Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

i bought all farscape episodes on dvd

My dad has every episode Buffy the Vampire Slayer and every episode of Firefly.

Posted at

I hope you guys aren't having an incredible hard time, 'cause I'm even being laughed at because of my Batman t-shirt |=(
Errrr, nerdiest things of me would be spending HOURS in a comic book shop just watching front covers and titels and having LOADS of fantasies about Wonderwoman.

Edit: Oh, and also quoting lines from the britisch claymation series 'Rex the Runt' a series that no one seems to know about…

Posted at

Recently? I don't go through a day without doing something nerdy. It's innate. Let me thing of a good one…
Okay. So the other day I was playing DDR on heavy mode. I kept playing this one song over and over again because, well, I kept losing, over and over again. So I was in the middle of it, my life bar almost depleted and I'm like "Okay, just focus in and do this" and I did and I started nailing all the steps. And then I was like "Holyshi. I think I just did the dancing equivalent of the Healing Touch in Trauma Center: Under the Knife…." And then, "Wow. That was a geeky analogy."

And then there was that one time in Anatomy and Physiology honors. The days topic was cerebrospinal fluid and my teacher was relating the experience of having a spinal tap. So I raised my hand and asked her something to the effect of "Did they have to turn anything up to eleven?" And she had no idea what the hell I was talking about. :(

I've pulled all-nighters doing nothing but reading fanfics/comics and watching anime. I regularly attend conventions. When I was really depressed over a icky relationship issues last year the thing that pulled me out of despondency was Batman. The list goes on but I think I'll stop here.

ETA: Also this.

Posted at

Oh lord, I think I am a nerd queen. It's not that I'm a NERD, I just happen to do a lot of tremendously nerdy things.

Costumes made and worn in 2006:
Red twi'lek sith
Slave Leia
Barriss Offee
Mara Jade
Catwoman
Chun Li
Ninja Boy
Aayla Secura
Padme Arena
Lychotia Grey
Mirelle Bouqet
Harley Quinn (Again)

I've actually been a GUEST at a convention, did a talk on making your own slave leia metal bikini.

Brought a towell to see Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy in the cinemas.

Felt up the main actor from 2001: A Space Odessy (at his request).

Talked about how down-right sexy kinky boots are with one of The Doctor's (Who?) assistents.

Bought a tee with the coding printed on it for how to duplicate Agent Smith in the Matrix (THIS IS THE BIGGEST NERD THING EVER).

I've done a charity walk with stormtroopers, drawn a jam raffle for old ladies as Catwoman, and to top it off… did a convention stage thing with Ray Park (ie Darth Maul)… of which I can offically say in all honestly, I've dueled Darth Maul while dressed as a Jawa.

Oh, and I cried when Aeris died too :(.

Posted at

to this day i'm still trying to find a code to save aeris

Posted at

There's this theory that if you're really mean to Tifa, she'll jump infront of Sephiroth.. but no, it's just a cruel myth. Same with if you dig around the excavation site long enough you can find the key to enter midgar again and go heal Zack in the tunnel, who'll join you to bring Aeris back. Another cruel hoax.

It's so unfair! She was so beeaaaaautiful *tears*.

Lord, I've even drawn a comic about her coming back. HEHEHE we should start an Aeris appreciation club.

Posted at

Brought a towell to see Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy in the cinemas.
Haha, sounds very formiliar ;) Whenever I carry a bag i ALWAYS bring a towel with me (yes, even to school)

btw: you met a lot of interesting people!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

What a coincidence… I just listened to the entire radio series on my computer the other day while I was drawing a page of Pinky TA, And I'm reading the books again now too, (not mostly harmless though, that sucked): that's both nerdly and surprising; surprisng because it took them several years to make and broadcast that whole series, but takes less time to listen to than create an entire page of Pinky TA.

Another nerdly thing I once did was I actually went to a scifi con! To enter some art pieces in a comp they were having… I won prizes… I didn't hang around there though, I just didn't feel comfortable for some reason.

Posted at

One more: This year I'm on my school's forensics team and for my piece I'm doing H2G2. So that's literally about eight minutes of dialog I can quote from the book. And while I don't bring a towel to competitions, I do brink a Cthulhu plushie.

Posted at

One more: This year I'm on my school's forensics team and for my piece I'm doing H2G2. So that's literally about eight minutes of dialog I can quote from the book. And while I don't bring a towel to competitions, I do brink a Cthulhu plushie.

i'm so nerdy I wanna join that forensic team

and weird al is my hero :)
[swf width=425 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/jCr1jVQfAH0[/swf]

Posted at

Aaaah. I've seen that video a too many times. But not too many times that I'd not watch it again. I want that hoodie. As it is I usually wear a band hoodie. (I don't mean a fashionable hot topic type band hoodie, I mean the hoodie that everyone in my school's marching band has. I'm not band.(But intend to rejoin next year.))

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

ugh! I hate those things… Back when I was in highchool hooded tops were a surfy thing. If you were cool you'd get one with "Quicksilver" on it… If you were a grommit it'd be "Billabong" or "Rip-curl".

That was a while ago now… But I do have one zip-up tracksuit type top with a hood. Still, I wouldn't wear it in public.

Wolfer
Wolfer
Posted at

There isn't any set fashion rule in my school, but I can tell you if there is some kind of social norm for clothing, I go against it. :P

Posted at

That's from Clerks 2 isn't it? Still have to see it. That clip's hilarious XD

Oh, and another nerdy habbit of mine is that when I can't go to sleep I take my discman and just listen to some episodes of 'The Mighty Boosh' in bed.

Posted at

Yes, clerks 2.

that scene sold me.

I still havn't seen it, to tell the truth.
just caught some scenes on youtube.

will buy it later this weekend.

Posted at

Clerks 2 was ridiciously funny. Jay's silence of the lambs thing…oh gawd.

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

Took a picture with George Takei from Star Trek. Also, I once tried to talk to Kevin Smith, but I couldn't think of anything to say, so I just stood there grinning at him for a couple minutes before he got awkward and left.

Posted at

I cried over Aeris mostly because I'd really liked her, and included her in the party a lot. I was also one of the Aeris/Cloud folks. Tifa and Cloud's relationship seemed a LOT more forced; "HERE'S HIS CHILDHOOD FRIEND THAT HE ALWAYS WANTED TO PROTECT AND IF THAT'S ENOUGH LOOK SHE HAS BIG BOOBS AND IS GOOD AT MARTIAL ARTS!!" ~.~; They're cute in some ways, though. Still, when I heard that Tifa was added in "last minute", I wasn't surprised.

That would be one more thing that could be included in my "nerdy" list, the "Fanalysis".

When I watch anime, I watch them in marathons. I went through all of Pretear in one day. I went through all of Magic Knight Rayearth in one night. I went through all of Kyo Kara Maoh in four days. (39 episodes. I was trying to space myself out xD).

When I first heard about the Dragonlance movie that's coming out, I did searches on all of the people cast in the voice roles for each of the characters just to see what others thought sounded accurate to how I pictured them. XD I then sat down and drew a picture of Raistlin. All because I heard there's a movie in production. ~.~;

I'm also an English nerd. Sometimes I'll make mistakes, oftentimes because I simply am not paying attention(like, say, for forum posts ;) ). When someone abuses my precious language, however, I will flinch, twitch, and correct them immediately. If a friend shows me an essay, I'll ask them if they want a general review or if they want corrections, and if they just want a review, I'll hide all of my pens. *snicker* I also make fun of people using words in the wrong context, but best yet was when my friend was trying to say how Final Fantasy 11 Diverged from the other Final Fantasies, but instead said, "Doraned". I couldn't figure out what he meant until he said, "Y'know, went away from, different direction?"

…<.< *cough*

Aeon
Aeon
Posted at

I feel less nerdy than I have ever felt before after reading all of your posts. Thank you.

I just have an incredible mind for trivia. The more useless, the better. Particularly marvel comics continuity from 1979 to 1990. I am convinced that holding all of this trivia in my brain has forced all knowledge of algebra and geometry straight out of my skull.

I actually tried to play a game of D&D with a boyfriend once. It took about half an hour before I was overwhelmed with the urge to punch myself in the face and/or hide in a closet somewhere. Then I had to stop. It's just the utter sincerity with which some people play… it gives me a wiggins.

Speaking of which, I am a lesser Buffy nerd, and a greater Terry Pratchett nerd, but I try not to talk about his books to much, because you get looks. But I do own nearly all of them, which is saying something.

I worked at a Game Stop for a few months, which is how I discovered that I can enjoy video games and still not be a video game nerd. I mean… I like to play them. Not live them. (Although for the Shadow Hearts series, perhaps I could make an exception.) It was funny when guys came into the store. They'd give me a double take, gawk briefly as though I had grown a second head, then immediately walk to a male employee to ask their question. It was amusing.

Dan
Dan
Posted at

I put 1 + 1 on a calculator and kept punching = sign until I reached 5,000.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I can trump a lot of the nerdy stuff here! I just remembered something…
Back in art school I got friendly with this guy who was really into tabletop gaming, he had all this cool looking warhammer 40k stuff. I just loved the looks of the figures and the artwork… Well anyway, I bought a few Eldar figures and played a bit here and there, but then I saw this huge Phantom titan in one of the game shops. It cost $450. And I actually bought it!
I just loved the look of te thing so much.

SO there you go, $450 on a totally useless big resin model that I can do nothing with… I still have thed damn thing too.

Posted at

I can trump a lot of the nerdy stuff here! I just remembered something…
Back in art school I got friendly with this guy who was really into tabletop gaming, he had all this cool looking warhammer 40k stuff. I just loved the looks of the figures and the artwork… Well anyway, I bought a few Eldar figures and played a bit here and there, but then I saw this huge Phantom titan in one of the game shops. It cost $450. And I actually bought it!
I just loved the look of te thing so much.

SO there you go, $450 on a totally useless big resin model that I can do nothing with… I still have thed damn thing too.

pshaaa you nerd you

Posted at

I had a free period and chose to spend it in the IT room…

The teacher started asking the girls what file names were. Like, what's a .jpg and can you describe it. I somehow found my hand in the air (despite me being in the 'Senior' year, and the class being about 3 years lower…) and becoming teacher for about 3 minutes. xD

'…so yeah, that's the difference between .jpg and and .png. COMPUTERS ARE FUN, KIDS!!'

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.