Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
waff
waff
Posted at

I think it's giant pink walrus.
Taking into account that both things are quite vague and point to 2-3 other people, I believe its a faulty line of reasoning.
in my defense I did get atleast 2-3 clues pointing at him so that narrows it down somewhat.
-edit-
prank you need to pq your vote to hakoshen

So you are basing your accusation on a thumbnail Drasnus drew and on a comic Drasnus drew and on a comic that is mostly done by Drasnus?

Your reasoning is shaky at best. What are you going to do, kill off all possible suspects(by with your reasoning there are 1 or 2 including me). I think we should concentrate on concrete evidence rather than something like this.
pretty much.sorry.

Posted at

Things never go very well for the vigilante in this game… though that's maybe because they always try killing someone right away.

I've tried to catch up on today's discussion. I think the arguments for FlyingGreenMonkey were the strongest really, but none of them seemed very good. If FGM was mafia, then the godfather could pardon him- so he felt okay saying he'd be able to pardon himself, and have us think it was him doing it, and not the godfather? Maybe he knew all along he couldn't pardon himself.

Also, FGM is an animal, but he also has kitty cats in his signature and as the main characters of his comic. So there's more animals there to link with the 'animal' clue in Humorman's killer.

FGM is wearing a green army helmet, and Humorman was killed with a combat knife. Also, Humorman's killer 'lurked in the doorway' and in the only page of FGM's "The Rejects" there are TWO "shadowy figures lurking here" - they are labeled exactly as that in the page.

Maybe you could also argue that as Humorman's killer couldn't kill him right away and had to try a few different weapons, that's a reference to FGM's comic "No Talent" (maybe he has no talent at killing?) and in the comic's second page, he says he is going to switch techniques…. from a knife to a curling iron?

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Just to clear, based on past games… the first night's narrative has some real clues but a lot of red herrings. It's very difficult to come up with "concrete" proof until the second night's narrative as which point there are additional clues that make it clear which clues from day one are important in all the noise. For example, there is a knife and a gun on the first night… there is always a knife and a gun on the first night. Does it matter that it was a combat knife or a Tommy gun? Maybe. Kitty pointed out that the movie in one of the narratives sounded a lot like waff's monster… so true, but also probably a red herring. Anything toooo obvious after the first night is probably a red herring.

I personally believe the "silent" clue is important as mafia members will avoid posting until the first night is over. Not a strong clue but definitely one to consider.

So, at this point we will have to go on are iffy clues and conjucture in the hopes of lyncing an actual mafia member. The other option is to waste the lynch… that never works out well.

I think it's giant pink walrus.
Taking into account that both things are quite vague and point to 2-3 other people, I believe its a faulty line of reasoning.
in my defense I did get atleast 2-3 clues pointing at him so that narrows it down somewhat.
-edit-
prank you need to pq your vote to hakoshen

So you are basing your accusation on a thumbnail Drasnus drew and on a comic Drasnus drew and on a comic that is mostly done by Drasnus?

Your reasoning is shaky at best. What are you going to do, kill off all possible suspects(by with your reasoning there are 1 or 2 including me). I think we should concentrate on concrete evidence rather than something like this.
pretty much.sorry.

Posted at

Ok. I just took a jab at the clues now that my IQ level is up 10 points on the account of not being tired and this is what I got out of it.

He who killed Humorman is a lurker. His entrance and exit are described like this "he noticed the quiet figure lurking in the doorway" and "the killer stalked away into the night". I'm inclined to follow the theory that he who did it had either posted very little or not at all. Let us remember though that this only applies to the point up to the killings.

He who killed Ozon is probably the Godfather since he held that title during Hakoshens narration. Thus he should be the main focus of our attention. Interestingly enough the motive given is that Ozon owed him gambling money. This could be an indication that the killer likes gambling.

We also know that someone attempted to strike at Niccea. I'm confident that we're dealing with a rookie who thought he could go for the main target without realizing that the bodyguard has to be taken out first.

Now I haven't checked anyone's personal bio or comics yet so I'm a bit oblivious who could be the main suspects but I'm certain that these are the directions we should look at.

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

True, but in the games I've played they tend to help the mafia more than the townies. I haven't seen any indication that Nic is mafia, yet they tried to take her out? Not very well thought out. In fact, it seems to indicate that the vig is new to the game and might hold a grudge..over losing the mayor race? Not sure… anyway, I have no problem lynching the vigilante if they are going to do random hits like in mafia iv.

If the vigilante wants to PQ me and explain, I'd appreciate it. :)

Things never go very well for the vigilante in this game… though that's maybe because they always try killing someone right away.

FGM is wearing a green army helmet, and Humorman was killed with a combat knife.

Edit: FGM has indicated that this is a fuzzy green hat so I don't think it's a helmet… just a skullcap hat. That doesn't clear him… just to clarify.

Posted at

If the Vigilante was the one who tried to kill Niccea then he's wasted one of his hits and only has one left. That means that he's not much of a threat anymore. Sure he'll still be able to go after one more victim but after that he's powerless.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Killing the vigilante
I agree. The vigilante is basically mafia but with the same win conditions as the townies. Let's help him out and kill him, them win for him.

Or you could just state his name here and let the mafia do it. >_>

Is it too late to declare a double lynch actually?…

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

If the Vigilante was the one who tried to kill Niccea then he's wasted one of his hits and only has one left. That means that he's not much of a threat anymore. Sure he'll still be able to go after one more victim but after that he's powerless.
There is nothing that states the Vig gets only one hit.

I will state his name if that is the concensous. I just don't want to be accused as being a bad mayor. Ochi turned me into mafia bait in game II

Posted at

If the Vigilante was the one who tried to kill Niccea then he's wasted one of his hits and only has one left.
In this game the vig can kill once per night. There's no limit.

I just think it's funny that in the times I've played the game, the vigilante tries to kill someone right away and just ends up getting themselves in trouble instead. Either we've got a newbie vigilante, or one that just doesn't learn from others' mistakes.

Is it too late to declare a double lynch actually?…
Double lynches have to be decided during the night cycle, or first thing in the day, so voting can be arranged accordingly.

Edit: FGM has indicated that this is a fuzzy green hat so I don't think it's a helmet… just a skullcap hat. That doesn't clear him… just to clarify.
I think we just have to go on what it looks like. There's nothing really that says it isn't a helmet, and if Hakoshen was writing clues he's not going to PQ someone to ask whether their helmet-looking hat is really a helmet or not. So, it may be a fuzzy hat- but I don't think that matters.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

That seems like kind of a weird thing to do though, if Niccea knows who they are then they've told her themselves- if they trusted her enough to do that, why try to kill her? Unless they thought they could kill her afterwards. Or… unless Niccea figured them out by process of elimination.

Process of elimination. Brought my opinion the detective and they confirmed it for me. (This was early just after the narrative before the clues started being sorted)

Posted at

CatCat: Animal clue, and hair is curly might mean curlying iron.
TFGM: Animal clue, and is green((which according to prank is an evil color)) also a monkey((which according to prank is evil))
skool: Animal clue, I"m not looking at all those bloody comics today to see if there are anyother clues.
LoS: No clues
Drasnus: Hasn't post clue, In zombie comic 1st page character is in doorway((might be a clue?))
GPW:Hasn't post clue, Bloody knife for thumbnail of a comic, ((Still need to go though comics to see if any more clues.))

My avi is wearing a green fluffy hat. I opened a hatshop before the kills even went down cause someone commented on my awesome hat. HAT!! lol.

Posted at

God dam it. I know I remember reading that the Vig got only two hits during Harks original rule drafts. I also advocated that the Vig should get limited kills because it lowers the possibility of him using it unresponsively.

The vig should come clean to Niccea otherwise I say we should treat him just like we would treat the mafia or risk ending up with gullas jr.

list of clues related to animals…
I think we're going in the wrong directions with these animal clues. If you look at my previous post you'll see my interpretation of the narration.

Posted at

I didn't know I couldn't pardon myself until hak told me. The rules said has power to cancel two lynches it didn't say anything about not choicing myself and in the last game the pardoner didn't come up.

Also are we sure the whole pawn thing was an attack? I thought it was just a thing hak put in to spice up the story. You know the whole we killed two townies and pawned you. I mean whouldn't it have said someone attempted to kill her?

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

The vig should come clean to Niccea otherwise I say we should treat him just like we would treat the mafia or risk ending up with gullas jr.
I know who it is. I tried to reason with him…I know he won't be reasoned with.

Posted at

In that case tell us who he is. Let the mafia worry about him.

Also… why is he being unreasonable?

Also, also… do you think he was the one who attempted to kill you?

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I know who the vigilante is then, based on what Niccea just said.

He also PQed me, but I didn't believe him…

I'm also confused as to why noone killed him earlier anyway.

Posted at

Wait? He PQed you? Why?

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

In that case tell us who he is. Let the mafia worry about him.

Also… why is he being unreasonable?

Also, also… do you think he was the one who attempted to kill you?
Cause he constantly harasses me and called me a stupid bitch in the sign up thread…

and I quote when I asked for roles.

my reasons for not helping you
1. you let red take my game
2. i don't trust my enemies

Posted at

I posted that list cause I wanted to help out. I'm starting to think skool and prank are mafia but then again I havn't done anything to be a threat enough to be framed.

My characters are cat humaniods things((theres more than one comic with animal people in it)), my hat is a fluffy green hat so this one is rediculas, This is what PP most of felt like last game :(

Posted at

I know who it is now.

Posted at

Cause he constantly harasses me and called me a stupid bitch in the sign up thread…

and I quote when I asked for roles.

Oh.

Oooohh!

Yeah I have to admit out of the two times I've played the game I've always felt like he was a bit immature.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Yeah I knew it'd be LoS.

-,- He needs to stop playing these games.

Posted at

Prank
Gullas
Aghammer

Catcatdragoo

The2ndRedBaron

GiantPinkWalrus
Waff

TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Skoolmunkee

Since there is five people voting I say they are all mafia trying to divide us and confuse us XD

Posted at

So what exactly did he tell you Crocty?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.