Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

If you are to meet a celebrity or dead person who would it be?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

other than that, they were snazzy dressers.
Heh, even with that it's funny that people don't realise that their famous officer uniforms were just old fashioned styles that EVERYONE wore a few years before: French, Americans, British, Japanese, Australians, Italians, Belgians, Russians… Even during WW2 General Patton still wore his. The only big difference were the colours. -even enlisted men wore it…
————–
….What if they never show up? Wouldn't that prove it right there? Or what if they just had to pee? lol!
Considering their purported dress habits, I don't think that taking a pee would a be a reason not to show for them… They'd prolly do that right in front of you. :(

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

The Whermacht and Waffen SS were among the first to make widespread use of camouflage clothing, so that's cool. The SS "Dot" camo was so effective a modified version was adapted by the Bundeswehr recently and it presaged the current US digital.

But British Battledress uniforms IMHO areso much cooler even if you do look like a convict and they ride up in the back. The USA was the first to issue issue specific "combat" uniforms and set the standard for military uniform since WWII. US uniforms can also be extremely comfy especially BDUs. You feel like you're wearing an old pair of pajamas. Spend a few weeks in one and it can go answer roll call while you still sleep.

As for celebs or dead people; Louis XIV's mistresses were a very interesting bunch and I'd like to meet Madame Du Stael, Napoleon, U.S. Grant, von Moltke, any of the Founding Fathers (and slip some Prozac to John Marshall's wife) John Wayne, Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Peter Sellers, Jim Henson, and Joshua Ben Joseph.

As for people still living with the internet there are so many I can correspond with and my bro works in the TSA so he's met just about everybody as they come through. Olivia De Haviland and Maureen O'Hara would top the list and the surviving members of Monty Python. (met Graham Chapman before he died)

Posted at

I would be a celebrity, being a dead person wouldn't be cool at all.

>_<
(yes that was a lame joke, but I had too!)

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

I'd wanna meet a zombie soi can be a zombie and spread the zombie dieseae known as cannabalisim

Kuru

I don't really consider him dead or a celebrity, but if I could choose him, I would choose Jesus. I would have soooo many questions and just seeing him would be incredible (yes, I'm very Christian).

Posted at

John Lennon.

Scheiden
Scheiden
Posted at

I guess it would have to be… Natalie Barney or Jack London. They are two great people in their own way and I would love to read their manuscripts that had never been seen by other people before. O____O

Also… they need MOAR LOVE

Brogan
Brogan
Posted at

Nobody, really. Wow, that's a lame answer, isn't it? =P

Posted at

John Lennon….or C.S. Lewis, cause I love them both….
Living…I want to meet David Bowie.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Probably George Takei from the original Star Trek.
Oooh, definitely - he's hilarious and a great storyteller. I caught him on a radio show a few years back in Dallas and laughed so hard I cried.

Posted at

I really only joined up in the vain hope of meeting dueeast - sigh :(

I wouldn't want to meet any dead people.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.