Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Brad- most of that went waaaay over my head. :] But I can pass it on!

If it explains anything, DD was originally written by one guy in his spare time, trying to learn more php and java stuff. So I think that explains most of the nonstandard coding issues you brought up -in fact Plat and Wowio have both said that one of the problems with coding DD is having to make way through the code. It came out pretty good for a learning effort but as you said, it's not professional.

Salsa- we've mentioned this to them, we suspect it's loading the pages in the order their uploads have finished rather than their entered order. I think it just happens with the new uploader but I'm not sure.

We've not heard much from Wowio lately, I suspect they're quite busy with comic-con this week and we won't get much til next week. I'm planning on putting together an updated bug list and sending it, I'll see what they say. :]

miya_c
miya_c
Posted at

Sorry to bother you, I know this whole thing is probably very stressful but I just wanted to let you know that the "this just in" section inst working for me. But i see that it's working for alot of other comics.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Sorry to bother you, I know this whole thing is probably very stressful but I just wanted to let you know that the "this just in" section inst working for me. But i see that it's working for alot of other comics.
try the old updater, which is linked directly from the new update page :)

miya_c
miya_c
Posted at

try the old updater, which is linked directly from the new update page :)

Thank you so much. It works now :)

Posted at

Um,I can't find the old updater.How does it look like?
EDIT-Wait,is there a difference in uploading pages when you go to a)My Account or b)MyComics>"i">comic pages?

Cause yeah,I'm having a problem of my stuff not showing up in "Just in" section.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I don;t know if this has been mentioned yet. But it appears that when you upload multiple pages, they appear backwards. Seems like whoever coded this is using a stack instead of a queue sorted by live date. In other words. Your putting the last page to go live as the first page of that series of pages, despite the later upload date.

I have been finding this too.

Posted at

EDIT-Wait,is there a difference in uploading pages when you go to a)My Account or b)MyComics>"i">comic pages?

Cause yeah,I'm having a problem of my stuff not showing up in "Just in" section.

No, those go to the same place. On the top of the page where you'd normally upload your new pages, there's this: "If you're having problems with this new uploader, you can still use the old one: CLICK HERE." It's in the grey text area, just under the tabs.

I don;t know if this has been mentioned yet. But it appears that when you upload multiple pages, they appear backwards. Seems like whoever coded this is using a stack instead of a queue sorted by live date. In other words. Your putting the last page to go live as the first page of that series of pages, despite the later upload date.

I have been finding this too.

We've listed that to them as one of the things we'd like fixed/changed. I guess they aren't concerned because they haven't done it. :[ They put in this new uploader and then don't seem to care about working the bugs out of it. JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER NEW OWNERS

Posted at

No, those go to the same place. On the top of the page where you'd normally upload your new pages, there's this: "If you're having problems with this new uploader, you can still use the old one: CLICK HERE." It's in the grey text area, just under the tabs.
I see it,thank you =)

darth_paul
darth_paul
Posted at

Just uploaded a new page today. Says that it's there under "My Comics" on the right hand side, but won't show up in the "This Just In" section. Do I need to try the old updater as has been suggested to others? huh!?

Posted at

It affects everybody, so yeah, if it's suggested to others it's suggested to you. :]

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.