet card too (he wrote "I love you" in 3 languages because he couldn't express it enough in one, or something).

He did the same thing again when I went round his house 4 years later. I was trying to configure my X-Y axis on Timesplitters 3 while he was trying to ask me out (I did keep trying to edit the options. Damn inverted axis!) I felt bad about the time previously, so I accepted. Which was a bad idea, and didn't end well. Don't go out with people out of pity.

He's got another girlfriend now, and we're still good friends (I prefer it that way).

I don't know if I'd react the same way now. If I was playing a game, sadly I can see that happening in a similar way (boy I have to sort out my priorities), but I don't think I'd laugh in such a cruel way. I still feel bad about that.

Most likely I wouldn't take it seriously. I'm not the kind of person to inspire devoted love in most people.

…Wow this article has made me depressed.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

the weirdest one that ever happened to me was when i was in highschool, and this boy'd come up to me everyday and ask for a dollar to buy a muffin for lunch or somethin. whatever, i had no idea what he'd do with that dollar but no biggy, other then that i never talked to the dude. one day he comes up to me and im like yeah here's yer dollar and he's like do you wanna go out with me? i said no.

ussually though if someone asks me out now, i'll tell em straight up that i aint interested and depending on how well i know em, i'll avoid em. 's just how i am. i've also been in a relationship for 8 years and we're both kinda the jelous type, so i just dont like giving anyone the opportunity.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

A girl I asked out to Prom responded by stuttering and saying she had to think about it. It's been over two years since then, and we're still going out. So, I'd say that worked pretty well.

Posted at

I'd likely not know how to react due to AS and then walk away only to, hours later, realise what actually just happened there.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

…Wow this article has made me depressed.

whoa… didn't think anything I posted could do that. I apologize. :)

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

That's a tough one: I've had a couple of sudden "hate confessions", but I'll have to wait for the sudden "hate confessions" thread, should such a thread ever arise.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

This has never happened to me…I have a wonderful way of guarding myself against embarassing situations like that. I call it "not talking to anyone".

Posted at

the first time that happened to me, i was in the center and was going home when my mum called and said, i'm not home and there's no food so buy something there.
i went for a pizza when my best friend called me, asked me where i was and went to see me. so when he arrived waited for me to start eating and then confessed, obviously from the confusion i choked, so i got mad and slapped him and said "couldn't you wait until i finish eating" and then i left (good tactic taking advantage of the situation).

Posted at

What started as a drunkin one night stand, turned into hanging out, wich led to a love confession. I did not feel the same, I was confused and had too many things going on (boys), but I continued to hang out with him, and now we're engaged… getting married this October :) I love his pretty pale blue eyes, and deep gravely voice. *sigh*

Posted at

I had a friend who confessed to having a crush on me, but I believe I just laughed it off and told him he didn't. We never spoke of it again…

If someone I barely knew confessed that he liked/loved me, I'd be a bit creeped out…and might very well run in the opposite direction.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

I would say, "Fuck you, I won't fall for this bullshit" and go find a hooker. Such a happy life I lead…

Posted at

Well I'm good at telling when someone has feelings for another. I've been able to divert people who liked me who I didn't like away from asking. Though my powers don't seem to work on people I like. Low confidence does that.

Well If they don't fall into the first category of someone I don't want to be in a relationsip with I'd probably would say "sure". I mean I've never had a GF and Its not like I'm going to get confidence enough to ask someone. So with someone asking me I'd be like "JACK POT!"

I've done this by the way. Never had it happen to me. A little tip if someone does confess to you, don't ignore them ;D

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

I've been on both sides of this. I gave one, and I got two. One worked out (for a while). The others… We stopped talking and hanging out.

It all boils down to a choice you have to personally make. Best case scenario, you both feel the same. Worst case - you may lose this person forever. Afraid of that second choice? Well, are you content to safely pine them from afar, then?

I say you never know unless you try. If it isn't reciprocated, you can move on and use your new found courage to pursue someone else, whether you stay friends or not.

However, be prepared. If you find someone else, that friend of yours may realize what they had a chance to have. And then things can really get sticky.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I love your motorbike. It will be happier with me… I'm sure it returns my feelings.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Nah. She says you're too short for her. :P

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

However, be prepared. If you find someone else, that friend of yours may realize what they had a chance to have. And then things can really get sticky.

Like a Love Decahedron? (or that shape that has more sides than a fast food restaurant?)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I've seen or expereinced all the reactions here, and eventually the lived happily ever after one (16 years of marriage so far)

But the "I don't think I ever really loved you" confession ending a long relationship? (The so-called "tannahill flip" named for the two sisters who did it to my best friend and I) That's the real killer. That's the WTF!

How about the one where you meet the girl you had the huge crush on and she admits that she felt the same way, but was convinced by your mutual friends not to date you. Now here is the second chance and everything about it now is wrong. c'est la vie

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I bet she's a lesbian anyway >:[

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

I bet she's a lesbian anyway >:[

Ha! Funny enough, "Virago" is supposed to mean a strong, brave, or warlike woman. ;)

Posted at

When I was in high school, my neighbor asked me out on a Valentines Date, and I was not attracted to him whatsoever. But, out of pity I went with him. Terrible experience due to both our awkwardnesses, more on his part and mine not appreciating a polite guy at the time.

Anyway! He walks me to my door and says something in a foreign language, I'm all "…okay…?"

Him "That means I really really really like you a lot, in japanese" (neither one of us are btw)

Me "Oh, wow. Thanks. I know some japanese too! but its awfully inappropriate and this is not the time for it."

He insists on knowing what it is but I don't tell him the phrase "F*** You" in the language since he just confessed to me.
After another awkward silence (since he's prolly waiting for me to reciprocate) I say I'm going to go inside. And he tries to lean in for a kiss and I give him "the awkward forced hug"

Poor boy, I never really talked to him again because he scared me a bit and he knew where I lived o.O

Posted at

It's happened to me a few times, one of which was while I was in high school, when I was even MORE dense about women than I am now (which is quite dense).

She was talking about having feelings for a close friend and even went so far as to ask, "well what if it was me, saying I had feelings for you," and in retrospect her body language reeked of "OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU"

My reply was something along the lines of "Eh, I don't think I'll ever have to worry about that sort of thing. Hey, have you seen American Beauty yet? It's awesome!"

If I ever confessed feelings for a friend, it'd be straight out of a Sunday comic strip.

"I… I think I'm falling for you.."

Then she'd slap me across the face.

"…thanks, I needed that."

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

And he tries to lean in for a kiss and I give him "the awkward forced hug"

Poor boy, I never really talked to him again because he scared me a bit and he knew where I lived o.O

I think I'd be scared too if a woman were that way to me. Especially around my age range. Then again I highly doubt women over 30 would go for a straight out love confession… IMO they'd probably sneak in their confession during normal conversation. Meeting at a quiet place with lots of great scenery while attempting to confess (stuttering and having other speech problems due to overwhelming emotion) seems too… classic. :)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

When I confessed my secret passion for Skool, she laughed in my face! T_T

I was heart broken and hated her! I vowed to crate an unstoppable army of killer mechs to destroy her empire!!! :gem:

…But then I got so carried away creating my cool mecha army I forgot about her…

Posted at

That's because when you said "skool" you actually said "Spang's motorbike" but were so caught up in your emotion you didn't notice. I thought correcting you would just embarass you more, besides you were having fun with that army.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You mean you're not a lesbian?
Spang Lied! >:{

Now, can we go for a ride? I've got all my leathers on ^___^

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.