Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

I've just decided that I need to sort my shit out a bit, so I'm imposing a year of celibacy upon myself! Chicks are just a distraction

Posted at

Good Luck with that. no sex for one year. If you make it oh my- you're a god in your own right.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

I'm very stubborn when i want to be!

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I always think when people do this it's to excuse themselves from not being able to get laid in the first place, at least, that's my excuse.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

I had an easily tempted friend who tried this.
The fool didn't last more than a month or two, and probably less than that.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

I don't think i'm easily tempted… but it's a distraction which i just don't think I need at the moment.

Posted at

I always think when people do this it's to excuse themselves from not being able to get laid in the first place, at least, that's my excuse.
I won't lie, that's a part of it for sure. In my case anyway.

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

My best friend did this after a long-term relationship ended badly. Seemed to help her get a bit more control over her emotions and her sense of identity. I don't know- there is something very liberating about not worrying about that kinda crap.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

are we talking dating or celibacy?

cause you can have one without the other.

it took nearly a year to start doing it with my wife. and most other girls i dated. except for that one….

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Seventy2 makes a good point there - dating is a massive distraction; it can pretty much consume all your waking hours, even your sleeping ones.

Sex on the other hand, isn't distracting. When you've been married for a while, or even just in a long term stable relationship, you can have sex while you're filling in your tax returns.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Whatever you want. Honestly, I can't see any big deal to it. I'm 27 and have never dated, kissed, or whatever. (I didn't make any vow or deliberately avoid relationships – more like what Skullbie said. XD ) It isn't necessary to existence to "couple up." I'm a perfectly sane human being. I got through college on an academic scholarship, so maybe the lack of social distraction did help me.

I guess if it's a big part of your life you might miss something. It will still be distracting if you are thinking about it. But is is nice to feel accomplished at something. We are all seeking to control something, and if you can, then you'll be happier.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

True to an extent.

However……

I can get laid anytime I want. Even if I'm not looking for it, it so seems to come to me that I have to turn em down. And for crying out loud, I'm not rich, I'm not good looking… and all I can say is that I'm a tough guy in certain respects.

Just recently:
- my brother's gf is flirting with me whenever she gets the chance. I have respect for my brother so I don't touch her.
- one of the cleaning ladies in the office is flirting with me. Black girl with nice tits and ass and thighs.

Attempting celibacy and succeeding on it is something worthy of respect.

Good luck.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I can get laid anytime I want. Even if I'm not looking for it, it so seems to come to me that I have to turn em down.
Damn man, i had no idea the Philippines had so many prostitutes. I thought about going to vegas and getting one once, but then i realized how i am clearly above that *goes on craigslist*

lba
lba
Posted at

Good Luck with that. no sex for one year. If you make it oh my- you're a god in your own right.

So what does two years make you? Because the last time I got laid was shortly after starting my comic about two years ago.

It's really not too hard to forgo sex if you want to. I've had a couple opportunities and didn't take them. But I was looking to focus on other things than sex and relationships. It's just in the priorities.

Ironscarf also pretty much said it all, sex lasts for a couple hours, a relationship can get 24/7 pretty easily. Heck, most people masturbate when they're single anyway.

Posted at

People in general are a distraction. You should just become a hermit for a year. don't go out for any reason other then school or work, whatever it is you do.

Posted at

What would my 23– oh, nearly 24!– run of celibacy make me? I mean, I know why, and it's not from deliberately abstaining, but I've never understood why so many people seem to think that withholding from sex is a tremendous feat. (And before we get into it, I know that there's such a thing as horniness and the fact that bodies will often ramp up the urge FOR you, to frustrating limits).

Also, girls aren't a distraction. Your wanting to have sex with them is. Not having sex? Will probably distract you MORE. Just so ya know.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Also, girls aren't a distraction. Your wanting to have sex with them is. Not having sex? Will probably distract you MORE. Just so ya know.
Wise words.

brightga
brightga
Posted at

Yeah, sex itself isn't such a distraction. The whole lusty thought process is where the danger lies.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

would you believe it… I almost caved already last night. MOTHERFUCKERS!

Posted at

the last time I got laid was shortly after starting my comic about two years ago.

quickly stop making comics right now! ASAP

lba
lba
Posted at

the last time I got laid was shortly after starting my comic about two years ago.

quickly stop making comics right now! ASAP

Until you realize I've barely updated it since last August. lol!

Posted at

How is sex a distraction? It only takes like 5 minutes to have sex. I get more distracted by paint drying. Gotta go there is some drying now.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

Five minutes? What the hell kind of crazy world are you living… if you can't do it in the space of a commercial break forget about it

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.