Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
therealtj
therealtj
Posted at

I've just been recruited.

What does that mean?

Did you even read the rules for this game?
Don't worry. Humorman is just being humorman.

In some ancient language, I'm sure humorman means arse.
Well actually, if someone were to have bad grammar, they would pluralise Humorman to Humormans.
If that same bad grammared person were to be British, and a rather posh one at that, he would call him HumorGentlemans. If you anagram this, is says Arse Tongue Hmlmn
I would say that this means humurmun licks arse! (Hmlmn being the sound of someone talking, while licking arse.)

There we have it, undeniable proof!

It… it all makes sense now!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

The important thing is, as I see it, is that the angels used their freeze power and only broke even. Now the demons can now use their own freeze power against the angels in order to pull ahead.
Also, though the sides are equal in number, one of the demons is now armed meaning they can start murdering people they suspect of being angels.
The demons definitely seem to have the advantage now.

Unless I haven't read the rules properly again…

Posted at

Ugh.. Just finished the narration for tonight. Tomorrow, I have to get up one hour earlier then usual. That means I'll be up around 4'o'clock GMT. >:P

Thank god, tomorrow will be the last day of work for a week. Now I can really start working on these babies.

P.S. Get ready for some clue solving.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Sounds like my kind of night if that tiny text is anything to go by!

Posted at

Narration

"I remember my mother.

Her smile.

The way she laughed.

The day she died of cancer.

It was the day I learned that there could be no god.

I remember… blue sky."

The Atheist looks up and sees how the mist above clears away, forming a blue hue over the town. Townston was almost ready. It was starting to remind him more and more of home. It was still missing something but he would figure it out in the end. Soon this nightmare would be over. His memories would all return.

To imagine such denial, one would need to appreciate irony. Here we have an individual who refuses to believe that's he's dead and is in some sort of afterlife, so much, that he ends up creating his own afterlife. One that resembles his past life.

Just as it affected him, more and more spirits became influenced by his presence. As expected, another soul decides to stand beside him in his quest to bring back life to a dead world.

The Angels walked amongst the spirits, curious of the things that had formed around them. The souls that had taken refuge here have rapidly adapted and most have taken form of human shaped villagers. As they observed the town market, they noticed someone who would be of great potential.

"This spirit! It's pure. I know it." Remarked one of the Angels. "we must take it into protective wing."
The Archangel agreed but felt a disturbing feeling. He couldn't quite understand what it was that he felt but it followed a telepathic message that he received from fellow Archangels in regular intervals:
"The Gates have been closed. We will no longer accept any new souls. Return home and prepare for further orders."
What travesty is this? The gates of Heaven are shut? Is Celestia finally marching to war?

The Angels prepared themselves to follow the deserving soul but were stopped by the Archangel. "Something's come up. We need to go." he said and transported them from purgatory.

For the newly recruited Angels, this was their first visit to heaven, since their ascension to divinity. As they observed their surroundings their first sense of feelings were… warmth… peace… serenity… beauty… They had a hard time containing these emotions of happiness and burst into tears. The Archangel ignored them and marched forward to an impressive looking gate situated in front of them. There was an old man sitting there.

"What was this I heard about the gates closing?" Asked the archangel. The old man looked up, looking past the face, straight into the soul of the one who spoke so abruptly. You would get the sense that he could tell everything about you, just by carelessly glancing towards your general direction. "Ah, it's you." answered the old man. Taking a moment to look behind himself at the wide open gates, he turned back and spoke with a cheerful tone. "It seems to me like the gates are still open. Same as it has been since the formation of the world. Same as it will be till the day it ends. Now tell me, whatever gave you the idea that we would close them? You think we need to loosen the hinges, perhaps?"
Disturbed the Archangel replied, "but the message-"
"Ah the message." Interrupted the old man. "You received a message from your peers. And I suppose that it was accompanied by a sickly feeling as well?"
"How did you know?" Asked the Archangel.
"Because it's the oldest trick in the book." he replied. "Demons have attempted to communicate with us, feeding us false information for as long as we've been around."

Ashamed. The Archangel dropped his head, turned so that his wing would hide his face and prepared to leave.
"Now don't feel bad." Said the gatekeeper with a comforting tone. "You're not the first to fall for it and you certainly wont be the last. You're still young among us and are allowed to make these kinds of mistakes."
"No." Replied the Archangel. "I can't make mistakes like this. The stakes are too high now. Purgatory has changed and we can't allow the Demons to take control of it."
"Are you referring to the fact that we're having increasing difficulties finding new souls?" Asks the old man.
"Whatever do you mean?" Asks the Archangel back, "There are plenty of souls around in the area that I'm patrolling."
The old man becomes obviously intrigued. "You mean to tell me that they're all moving towards your place? How come?"
The Archangel is taken back by that question. He had always expected that his superiors would be aware of the out of place town that was forming in the empty void. With a shocked look he looks in the eyes of the old man and starts. "St. Peter. There's something I need to tell you…"

In the meantime, the demons enjoy their free reign of the town, short lived as it may be.
Keeping in the dark, they lured in oblivious souls who shivered in fear for a moment as their very essence were twisted within themselves. Two more demons were created tonight.

Venturing deeper into the town an energetic imp observed his surroundings. With a deadly weapon in his hands he was eager to prove himself. The orders he received from his lord were simple. Find a source of purity and end it. He didn't like the "or else" part of the order. How was he supposed to know what purity looked like? He's only just started. He can't even desecrate yet.

But as all hopes of succeeding his mission were fading away, hopes formed within him. Over there! This one was different. He could tell. It was as if light emanated from the very center of this being. Certain to himself that an angel was gonna die tonight, the Demon struck forward and dove the sickening blade into the spirit, rending out her spark.

The spirit looks at his tormentor and he's greeted with forgiving eyes. Even though he had just doomed her to oblivion, she was willing to forgive. Such act would humble even a soulless monster and the demon bowed his head with respect as she faded into nothingness.

Niccea the good Samaritan has died.

Not far from the town, the mist swirled around as the Angels entered the plane. The Archangel was troubled. He had now learned that spirits from all over purgatory were now heading to this place. This could become a wellspring of recruits. One that could turn tides in battles. This has troubled the higher ups and caused things many to debate if war could be prevented. Never the less, now is not a good time to worry about such details. They were on a mission. Whatever is to come of this place, the last thing that should happen is to allow the demons to gain more foothold. To do so, he has received extra provisions from Heaven.

The Archangel calls forth one of his Angels. This one has been by his side since the beginning. He was certain that this one could be trusted with the weighted responsibility. Holding up a majestic sword of flames of purity, the Archangel signals his underling to kneel. "These are the weapons that guard the passage to Eden. They were used to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. The bringer of the 10 plagues was armed with one. In times of great need, we seek out those who can use them. It is entrusted only to the most noblest of spirits. Today, you shall receive the honor of wielding a sword of fire and brimstone. Armed with this, one becomes a force of nature. You kneel before me as an Angel. Now, rise as a Heavenly agent of destruction."

Turn 5 has begun.

Insider info:
Actions:
Angels:
Kitty17 makes Crocty a Heavenly Agent of Destruction. Success
Crocty recruit Aghammer. Day off
Ochitsukanai recruits gullas. Day off
therealtj recruits Sea_Cow. Day off

Demons:
Harkovast uses Saint Peter's Day Off. Success
Hakoshen recruits Blergess. Success
Anthony Mercer recruits Aghammer. Success
ParkerFarker kills Niccea. Success

Rebellious Spirits:
herio becomes a Rebellious Spirit. Success

Current members list:
Angels
Kitty17 - Archangel
crocty - A Heavenly Agent of Destruction
Ochitsukanai - Angel
therealtj - Angel

Demons
Harkovast - Pit Lord
ParkerFarker - Doomguard
Hakoshen - Demon
Anthony Mercer - Demon
Aghammer - Demon
Blergess - Demon

Rebellious Spirits
Waff - Atheist.
Salsa - Rebellious Hitler
Rokulily - Rebellious Hitler
Aevalor - Rebellious Spirit
herio - Rebellious Spirit

Posted at

the energetic clue stood out to me the most so here you go..
Kitty17- said she wanted to stop being lazy (but then said she was lazy anyway ao I don't know about that)
Sea Cow- Read his profile (It screams energetic)
Exachly- His profile (EXTREMEly entergetic)
martinlo- also said he needs to end his lazyness

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

too. tired. to. solve. clues. do. it. to. mor. row. zzzZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Posted at

oh, excitingness!

uhhh, Anthony Mercer has on his topics "Just Joined" and it said in the nar "
Just Started"

Posted at

Why do I always die quickly in games that involve turning?
Don't know. Looks like you managed to pull a Crocty (being a person that nobody wants to recruit, out of fear that s/he's already been recruited and ends up being killed for it).

Posted at

oh, excitingness!

Just Started"

That might have been appropriate if the post wasn't from months ago… also, I'd guess a lot of people started topics like that when they first joined.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Looks like you managed to pull a Crocty (being a person that nobody wants to recruit, out of fear that s/he's already been recruited and ends up being killed for it).
:( My awesomeness is what killed me in the end…

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Venturing deeper into the town an energetic imp observed his surroundings. With a deadly weapon in his hands he was eager to prove himself. The orders he received from his lord were simple. Find a source of purity and end it. He didn't like the "or else" part of the order. How was he supposed to know what purity looked like? He's only just started. He can't even desecrate yet.

But as all hopes of succeeding his mission were fading away, hopes formed within him. Over there! This one was different. He could tell. It was as if light emanated from the very center of this being. Certain to himself that an angel was gonna die tonight, the Demon struck forward and dove the sickening blade into the spirit, rending out her spark.

The spirit looks at his tormentor and he's greeted with forgiving eyes. Even though he had just doomed her to oblivion, she was willing to forgive. Such act would humble even a soulless monster and the demon bowed his head with respect as she faded into nothingness.

Niccea the good Samaritan has died.

I have taken the liberty and higlited some parts that I might find clue-ish.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

So is anyone drawing up a list of likely suspects yet?
The angels had better hurry up and get to work on it, because they are rapidly falling behind as far as I can tell.

Wait, if there are now 3 people on team atheist, about 4 on team good and 5 on team evil, how many people are left unconverted and how much longer will it be till all out war starts?

Posted at

oh, excitingness!

Just Started"

That might have been appropriate if the post wasn't from months ago… also, I'd guess a lot of people started topics like that when they first joined.

yeah but "Just Joined" is very similar to "Just started".

Posted at

My my. This will be one interesting night.

*Walks away, humming the tune to "I know something that you don't"*

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

When he is happy that is never a good sign.

In other news, I have mafia pages lined up until the 23rd so I get to take a break for a couple of days.

waff
waff
Posted at

I've just had a crazy idea. If a duel is declared everyone alive could have a mexican standoff and the winning faction leader being the last one standing.
-edit-
but write it so that if everyone is mentioned too mention the faction leaders twice (once by title, once by name).

Posted at

Narration

Townston was burning. A fearful Villager ran for his life, dodging the bodies that littered the streets while trying to ignore the screams around him. He had seen much death tonight and he knew it was not over. A dinosaur riding mafia member rampaged across the street spraying his Tommy gun at nearby pedestrians while shouting "you're all going to die, see?". Many gasped with amazement as the bullets flew through their bodies. After all, this was a drive by worth paying attention to, even if it might cost you your life.

The panicking Villager jumped into a side street where the trash talking dino rider failed to spot him. Tonight he has seen rampaging fembots, cyberninjas, flying piranhas and now, this. When was this madness gonna end. He had no place to go and hide, hoping it would all blow over. after all, the US army just bombarded his house, few minutes ago. Suddenly, a bright light overwhelms his senses. The Villager screams in pain as his retinas burn to crisp and his skin peels off in the scorching heat. The incoming shock wave picks him up…

The Villager woke up in his bed. Everything was arrange the way he remember it to be. Even the socks from last night were still lying in the corner of the room where he had flung them the night before. Startled, he raises himself up and walks to the window. Townston looked pristine. Like nothing had happened at all. Was it all just a dream? He remembered how it was to die so vividly. Like he had actually experienced it. None the less, here he is and everything seems to be normal. Or was it?

Still troubled by his dream the Villager walks down to the ground floor and opens up the trap door in the pantry. While walking down the stairs, his hand reaches out into the dark to pull the cord that activates the light switch. The blood stained light bulb flairs up, illuminating his torture chamber with a crimson hue.

Everything seems to be the way he left it.

Satisfied the Villager turns of the lights and climbs up the stairs only to be greeted with a kick in the face as his head pops up from the floor. He rolls down the floor and cracks his neck, dislocating his head in the progress. As the Villager opens his eyes in shock, he came to realize that he was still alive. His neck wasn't even sore. Raising himself up he looks at the Angelic being that walks down the steps. He became truly shocked as he witnessed the torture tools inside the soundproof room.

"So this is what you did during your weekends off? I was right about you after all. The dark aura surrounding you gave you away as the monster that you truly are."
"Are you here to kill me?" Asks the Villager, with a hint of shock, still trying to understand what was going on.
"Kill you? You're already dead! I'm here to end you." Replied the Angel and revealed his flaming sword.

Not giving his target a chance to respond the Angel swung his sword and chopped the head of the soul which quickly dissipated in the air. The torso ignited in flames as it burned of into nothingness.

Salsa the rebellious Hitler is Dead.

"You killed someone who could have been a valuable asset to our cause" hissed a creature behind the Angel. Turning around to investigate, his stomach gets penetrated by a blackened blade that curves itself upwards into his chest cavity. The Demon sneers into his face as he pulls out the scythe.

The Angel collapses to the ground, twisting in pain. Pleased with his progress, the Demon puts a cigarette in his mouth. "Two good souls in a row. Heh. My master will be most pleased with me. I don't suppose you can give me a light with that sword of yours? It would make my victory that much more sweeter."

"Allow me!" Yelled the Archangel as he plowed through the flooring above him. The demon, caught completely by surprise, fails to react in time and is tackled by the Archangel. The angel thrusts the sword, through him, with such might that he ends up pinned to a nearby wall.

ParkerFarker the Doomguard is Dead.

Spending a second to calm down, the Archangel comforts his follower. He had never heard of anyone surviving a wound from hell forged weaponry and mourned his loss. As his spark faded ever more, he spoke to his lord his farewell words "Please do not feel sorry for me. These past few days I've experienced true happiness. Thanks to you I saw the gates of heaven, felt the purity of Celestia and was entrusted with a weapon few get to yield. I ow it all to you and thus am proud to have served you." As he fades in the Archangels arms, his leader wowed to see to it that the Demons shall never be allowed to take this town.

crocty the Heavenly agent of destruction is Dead.

Tonight, another rebellious spirit came to be. The angels recruited another follower and the Demons submitted another soul. Sensing the loss of his Doomguard, the Pit Lord entrusted his second scythe to one of his remaining minions.

Turn 6 has begun.

Insider info:
Actions:
Angels:
Kitty17 attacks ParkerFarker. Success
Crocty attacks Salsa. Success
Ochitsukanai recruits Aghammer. Failure
therealtj recruits gullas. Success

Demons:
Harkovast makes Aghammer a Doomguard. Success
Hakoshen recruits Aevalor. Failure
Anthony Mercer recruits Martinlo_23. Success
ParkerFarker kills Crocty. Success
blergness recruits Herio. Failure

Rebellious Spirits:
GarBonzo Bean becomes a Rebellious Spirit. Success

Current members list:
Angels
Kitty17 - Archangel
crocty - A Heavenly Agent of Destruction - Dead
Ochitsukanai - Angel
therealtj - Angel
gullas - Angel

Demons
Harkovast - Pit Lord
ParkerFarker - Doomguard - Dead
Aghammer - Doomguard
Hakoshen - Demon
Anthony Mercer - Demon
Blergess - Demon
Martinlo_23 - Demon

Rebellious Spirits
Waff - Atheist.
Salsa - Rebellious Hitler - Dead
Rokulily - Rebellious Hitler
Aevalor - Rebellious Spirit
herio - Rebellious Spirit

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

Hmmm, looks like the demons are just killing all the regulars that aren't on their side, assuming that they've already been turned into angels. I'm pretty sure the angels are killing off the people that they failed to recruit. Only the guards can kill before the war is declared right? Pretty risky strategy to leave all those clues behind pointing to your bodyguards. All these clues about and no reason to solve them… when's this war gonna be declared?

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

What the…? ohh.. eehhh… blarg

EXZACHLY THE EPILEPTIC IS DEAD

Posted at

All these clues about and no reason to solve them… when's this war gonna be declared?
For the war to begin, I need either side to declare war, the Pit Lord or the Archangel to be attacked, or the total number of wandering souls/rebellious spirits to drop down to 5 (the last condition has almost been met).

And I wouldn't say that clue solving is utterly useless. Figuring out who the Doomguard was helped the angels to kill him off. Now the Demons can do the same.

Also the Atheist can look at the clues and ponder about them until his powers activate.

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

All these clues about and no reason to solve them… when's this war gonna be declared?
For the war to begin, I need either side to declare war, the Pit Lord or the Archangel to be attacked, or the total number of wandering souls/rebellious spirits to drop down to 5 (the last condition has almost been met).
Don't worry, I read the rules. I'm just waiting for it to happen. I guess there's really no reason for the angels and demons to NOT keep recruiting until there's only 5 left. If we do this game again, there should be some incentive for declaring war, like if you declare war you get 3 souls or something.
And I wouldn't say that clue solving is utterly useless.
Oh, its definitely not useless. I worded that badly, sorry. I meant, for me personally, the majority of clues are irrelevant.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.