Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Also, updates got posted with the correct live date but in the wrong order. I just corrected that manually though, so no point in going to my account to check.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Looks like the number of readers you have per day doesn't get recorded unless you just updated the comic on that day… in the stats page, anyway…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Reported as much as I can get my head around.

Posted at

Lonnehart, I'm getting readers recorded on comics that haven't updated in a long time. I don't think there's much of a problem there.

Posted at

OK, I stickied this thread. I'll make a newspost directing people here too, hopefully that will keep most things in the same place, rather than all over the forums and in PQs….

We're really sorry, guys. We didn't know they were going to do this, and I'm personally pretty annoyed they're just implementing it without testing it first. I would have thought it's bad practice not to test this stuff out on a development server, or to at least give people a heads-up, or give them the option to use the old system if the new wasn't working. Wowio does have a few changes/improvements they need to make (for one thing, to get a limit on the size of files being uploaded). It does signify that DD is being paid attention to again though, so I hope we can just consider this growing pains.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

(Yeah, this is a nuisance.)
Alright, using the up to date Firefox and Microsoft Security Essentials on two different computers. The second one has some education based censoring programs in effect, but they're not affecting DD whatsoever, so the end result is the same on both.

*Comics not appearing in 'This Just In' without delay. Sometimes they pop in and out, too.

*Some comics that I've read for the given day will just sit in the Just In category without ever leaving for the rest of the day. Seriously, the comic 'Pewfell' has been sitting in my Just In list for days now. However, I've noticed some I haven't looked at also tend to sit there, but that might be my imagination. Either way, the Just In section is pretty much destroyed right now.

*Not currently having any upload problems (yet) other than my comic not appearing correctly in the above category. I kind of rely on that category for new hits, lacking the ability to advertise.

Edit:

*Okay, looks the Just In stuff isn't simply things I've clicked on. There's some sort of clog there, period. I'm seeing other comics still there from way earlier, while a handful seem shuffled out.

*Getting logged out repeatedly now. Grrr…

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

Seriously, the comic 'Pewfell' has been sitting in my Just In list for days now. However,
Yeah i noticed that too. Mainly for that comic though.
Is that part of the update bug or some kind of exploit we have missed?

ZeroGee
ZeroGee
Posted at

I'm gonna wait a while before I deal with this site again. I doubt things are going to be straightend out in a short time. Besides it'll give whoever is messing with this site time to figure out what they need to do.

JohnMann
JohnMann
Posted at

Problems I have encountered while trying to upload

1. It logs me out

2. the live date field or option is completely missing

I use internet explorer 8 and Vista.

meemjar
meemjar
Posted at

Oceanozone, I've pestered you on your PQ but now I'll stick to this page you've provided.

OK here we go:

My OS is: Windows XP
My Browser: Internet Explorer 8
My Toolbar: Google
My pop-up Blocker is a system that comes with my phone company that hosts my internet service: Telus.net

The three problems I am having is this:

1) I upload a page and I'm subsequently logged off and have to log in again.
2) Once I'm logged back in I see that my page is up but my Comics avatar does not show up in the 'Just in' column.
3) Sometimes my comic will obtain a star in the 'favorites' column, sometimes not.

I don't know whether to be glad or not that I'm not alone with this problem.
I don't feel 'singled out' but I'm no less annoyed by it…as I'm certain the rest of you feel the same way.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Posted at

Well, I'm running on Windows XP and using IE 8 with no real add-on except the normal flash stuff and what not. The page loaded just fine, only that it signed me off after the loading was done XD

Luccia
Luccia
Posted at

Ok, the upload finally worked for me but the site refuses to admit that I just updated.

Hold on… It just did. Man this is odd.

Let me explain. Once I tried uploading the comic, the update date was still showing the date of my previous update and I wasn't popping up on main page in the "This just in" list. Now that I went here to report about it, the update date just changed to TODAY. I still haven't checked the front page, though…

I just checked and I still didn't pop up on the list. It's not that I waited too long and 10 other comics updated in the meantime, because the same comics that were there before I uploaded are up there. It's not something I'm going to lose sleep over but you guys should expect some complaints about that, from other comic creators.

That happens to me too! I wonder why.

Antikv
Antikv
Posted at

for some reason when i try to upload my comic page…i cant put up a comment…

Phillby
Phillby
Posted at

I'm just going to echo what the others have already said, but when I update it doesn't appear on the front page or alert anybody using the DDalerter.

meemjar
meemjar
Posted at

This has gone on for nearly a week now.
When can you tell us when it'll be fixed?

:mad: :sleepy:

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

This has gone on for nearly a week now.
When can you tell us when it'll be fixed?
What specifically?
The update notification issue? Or the problems uploading, like being logged out?

Please be specific.

As far as I'm aware, these things are being fixed up as we go. I haven't heard anything back from Wowio recently about what I've reported, but when I do send a report about something (like the ad issue, or the image bug), a fix has happened pretty soon afterwards.

If there's been no fix so far with some of those uploading problems, that probably means it's a pretty hard job.

Again: Can you please be s[ecific about what issues you're still having.

Posted at

the log out thing isn't nearly as annoying (even if I do have the longest password ever) as the keep on trying for a bunch of times and then see no x but my smiling mug thing.

It could be against jpg files. Those are the only ones I've put up (i think) and I've had problems every time.

And it happened with my avatar just a second ago.

meemjar
meemjar
Posted at

Oceanozone:

I mean the three problems I'm still having.

1) Getting logged out after uploading a page.
2) Not having my page listed in 'This just in'
3) Not having my comic alerted on the favorites bar with a star.

Those three things are still happening to me.

Koshou
Koshou
Posted at

My pages are uploading just fine, but like others it takes a while for the update status on the side to say "TODAY" and my comic doesn't appear in the Just In list.

Hope this can be fixed soon. Good luck, guys!

Posted at

and my comic doesn't appear in the Just In list.
I've noticed this too. It happens every time I update too.

Is it a possibility to go back to the old set up and then fix the new one as you said? Will they try that or not?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Oceanozone:

I mean the three problems I'm still having.

1) Getting logged out after uploading a page.
3) Not having my comic alerted on the favorites bar with a star.

Those three things are still happening to me.
Ok, thanks for that guys.

The image bug part of the issue is fixed at the moment.

Goofycabal
Goofycabal
Posted at

I simply can't add a comic page at all. All I get is a comment on file size, file type and a (non functional) button to "Add Page".

I've got a Farmville toolbar for Facebook, but the problem is this same error shows up for me when I try Internet Explorer too (which doesn't have any addons or toolbars at all).

Posted at

Goofycabal: You got a pretty old version of Firefox. Try updating it to the 3.6 version. Maybe that will help.

P.S. I decided to check out IE again and the upload button is now present for me over there.

P.P.S. Goofycabal sure is one lucky S.O.B. for having his comic Pewfell constantly stuck in the "This Just In:" list.

Trades
Trades
Posted at

I am unable to get the link to upload my comics…
I have the newest version of firefox, everything is updated…

what is going on?

meemjar
meemjar
Posted at

I've tried both Firefox and Seamonkey…niether works.

NIETHER will bring up the add page tile to click onto.

So I'm just going to have to wait until you guys fix it here!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.