Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Just abandon religion overall. It has too many hassles. Christianity forces you to go to mass every fucking sunday.

And, Mettaur. If you were trying to be brutal but honest, then at least be honest.
Uh, that would be Catholics. What most of the rest of us have isn't anything like that. As for forcing, it's more like highly recommended. The only requirements for being a Christian are:

*Admitting that you are a sinner. Hey I'm a Christian and I still need to admit to my transgressions.

*Believing that Jesus Christ died to cover our sins, and that he rose on the third day. This is the reason we don't sacrifice animals to atone for our sins.

*Committing your life to God. This could be as simple as providing a good example at work or for your kids/younger siblings, to actively telling people about the gospel, to being a missionary.

There are other things that are necessary to understanding what it is to be a Christian, but the above is the vital stuff needed to become a Christian. Most of the other stuff, like prayer and reading your bible, are meant to help you follow the path you've chosen. Going to church, our mass as you called it (though I think only the Catholics call it that), is recommended because it helps to have someone more spiritually mature to help you understand what you're reading and the vast majority of Pastors are more than willing to help you if you have a problem or a question about something.

As for me, personally, I have a hard time of it because I do screw up, a lot. I have done things and seen things and gone to sites that I wish I could scrub the memory away with acid, all just to forget my shame. I have fallen many, many times. I have definitely hurt my witness here and other places, both in person and through my online persona. I was and am still a sinner, but I still want to grow. I still want to show others the joy I find in Jesus. I still want to light a path so that others may follow.

Heh, kinda got off track there.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I now feel like ramming an icicle through my temple, and a big one. Like the tip out one end, and the base of it is sticking out the other.

Just had to listen to conversion shit for a solid week, I'm in a bad mood with religious speeches at teh moment. And if anyone plays "Message Pop", I think I will light the radio on fire.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I now feel like ramming an icicle through my temple, and a big one. Like the tip out one end, and the base of it is sticking out the other.

Just had to listen to conversion shit for a solid week, I'm in a bad mood with religious speeches at teh moment. And if anyone plays "Message Pop", I think I will light the radio on fire.

Dude chill. I'm not trying to force my views on anyone. I'm just presenting my views and what Christianity is. If you have a problem with that then I'm sorry. Further more, why would you go to an event like that if you're going to hate it?

Posted at

This aughta lighten your mood.

Cause in truth, I hate all dis serious shit.

Posted at

Wow! This has to be the most conveniently placed advertisement that I've ever seen!

Posted at

They say God works in subtle mysterious ways… you have just proven otherwise

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

There is a contest to see who has the most wacked up drunk story, write in and you might win! Then again, Ninja is also in that, so best bet would be to gun for 2nd place.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Alright, Updated teh map with the candle shop, and the remains of the once proud Strip club in a crator beneath it.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

If there is any space that needs to be filled, a penguin farm. Just cuz it's possible.

Posted at

In Townston? Yeah, actually with all the shit we've done… yeah. And Mett, stop suggesting things. You've done enough.

Also nice job on the ship crater. Lest we forget.

Posted at

Alright, Updated teh map with the candle shop, and the remains of the once proud Strip club in a crator beneath it.

Magic/book/candle shop. If anything should be the emphasis should go to the magic part.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Its floating on a cloud, I think thats magic enough.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

What about a statue for the almighty harkovast?
Or are you too chicken to make one?

Posted at

if it's not too late, can you whack me on the list? School holidays started, I might have some spare time. And also could maybe PF Tools be on the map? It's my hardware store.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

What about a statue for the almighty harkovast?
Or are you too chicken to make one?

Don't hold your breath! He hasn't even drawn my secret bunker (which you don't know about) after I asked!

Anyway, let me muscle in on all this talk about what is the one true religion.
The answer, as all Harkovast readers already know, is that the one god we shoudl all worship is -
THANE.
Reasons?
1- He is a talking humanoid cat, which is awesome (despite what Zeph might tell ya.)

2- He is a God of war, and war is awesome (hence this game.)

3- He caused HIMSELF to exist by sheer force of will.

4- He fights evil stuff ALL THE TIME!

5- His followers can make purple, firey energy swords.

TESTIFY!!!

(Oh and thanks to jninjashadow for my bad ass General Patton Avatar! You da man, J!)

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Same- Cthulhu fighting Thane, 12 rounds, mono-e-mono.

That's a fight I'd give my pointy cat ears to see!

Posted at

Ahem, gentlemen, ah Khorne?

Skulls for his Fucking Skull Throne! NOW THERE is a war God! Once got pissed at a whole planet, so he tore a hole in reality and drowned the populace in boiling blood. AFTER he hurled screaming, burning skulls at them which drove most mad!

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I don't care about any peace treaties made before, or anything, whenever I can, I will kill Kroatz. He's been a bit too rude this time. And I would love to destroy Kroatz's block. And I will.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Better hope he's not on your team then. And as for Hark's bunker. How the hell am I suppose to draw a underground bunker? O_o just pick a place Hark and say your bunkers under it.

Posted at

Let's not get carried away with the hostilities boys.

How the hell am I suppose to draw a underground bunker? O_o
You could always place a sign somewhere that says "Warning! Hark's super secret bunker. It's definitely not here!" :P

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I couldn't write "Candleshop" on a sign, how am I supposed to squeeze in that sentance?

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Just put a sign, and when a person patrols that area, they read it out. Good?

Posted at

I couldn't write "Candleshop" on a sign, how am I supposed to squeeze in that sentance?
Well… I never said it would be easy, did I? :P

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.