Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
marine
marine
Posted at

i use to qoute shaun of the dead a lot

American Pyscho. Pulp Fiction. and for the last year, there had to be something done about the motherfucking snakes, on the motherfucking plane!

Wolfer
Wolfer
Posted at

I remember lots and lots of quotes. Most of them from Oscar Wilde and Douglas Adams.(in the beginning the universe was created, this made a lot of people very angry and was widely considered to be a bad move.)

I can recite scenes from lots of movies by memory.

marine
marine
Posted at

from Oscar Wilde

It was either me or the curtains, one of us had to go.

Posted at

I've said lol before. Hmmm, another time we were forced to run in P.E. and I felt myself pressing spacebar (AO) to run. Then, only a few days ago, I felt like a sim all day and when I would try to goto sleep or eat, I could feel my bar going up. I've also cried of loss of games, characters (mine or NPCS), or serious threats of destroying my consoles. (or getting rid of) Then..I've developed a crush or two on certain characters. Oh yeah, and for my writing assignments for school, I always write a fanfic of a game. .-.

I hear ya on that. I have that happen whenever I'm asleep, and that's usually when I dream about being in some video game or something. I also had an huge crush on fro-lou from breath of fire VI (because I love how much of a pretty boy he is, and how kickass he is), one on Clavis from Angelique an japanese dating sim for young girls…mainly because he was the most dark, broody mysterious guy in the whole game. Also, it was really HARD to get an love ending with him… I wanted to get that one ending with him but kept on failing at it so I kinda became obbessed with him for a little bit. ^^;;

when I was in high school PE, I often wished that I could cheat at gym by casting an levitating/flying spell on myself and just kinda float like one inch off the feet and just will myself to move forward fast like I was running, so that I could rest my feet. lol

that, or have an teleportion scroll on hand so that I could be elsewhere instead. I could even visualize it in my head vividly like it could happen. man, I hated gym so much… my gym teacher was a real asshole.

Posted at

Ah yes, I've played video games long enough where I forget that I'm not actually in them. You know those red barrels in Resident Evil 4 you can shoot and they explode. I tried to shoot a red trash can in real life. I had my finger all ready and pointing at it. That was pretty embarrasing.

Wolfer
Wolfer
Posted at

from Oscar Wilde

It was either me or the curtains, one of us had to go.
Fashion is a form of such intolerable ugliness it has to be changed every six months.

Posted at

Hmmm… crying because a role play character died. That was something like 5 years ago, but since I needed to grieve for a fictional character, I guess that tops even my wearing the Indiana Jones hat. Hehe.

The Winner!

Heh. So wonderful to know I'm the queen of geekiness. must mean my fantasy trilogy really kicks ass. XD

MiniMyth
MiniMyth
Posted at

Participated in Dairyland Classic in undergrad.

What this is is a gaming competition. Different groups all roleplay at the same time for AS LONG AS THEY CAN. If a group has someone who falls asleep, they're out of the running. So yeah, I think we spent like 24 hours of gaming straight through before our last minute ad on decided he was too tired. *shakes fist* Now the real mistake was staying up after that to go see Monsters Inc. When I got up after the movie, I couldn't feel my legs. It felt like I was tottering around on stilts.

The whole thing was worth it, though, if only to see the gamemaster curled up in the fetal position after having poured grape pixi stix in his coffee. }:D

Posted at

Who hasn't done that?

Dan
Dan
Posted at

Who hasn't done that?
…………What's Shaun of the Dead…?

hat
hat
Posted at

I watched the Dragonball Z theme song on YouTube a few days ago.

NecroMouse
NecroMouse
Posted at

I watched the Dragonball Z theme song on YouTube a few days ago.

*pats* it's okay, I do that all the time for the English uncut theme, I love it so much >.>

Posted at

Let's see…I did an essay on DnD, on how it can be played by more than just nerds, and managed to convince about ten people from that class to start playing.

I cried when Aeris died; mostly because I'd spent most of the game building her up…but yeh.

Oh, and I had an intense fangirl crush on Sephiroth for a long time(I still have an affinity for him, but not nearly as bad nowadays). I even drew him into a comic where he became my boyfriend(And in a storyline where we went to the future, my husband XD) when I was 14. O_o;

I dyed my hair red, because I've loved the hair color red ever since I saw The Little Mermaid. I've since toned down the color to a nice auburn.^^

Wolfer
Wolfer
Posted at

Though there's one thing I don't get. Why cry over Aeris, when Tifa is there?

Oh and about Shaun of the Dead: I fucking love that movie.

Posted at

I went to the Art Institute in Chicago and wouldn't leave the room that Marcel DuChamp's Coat Rack was located. Which, for those of you who don't know, is exactly what it is: a coat rack hanging from the ceiling.

This probably is more eccentric then nerdy but whenever I travel, I like to send postcards to myself. I would pick out postcards I like, write about what I did that day, and then send the postcard to myself. The only time I didn't do that was when I was in Japan and I still kick myself for not having thought of doing that when I was there. :S

Wolfer
Wolfer
Posted at

Lots of people do that postcard thingie. I don't do it, but lots of other people.

Krensada
Krensada
Posted at

Having a level 9 Paladin in D&D.

Posted at

I'm not very nerdy, but my friends are so they usually drag me into nerd stuff.

My friend was looking for card sleeves, so on our way home from work we had to go to a dork-shop, and all the nerds were their doing their nerd things, I was like "Damn just walking into this place made my charisma drop 3 points."

The first time I went to a con to promote my comic I made it half a day before I had to leave and go watch a jackie chan movie, followed by a night of bars to get back to feeling normal.

MiniMyth
MiniMyth
Posted at

I went to the Art Institute in Chicago and wouldn't leave the room that Marcel DuChamp's Coat Rack was located. Which, for those of you who don't know, is exactly what it is: a coat rack hanging from the ceiling.

Oooooh DuChamp. If only people wouldn't KEEP trying to sell off readymades in the same manner. T_T Although I did spend some time by the "This is not a pipe" painting. But that's mostly because I had the right t shirt on. I didn't even know it was at the Art Institute!

Posted at

Lots of people do that postcard thingie. I don't do it, but lots of other people.

Oh really? Oh thank God. Because my friends thought that was the weirdest thing I do every time I go on a trip with them. They usually laugh…but then I laugh when I have a lot of money and suitcase room leftover because I didn't spend hundreds of dollars on souvenirs.

So I guess it evens out. :)

Oooooh DuChamp. If only people wouldn't KEEP trying to sell off readymades in the same manner. T_T Although I did spend some time by the "This is not a pipe" painting. But that's mostly because I had the right t shirt on. I didn't even know it was at the Art Institute!

I got excited by The Treachery of Images too. :D Oh God I had a blast at that museum. I got a little giddy at MOMA as well. I think it was just exciting for me because whenever I learn or hear about these artworks, it was from a book. So for the first time ever, I get to see them in real life.

Edit: Oh and Oldenburg! <3 <3 <3

Posted at

Though there's one thing I don't get. Why cry over Aeris, when Tifa is there?

Bah, there are only two times I've ever even felt sad when a game character died: DuGalle (or however you spell it) in StarCraft and the Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3.

Posted at

i bought all farscape episodes on dvd

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.