Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Today I made a program on my calculator that tests roots with synthetic division. I feel accomplished.

Lsnewton
Lsnewton
Posted at

While my year at college discussed end of year prank ideas, in between the usual stuff like flooding the quad, streaking etc., mine involved a virus I'd written in IT designed to take advantage of the flaws in the schools computer network's security setup…

Posted at

Usualkly im screaming my lungs out on xbox live! other than that, not much else. im celticcrox btw on live.

Posted at

I always feel like a nerd whenever my friend forcibly talks about video games to me at recess. I want to get it through his head that I have better things to do than just video games, but no…

What makes it worse is that it's usually a game I've never even tried out yet.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

I tried to do a hadouken in public while twirling around foam nunchucks and running up walls (literally I was doing steps off of them). I'm sure that's more ninja than nerd, though.

Hmmm, I once bragged I could make games with BASIC programming. Eh?

Adenn
Adenn
Posted at

Well this isnt very nerdy but it is stupid. I filled a balloon with salt and blew it up and it blew up in my face. That really hurt!

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

The nerdiest thing I've ever done. Hmm…

Started a webcomic.

Other than that, I modified the Super Game Boy SNES cartridge to incorporate a female link cable port. I also video taped the ending to a video game just so I could brag about it to my friends.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I also video taped the ending to a video game just so I could brag about it to my friends.
YAY! Neil's back! \^_^/

Actually I video taped an entire play through of the Ghost in the Shell game for the playstation… I didn't think of it as nerdy though, I thought it was sort of fun to watch, like a different version or one of the GITS movies of something, especially with those great animated cut scenes.

Posted at

i video taped the cut scenes of FF7
they used to be considered high class 3d animation

boobies123
boobies123
Posted at

The nerdiest thing I've ever done. Hmm…

Started a webcomic.

Other than that, I modified the Super Game Boy SNES cartridge to incorporate a female link cable port. I also video taped the ending to a video game just so I could brag about it to my friends.

LOL started a web comic…and taping the ending? nice…which game nielsama? and subcultered FF7 = my fav game ever.

Posted at

Tape the ending of a game? That's nothing! I used to tape games themselves all the time! But then, I found out about copyright infrigement…

Posted at

video game companies won't come to your house and have you arrested for taping their games

Posted at

I know. It's just that when I found out about it, I stopped doing it.

Posted at

I play a lot of FF (any number is good) and i also play WoW…but at the same time those seem way too mainstream to even be nerdy anymore. So other than that…i pretty much got nothin' >_<

Posted at

My dork isn't showing as much as it used to but I still have my moments.

Currently working on a book of house rules for Axis and Allies (up to page 25 as of this post)
During my radio show I read comics over the air, in character
I know all of the lines to Free Enterprise
GM for Star Wars roleplaying game
– related to above, my friends and I dressed up as our RPG characters two years ago for Halloween

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

YAY! Neil's back! \^_^/
I am?! HOLY SHIT! You're right! I'm back! Yayness!

LOL started a web comic…and taping the ending? nice…which game nielsama?
Chrono Trigger, of course! I had to prove that I had indeed gotten every ending. Of course, this was long before the PlayStation version.

I'll tell you though, if there's one game for which I should have had the VCR on record, it was Lunar 2. Zophar was really kicking my ass, and I really didn't think I was gonna make it. The only character still alive was Lemina, and she was down to about twenty hit points and no MP. I had a choice between attacking or reviving someone with an item. I attacked, and much to my surprise, her little attack was all I needed to win! I'm actually mad that I didn't get that on tape.

Posted at

i think the nerdiest thing i have ever done was ditch a band concert (as in high school band w/ trumpets +clarinets and stuff) to go see star wars ep: III @ the 12:10 showing. all the real geeks were on the other side all dressed up and there 2 days before…

Posted at

stay home and make my comic and watch samurai champloo in my dbz shirt.while my friends go out to the spurs game when i was supposed to go

Posted at

1. Make a webcomic :)
2. Wait 3 hours in the cold mornin' to pre-order the Wii
3. Became a huge Revan/Star Wars fan

Posted at

aside from the obvious nerdiness of making a webcomic…it'd probable be attending an anime convention. that was pretty nerdy. It's like nerds gone wild.

Posted at

Hmmm…probably when I was really young, like 3rd grade, I would act like I was a video game character. You'd see me running around the playground screaming "look at me! I'm donkey kong!". That, or playing magic the gathering.

In more recent times…even though I haven't lanned in over a year, staying up late lanning on RTS games like empire earth, stronghold, and age of empires. Good times, back when friends were actually around. Everyone is too fucking busy these days :\

Senretsu
Senretsu
Posted at

Oh man, A battle of who's nerdier? Well, I've done some pretty nerdy things in my life. I'd already watched Robot Carnival, Akira, Ninja Scroll and the first 8 or so episodes of Slayers by the time I was 9, I had a 80-megabyte folder of hoarded Dragonball Z pictures when I was like, 10 and hard drives were like, 2 gigabytes at a max. I LARP'd as Mewtwo in a pokemon LARP on the playground back when no-one knew which Pokemon mewtwo was. (I just knew it was "The Strongest") Most of my library came from old books about to be thrown away by my school, But at least they had Isaac Asimov and Jerry Pournelle. Once, When I saw some Cartoon series about a guy with a magic glove that gives him the ability to move things like telekinesis (can't remember the name) I walked around town wearing the closest glove I could find on one hand and trying to make things move without touching them. The glove was more like a brown oven mitt.

I used to be the third-best Yu-Gi-Oh player in a small backwater town far up north, (Seriously.. My card collection is still considered huge, And I haven't changed it since the magic ruler boosters.) I got my Tyrannid and Dark Eldar armies standing ontop of my computer desk, next to a big, custom-built Lego Starship. Standing to the right of my desk is a big-ass replica of the Jack Skellington model used in Nightmare Before Christmas. And I'm just getting started. x.x

But the NERDIEST thing I think I've ever done?
Getting brought to a Anime-Con in Calgary by my ex. @__@

I don't wanna make fun of any con-go'ers 'cause they're all usually pretty damn fun people, one even drew a profile of me back when I wore a Trenchcoat, but never before in my life had I felt the need for a chemical shower. I'll just leave it at that. ^^;

Personally… I try not to be nerdy, and when I'm not I'm pretty cool. But all this stuff just feels closest to my true nature to me. If they can find something that makes me feel as good as a new episode of Negima, I'll buy 500 of it. =O

Posted at

Tsk. Peeps talking about conventions like "this one time I went to an anime convention, only once. I swear. I needed to shower afterwards to wash the nerd off."
As if it's something to be ashamed of. I've attended an anime convention for the past three years and it's a blast. I'd go as far as to say it's the most anticipated annual event in my social calender.
If that makes me a nerd-loser then so be it. I will be an unabashed and happy nerd-loser.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.