Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

he darkness (or at least as dark as you can get and still have night vision worth anything) is the best time to do awesome things.
No it's not. I lived 24 hours for years until I got stuck in a day job (I still do on the weekends etc), and while it's easier to be creative at night because there are less distractions… you can't go out shopping, pay bills, post stuff, do banking, visit friends and all that sort of thing! :(

…unless you've got a good 24 hour shop near by (I used to, but it went back to normal hours and the 24 hour cafe van near the beach was closed down), friends who're also all hours people (not many are really and not for long if they try it), and internet banking, shopping etc is hardly the same thing.

The night sucks for engaging in all that life stuff that has to get done. Even the TV (once I got rid of cable) is utter shiz.

Posted at

In summation:

DAY MAN!
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN!
CHAMPION OF THE SUN!
MASTER OF KARATE AND FRIENDSHIP FOR EVERYONE!

DAY MAN!

LOL!!!! (and where does greenman come in?)

I think that questioning whether light or darkness is better is forcing symbolic thought. Light and dark are subjective abstracts that don't have innate goodness or evil.
But light as a symbol represents understanding, knowledge and advancement. Think of Plato's allegory of the cave.

So why does light triumph over darkness? Because as humans, we feel the need to inject meaning into everything, and to force order into our chaotic world. We can't just have light and dark; they have to have meaning.
So if light is good, then dark (its opposite) must be bad– or else there is no meaning to saying light itself is good.

Posted at

he darkness (or at least as dark as you can get and still have night vision worth anything) is the best time to do awesome things.
No it's not. I lived 24 hours for years until I got stuck in a day job (I still do on the weekends etc), and while it's easier to be creative at night because there are less distractions… you can't go out shopping, pay bills, post stuff, do banking, visit friends and all that sort of thing! :(

…unless you've got a good 24 hour shop near by (I used to, but it went back to normal hours and the 24 hour cafe van near the beach was closed down), friends who're also all hours people (not many are really and not for long if they try it), and internet banking, shopping etc is hardly the same thing.

The night sucks for engaging in all that life stuff that has to get done. Even the TV (once I got rid of cable) is utter shiz.

Every place I would want to go is open 24 hours, and my friends stay up really late anyways. TV is stupid, and I *do* bank online.

It sucks if you live in a silly town filled with silly people, maybe. Or in Arkham. Or Innsmouth. Or Derry. Or Salem's Lot. But besides those places, darkness = funtimes. always.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

I dunno why everybody likes the light so much when too much of it makes us only see darkness (Basically, we go blind). Light also sets things on fire and burns things in excess. As far as I know darkness only affects our sight and production of vitamin d. Blind people can get about okay-ish and there's other ways of getting vitamin d into our system. Light is VERY overrated as a good power.

And another thing…
Lucifer, you know that guy that lives in hell that God doesn't like? His name means "Light Bringer".

A lot of plants need light so survive, yet there's quite a lot that don't or rarely need it. As well as there being animals with no eyes at all or poor sight that survive perfectly in caves and at the bottom of the ocean.

There's also other ways of getting energy without light. But a lot of people won't consider those methods.

And you guys should try watching British TV. We have such bad shows that are popular with the dumbed-down masses that the only time they make room for the good gear is weeknights and after midnight at weekends. At least that's what it's like now. It never used to be that way.

tiffawolf
tiffawolf
Posted at

hey i have a few dark characters from some old stories that are using the element of dark as a good weapon, heh im nocternal so i really dont like brightness

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I like the peace of overnights. As far as TV (and radio), in Hawai'i the overnight stuff is what is on TV during prime time. The overnight radio shows I always missed in Eastern Standard Time were on in the early evening!

As far as Arkham and the rest, Go 'pods! Miskatonic U. alum. I did graduate work in "THINGS MAN WAS NOT MEANT TO KNOW"

Posted at

Good and bad are just a matter of perspective. Is it a good thing to kill one to save 1000 others the good thing to do? What if one of the 1000 people go on to kill even more people? Did you make the right choice then?

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

It's because if it weren't the case, you'd be asking why dark is triumphant over light.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.