Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

re: the radioplaycast, anything Oz is working on is cool with me, I think he mentioned it before. :]
I'm not planning anything yet, just throwing out ideas…
Ayes idea is a good one, but it relies on A reaver/Same/Frankr to come up with a script!
That means I'll have to chase him up for it, see if the content is suitable and see about the length and whether we can fit that in a show. :)

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Having featured comic people on interviews is interesting, but they'd end up being delayed a number of weeks after their feature, unless we start planning farther in advance when features will happen (which… to be honest probably won't happen). I can't tell if you're suggesting this should be a regular thing or not. One-offs might work out but we wouldn't be able to manage it every week with every feature.

Actually I feel like that suggestion was made before… I'm sure I mentioned a mini-interview idea thing we had for the new site, for featured comics.

I hadn't considered the logistics of it, but doing it the week after or so would work, then they can discuss the effect of being featured.

Posted at

I listened to number 16 last night.

Harkovast for the win.

I'm going to send in a script soon for my Community project and I demand it be read in your best American accent unless I can get to a microphone.

To Genejoke: I skipped around so I didn't figure this out: You read out the Lite Bites one right? Well that was interesting. My voice guess was very off for you.

DarkGesen
DarkGesen
Posted at

Skool, your dog's name isn't "Dog", is it?
Why did Ozone laugh after saying the name of his own comic?
And I'm pretty sure I heard a cat towards the beginning…

Woah… time to turn the image quality down a notch.
Where can I buy a sword?!

Aw, I was looking forward to hearing a new Ozone Accent.
You disappoint me.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

LOL! I'm going to have to listen to that whole thing again so I can respond to this!

You disappoint me.
I had a massive headache and couldn't summon the the resources, It was all I could do to sustain the usual happy demeanour unfortunately.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Skool, your dog's name isn't "Dog", is it?
Why did Ozone laugh after saying the name of his own comic?
And I'm pretty sure I heard a cat towards the beginning…

Woah… time to turn the image quality down a notch.
Where can I buy a sword?!

You disappoint me.

Swords are easy, the internet is your friend.

I got mentioned, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Could be the JD though.

Yeah there was a cat and a dog, no cattle mind.

DarkGesen
DarkGesen
Posted at

Yes, the Pets of the Admins make their QuackCat Debut… or Cameo. I think they've appeared on earlier episodes.
(Why am I talking about animals…?)

I also liked Skoolmunkee's Acapella/Scat of the Main Theme.
In Future, Skool should do it over the actual intro, and Ozone can have the outro.
Aw yeah.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

OK, I listed to it all again:
-We don't mention enough DDers!
-My voice is mostly fricken annoying to me. I speak in strange fits and starts, like I'm slowly building a sentence out of word bricks, placing each without much care… Skool extrudes hers with far more style and grace. (may have been exacerbated by my extreme head-pain)
-You're right about the animals… I didn't realise puss was being so noisy! And Skool's big doggy tap dances like a real champ.
-I have many swords… I wanted a good sabre for my hussar uniform but couldn't find the perfect one so I just kept buying T_T

DarkGesen
DarkGesen
Posted at

Oh yeah… my gramps used to have a sword when he lived in England… XD
My cousin claimed he had it to chase away robbers.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I have a bunch of swords, some real some just decorative. All are in storage though, not letting my kids near them. Having a collection of swords is something that gets people thinking you're a nutcase. Which is weird as when I tell them I do fencing the seem to accept that as a perfectly local thing. What it really means is that I just know how to use them so if I'm a nutter they're screwed.

Well I used to fence, can't get into the gear anymore. What I would really like to do is some medieval sword fighting but there isn't any clubs within 150 miles of me.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I used to fence
That's pretty cool! I've never done that. I'd like to, but never made moves to try.
My swords:
- One longsword I got for my 14th birthday. Pretty ordinary but I love it. -decorative.
- One foil. This was found by my mum under a demolished house. Bent up like a rusty noodle. But I'm good with steel though and straightened it out. It's a real working sports sword of the older type of foil: not flexible. It's hard and stiff steel .-not decorative.
- Three sabres. All 1800's military, cavalry style weapons with flat, curved blades (none are antique, all are new). -all decorative, but only because none have a sharpened edge. Perfectly sound otherwise.

All are in storage though, not letting my kids near them
My dad was the same when I was little… he used to be a champion long-range competition target shooter. But because of us kids he got rid of his guns and so gave up the shooting. He never went back to it :(

Posted at

I would have recorded my community project I had sent to SM, but after re-listening to number 16, I've determined my accent is not quite outrageous enough and thus would be automatically censored or inaudible.

But I'm working on a Scottish accent, so maybe next time I can contribute my incredibly handsome voice.

Posted at

Doodstormer, you should!

I don't understand why Oz keeps complimenting me, girls like being mistreated, I thought everyone knew that.

We have an idea that hopefully more people will be able to send in little clips for us to play… we will post it when we have the details sorted out!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I don't understand why Oz keeps complimenting me, girls like being mistreated, I thought everyone knew that.
Oooh, sexy! :)

I have to let on to all our listeners and loyal DDers just how good you are you nong!
If I build up your public image enough, you'll be the perfect puppet ruler for me to take over the world with. ;)

Yes, I will read your script leet!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Just listened to 17 and again**, great info, both in critiquing the features and the "indepth look" at factors to consider when making/posting/maintaining your comics. (plus I love the pet cameos :) )

The cast definitely inspired me to try and find an html template to fancy things up a bit but I wasn't sure how to get that off the ground even though it probably was mentioned during the cast. (**Unfortunately, I tend to have to break every 10 or so minutes when I listen to a cast, and some detail gets lost.)

So, this is probably Very Obvious to 90% of you, but for any other uber-newbies in the area of html adaptation, here's what I found:

Go to the "Coding Help and Templates" Forum where several helpful DDers have offered some of their own html adaptations. When you've checked out the designs (most have provided links so you can see an example) use the steps that Aelwyn provided in her thread "Aelwyn's CSS Template"

Instructions
Step 1: Copy the code.

Step Two: Customize the code if you wish to change any colours or images.

Step Three: If you wish to change from the narrow format to the wide, simply remove the following code.

Step Four: Apply the code to your comic! To do this, follow these steps.
Click; My Controls/My Account.
Click; Comics You Own - Edit
Click; 4.Layout, then RAW HTML.
Paste; Your finished code. Once complete, hit ACCEPT DESIGN.

Note: I haven't yet done this myself, so I can't guarantee success, but it looks Very Promising.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Instructions
Step 1: Copy the code.

Step Two: Customize the code if you wish to change any colours or images.

Step Three: If you wish to change from the narrow format to the wide, simply remove the following code.

Step Four: Apply the code to your comic! To do this, follow these steps.
Click; My Controls/My Account.
Click; Comics You Own - Edit
Click; 4.Layout, then RAW HTML.
Paste; Your finished code. Once complete, hit ACCEPT DESIGN.

Note: I haven't yet done this myself, so I can't guarantee success, but it looks Very Promising.
Yeah, We have similar instructions around the place in other threads. It's just really tricky for us to remember all that each time.

Ultimately I'd love for a coding tutorial to be built into the actual editing section.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Is that Ozone swallowing a burp at the beginning?

DarkGesen
DarkGesen
Posted at

Seriously, one episode instead if the instrumental version of the them you should do an a capella version. You know you want to.

I can see where Ozone's coming from, not being too keen on people recommending their comics to him. If I did that and got featured because of that it wouldn't sit right with me. But that's just me.

But man… the whole "featuring" process is not something to shake a stick at.

And skoolmunkee's dog makes it's cameo tap dancing ^^

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, keep it up! ^^

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

skool: You're totally spoiling me - I had no idea Bombshell was potential feature material. It really motivates me to update regularly. Who knows, I might actually be able to do it… keep your eyes peeled ;-)
Also, very nice summary of what the comic's about!
(Also also, see this thread on how to pronounce my nick ^_^)

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Likewise I am tremendously flattered to be on Skool's wish list. :) This comes just one week after I decided to change the style of Emily England slightly and again, this may lead to more frequent updates. I just hope I don't lose the things you liked about it - should be up some time tomorrow.

Skool called me 'beloved' XD!

*blush*

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I could have sworn there was more to emily england than that.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.