Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

If your comic had its own game. What genre would it be.

Posted at

Super Temps would be something akin to an real professional wrestling simulator, or an inverted fighter game. You'd play Skull Girl, and your job would be to lose the fight, but make it look good.

The game would be played where you use specific taunts to communicate to your computer-controlled opponents your intentions, so you don't hurt them. Your opponents may communicate their intentions, depending on who they are at the time. Both characters have two stamina bars – one actual, and one for 'show'. The goal is to weaken the 'show' bar of your opponent as much as possible WITHOUT deleting it. Bonus points for how much actual stamina both you and they have left.

On the defence, you can either manually evade the (pulled) attacks, or you can pretend to get hit, which reduces your 'show' stamina. Blowing the evasion and not faking means you get hit for real (and lose actual stamina) while successfully faking the hit evades the attack, reduces your 'show' stamina (which you have to deplete to win by 'losing') and improves your performance rating.

Faking being hit with bad timing reduces your 'show' stamina but weakens your performance.

In short: Don't lose too early, don't 'win', don't actually damage or be damaged, and if possible lose to a finisher move.

Characters like High Voltage are super-easy because they always give you heads-up on their next action, can dodge any attack you throw at him, always cooperates when you want to fake-hit him, and attempt to help you out if you're performing poorly.

The boss characters would be Jenny the Kat and Psychadelchick; Jenny would be bad for giving you warning, hits hard, and can blow her dodges (even if you warn her via taunt) if she gets cocky. Psycha is even harder; she can get away with "hitting for real" because her psychic abilities don't "count" as causing damage even though they still drain stamina. Plus she purposely tries to screw your performance by trying to take down your show-stamina too early, so you're forced to do a lot of manual dodging. (In short: with Jenny you're trying to avoid being KO'd while not KOing her, and with Psycha you're trying to avoid losing too soon and looking like a chump instead of a boss)

I can see it being a casual game with various extra add-ons people could buy, such as different locations, different rules (including winning), extra costumes, different seasons, and additional "temp" opponents.

And if that were successful, then I'd like to create a story-mode style game were you make up your own rookie Super who gets employed at the temp agency (Super Temps) and as a temp, you play all sides (so you need villain, hero and wildcard costumes) and have to interact and work with the various personalities.

Zad
Zad
Posted at

The River to Aevin would be an adventure, sci-fi, apocalypse game that is impossible to win.

If I get around to it, ALUMINUM STARSPACE MIDNIGHT JUMP EXPRESS will give you seizures.

Posted at

Hmm, My Comic?

Hard for anyone else to tell since it hasn't really started yet, but I imagine Ax Crazy as a sorta bizarre, Bully/Silent Hill mashup from a 3rd person perspective. If that's even possible.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I'm totally stealing these covers that were made for eventual use in my comic.

Oh, and my comic would be third person action/adventure/shooting/RPG….. like Kingdom Hearts… with guns and mechs. Picture the high flying action of a Star Ocean engine RPG which would zoom to Uncharted style shooting.

Posted at

Point and Click adventure, or a 3rd person action-rpg.

DaggerHog
DaggerHog
Posted at

Since my comic doesn't follow a specific plot, it could be virtually any genre.

I'm in progress of making a platformer out of it.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

If Brick was made into a game, aside from the obvious Lucasarts Lego treatment, I'd theme it after "the Canadian", voiced by David Caruso (With a voice coach for the thick Ontario accent.). There would also be appearances from the shark.)

I'd want it to be a sandbox game. Sort of like a "Grand Theft Lego".

alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

If Brick was made into a game, aside from the obvious Lucasarts Lego treatment, I'd theme it after "the Canadian", voiced by David Caruso (With a voice coach for the thick Ontario accent.). There would also be appearances from the shark.)

I'd want it to be a sandbox game. Sort of like a "Grand Theft Lego".
Coming next fall!

Posted at

Well my comic is already based on a game sooo…. RPG. XD Of course it would be a standard RPG and not based on the MMO I took the setting from. It would be rather redundant to make an MMO of a comic based on an MMO.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Malefic, would have to be a survival horror.

Czar Squid
Czar Squid
Posted at

Why guess it when you can have it. I'm actually making a game based of my comic. It's going to be something close to a pokemon styled kind of game. However if I could get a game company to actually make a decent one. It would be either God Hand styled or a RPG with real time action events like in paper mario series.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.