Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

SITE ISSUES UPDATE - Data retained and restored, but no images. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

Posted at

Tried to follow the blog and got the following return.

Page not found (404)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://techblog.drunkduck.com/blog/

Using the URLconf defined in urls, Django tried these URL patterns, in this order:

1. ^admin/
2. ^media/(?P.*)$
3. ^tagging_autocomplete/
4. ^$
5. ^blog/(?P[-\w]+)/$
6. ^tinymce/
7. ^threadedcomments/
8. ^signup_html/$
9. ^login_html/$
10. ^remote_signup/$
11. ^remote_login/$
12. ^remote_logout/$
13. ^comment_form/$

The current URL, blog/, didn't match any of these.

You're seeing this error because you have DEBUG = True in your Django settings file. Change that to False, and Django will display a standard 404 page.

Posted at

The original reason I was trying to follow the blog to the forum posts was because the MyFavorites tab won't open, of course from what I've seen probably no updates anyway.

Nicotine
Nicotine
Posted at

I can't access my comic stats, preferences, ect. through the right dropdown; it's not appearing when I try to drop it down at all. Also, when I click my avatar to get to my profile, it redirects to the main page; when I click on links for my comic "Ni shuo Zhongwen ma?" it does the same (but, the comic was created after January). Basically, I have no direct way of accessing my comics of favorites, I have to dig through my browser history to get the links to them.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

I think the user page problem has something to do with it searching for the comics instead of the user, I assume because the user sub-domain is broken. If you click mine you end up at my old comic, BffSatan, but the url still says I'm on the user sub-domain. I assume the same would happen for other members who share names with their (or someone elses) comic. E.g. Harkovast.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I've reported those issues. Hopefully they're already aware of them.
It probably has something to do with the changes in user permissions or services changed or tweekd to help speed up the site.
-I recall that user profiles and avatars would always link directly to your main comic in the old days… They must have removed some of Volte6's old workarounds and redirect code.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

I don't exist right now..?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Profile pages are inaccessible.

Posted at

I am working on the problems with browsing users and other errors now. ETA = 1.5 hours

Armagedon
Armagedon
Posted at

Luckily not too many pf my stuff has to be re-done… but there is one bug that keeps coming up that I am wondering about. However,this has been a recurring one for me (don't know if anyone else has it)

The tabs for Comics, News, favorites, won't load. Before the update, it wouldn't work on the main page, but if i moved to like my account, or the forums it would pop up fine.

However, im noticing right now, that since the move. it doesn't matter where I'm at, it is always trying to load the items in those areas and never finishing it.

I'm hoping this issue will be resolved with all the other stuff, as I had not being able to see my fav's and whatnot.

Posted at

Hi Armagedon, that's happening to everybody. Lawrence says he is on it.

Please keep reporting any problems you find, everybody. :]

Posted at

still unable to access teddy bear network. it was created after jan 13th. do i have to end up deleting and recreating or is there some kind of tech solution comming?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

still unable to access teddy bear network. it was created after jan 13th. do i have to end up deleting and recreating or is there some kind of tech solution comming?
There is a solution coming.- this is what Lawrence has told us. He's investigating whether it might be an issue with file permissions. But at the moment he's probably asleep in his bed.

zammap
zammap
Posted at

Le sigh

I made a comic after the date and it is totally broken. Considering everthing is erased I might as well delete the comic and start anew

zammap
zammap
Posted at

oh.. I can't delete it…. the page is totally frozen. Can't upload, can't view, can't edit, can't delete

D:

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I made a comic after the date and it is totally broken. Considering everthing is erased I might as well delete the comic and start anew
Nothing is erased apart from the images and any custom HTML.

At the moment comics made after the 13th are just inaccessible, not gone from the site.

zammap
zammap
Posted at

Nothing is erased apart from the images and any custom HTML.

At the moment comics made after the 13th are just inaccessible, not gone from the site.

buh the html was the hardest part

D:

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

buh the html was the hardest part
Damn! I'm very sorry about that man.
I know how annoying that can be. I save all my HTML templates locally just in case. I've screwed up bigtime before and accidentally deleted mine on DD, so it's necessity.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I have a few comics made after the 13th and only one I can't do stuff with.

Posted at

Suddenly I can't access Without Moonlight. I click on the link to it and I just get the main DD page.

It was working fine until a few minutes ago. Could you PLEASE fix it…?

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

My comic was made before January 13, and it's not accessible at all (though I can still upload to it). And like Tantz above, accessing it redirects me to the main DD page.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I seem to be having trouble uploading images now, yet I could earlier.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yep, No comics are viewable it seems.
Reporting now.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Lawrence is working on it right this minute, which is why we're getting these changes. He hopes to have it all fixed soon.

Posted at

I think the user page problem has something to do with it searching for the comics instead of the user, I assume because the user sub-domain is broken. If you click mine you end up at my old comic, BffSatan, but the url still says I'm on the user sub-domain. I assume the same would happen for other members who share names with their (or someone elses) comic. E.g. Harkovast.

BFF Satan is right.

I just made a comic called "I am the 1337 Master" and it sent me to the comic whence clicking on my avatar.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.