Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

If your comic had its own game. What genre would it be.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

My life is already a rpg.

Hmm…

"Lonnehart Strikes Alwinbot with Glass Sword"
"Alwinbot takes 0 damage!"
"Lonnehart casts Kaiser Ultima Meteo 9000 on Alwinbot!"
Alwinbot takes 0 damage!"

O… kay…
"Lonnehart dives into the program code for Alwinbot and deletes invunlerability flag"
"Lonnehart hits Alwinbot with Rage of Skoolmunkee"
"Alwinbot takes 99999 damage!
"Lonnehart casts OzoneOcean on Alwinbot"
"Alwinbot takes 99999 damage!"
"Alwinbot strikes Lonnehart with InstantWin Blade!"
"Lonnehart takes 999999999 damage!"
"Lonnehart is defeated! Game Over!!!

x_x
Ah-hem, exsqueeze me?

Casting OzoneOcean IS instant win.

AshenSkye
AshenSkye
Posted at

Just Another Day would be a fantasy RPG.
Striped Hope would be one of those shoot-'em-up war games.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Ah-hem, exsqueeze me?

Casting OzoneOcean IS instant win.

That's the problem with RPGs… You may think you have the ULTIMATE WEAPON, but hit the BIG BAD ULTRAGODMODE BOSS with it and he just shrugs it off before flicking you for massive damage…

Now I'm thinking that Magiversity could be a Shoot 'em Up with RPG elements (get a high enough score and you could put points into your shooting abilities)…

Posted at

Random Violence would probably be a god game, where you tantralize the stickmen at will, let random objects fall on their heads, let them be chopped up by ninjas or let them die due to natural disasters.
Could be for WiiWare, would work greatly with the motion-controls.

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Definitely an RPG *^^*; Heh. Both my comics :p.

Posted at

I don't know if Air Raid Robertson would make a good videogame. A lot of time is spent on my characters standing around and yelling at each other.

But, what the hell. I'd make it a side-scrolling beat 'em up like Final Fight or Turtles in Time. Just about every goddamn thing in the history of creation was adapted into a side scrolling beat 'em up from 1987-1995. I'm sure Air Raid Robertson will fit right in between River City Ransom and Cadillacs & Dinosaurs.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's the problem with RPGs… You may think you have the ULTIMATE WEAPON, but hit the BIG BAD ULTRAGODMODE BOSS with it and he just shrugs it off before flicking you for massive damage…
That's why only the BIG BAD ULTRAGODMODE BOSS is allowed to cast OzoneOcean ;)

——————–

I'm thinking now that Pinky TA would be more like the Mass Effect games- Less like the RPG side and more like the RPG-interactive movie side of that series.
So you get to do fighting, mecha piloting, lots of talking to characters and getting more of the story etc.
I could really make that work ^___^

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

I'm in a media class and one of my courses is designing and creating a computer game together with a team of about 30 classmates. the chances that my comic gets picked to make the story is about 50% now. There is a big chance that No Heroes will be a game in two months!
Yay!

The other choice is about ninja monkeys though, so I bet that'll get picked…

DrLuck
DrLuck
Posted at

A Loonatic's Tale would be an action RPG most likely. Crossbones, though, would totally be like Dragon's Lair where you have to hit the right keys at the right time or die a horrible death.

meemjar
meemjar
Posted at

My comic, 'The Dragon Fists of Smorty Smythe' would be a platform humor/adventure in the vein of 'Jak & Daxter' or 'Ratchet & Clank' as that the character would go on adventures that fulfilled a story arc. He would be aided and advised by the supporting cast as to what to do. The major villains in my stories would be the bosses and the levels would alternate between mission solving search & find-and-battle-a few-minions-levels to scrolling 'beat'em ups' like the old TMNT games.

Mainly because my main character is a Martial Artist. And whats the point of having a Martial Artist as the main character without levels of full-out 'knock'em downs.'?

Posted at

I think Lavender Legend would be a dating sim that has a fighting game spin-off for no real reason. Emerald Winter is pretty obvious as an epic turn-based RPG with really long cut-scenes.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I'd probably go with a FPS or 3rd Person Shooter for Plastic Bullets, with relationship simulations between matches I suppose.

Everyone knows they want to piss off someone before they kick their ass in a fight.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

A game developed from my comic (Gene) would have to be like Duke Nukem Forever, as both are currently vaporware.

(I haven't updated Gene since 2006) >_>

Posted at

For 'Professor Procto' I'm probably gonna go with a side scrolling platformer but with strange mini games between 'levels'. Could lend itself to an old school point and click too though.

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

Hairballs might be some kind of assortment of mini-games… somewhat like the old-school Game & Watch games.

…at least knock-offs of 'em. Gotta be honest.

Dave Mire
Dave Mire
Posted at

It would be primarily a fighting game in the style of Dead Or Alive,but with a bunch of minigames like beach volleyball,cart racing,target shooting,mall running,battle tennis,guitar playing,club dancing,zombie killing…

Zad
Zad
Posted at

Once I get around to actually making the comic, I suppose METER would be an MMORPG. Magic, hunting monsters, wars between clans/cities, yadda yadda.
And the game would crash at climatic points.

Posted at

Well, I'll only say my two comics that I am/have been working on.

Ryu's Krew: I imagine it would be like, a darkly styled cel-shaded action adventure epic. Possibly spanning over two discs (or in a series of games). And like that game, XII, it would have sound effects for everything, and it would be heavily inspired by the comic itself. The gameplay would be somewhat linear, for the most part. Just because I don't want it to have a different ending (I imagine it would be made by the time it was done or something) or anything like that. However, you could make some choices, such as what weapon you use, attacks you use, the way you enter a certain place (some stealth elements you'll need to use) and you could probably change your character on the spot (or at certain places) between the main 3. I've given this some thought before ;P

Charles & Viktor: This one would be hard to turn into a game, mostly because it doesn't make sense, and there's no big plot. Only thing I could really see happening is either like, minigames (I'll explain what I mean), or episodic adventures. I'd probably end up doing the minigames thing, but I mean there'd be multiple adventures in each game, like the first 5 comics or so would be in the first game. Something like that. But it would be a lot like the Ryu's Krew game, just, in color. With lots of bright, pretty colors.

Posted at

Probably a really messed up dating sim.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Wintergreen would be a beat 'em up with rhythm games in between levels.

Posted at

Hmm. I suspect it would be a quirky sleeper. Maybe Earthworm Jimish? Nah, too much of a side scroller. Oh! I know! Monkey Island or Sam and Max!

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

I imagine Vampire Phantasm with Mass Effect 2/Vampire Masquerade type interactions…and maybe God of War/Devil May Cry style of battles? Except if you were to play Jack you'd have more stealth options. Haha, Orlock would be the final boss but you'd come across him from time to time, and you'd have to smash buttons to fight off his mental attacks. He'd be annoying like that. XD

Cwen's Quest could be a number of things I imagine. Maybe something similar to what I had in mind for a VP game above, or it could be an Evil Zone-ish fighting game with lots of interaction involved (Ooh, Riddly/Cwen tag team!) Though I think the best idea would be a sort of updated version of an old school adventure game mixed with battles, and being able to order other characters to use certain attacks would be nice too.

herio
herio
Posted at

Vitriolum Dynamite is going to be a game if i cant get around to making it side scholeing shooter fun

Posted at

Real-Super would have to be an old school side scroll beat-em-up. 16 bit of course, but I don't know if it would be Super Nintendo or Genesis.

–Stephen

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.