Moonlight meanderer
Zac
Zac
Posted at

Just died.

Anyone have any idea what happened?

Heath Ledger is Dead

Posted Jan 22nd 2008 4:40PM by TMZ Staff

Heath Ledger TMZ has learned that Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has died in NY.

He was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3:35 PM ET today. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime.

The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. He plays The Joker in the upcoming Batman film, "The Dark Knight."

Story developing…

Posted at

crazy, that was a few minutes ago
internet sure makes you feel connected

NEW YORK (AP) - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in a possible drug-related death, police said. He was 28. NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

polo
polo
Posted at

Damn just 28 too! Wish his family the best!

djcoffman
djcoffman
Posted at

News is saying he had pills near him. This is really sad.

Posted at

That's awful! It always hurts when a talented, rising young star dies long before their time.

And I hate it even more since the media and tabloid rags will eat this story up and exploit it for their own gain.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Oh my god. I didn't know until I read this.

….Watching The Dark Knight will feel…so weird.

And yet, I bet it will make so much more money, a la The Crow. Just watch.

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

Oh my god. I didn't know until I read this.

….Watching The Dark Knight will feel…so weird.

And yet, I bet it will make so much more money, a la The Crow. Just watch.

Oh my god, the Crow-like makeup! That's what jinxed him! AAGH.

Yeah, you know they're going to advertise the hell out of the Dark Knight now.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

This is definitely a weird turn of events.

Sarah's right.

"In loving memory… buy the BOXSET"

Posted at

Now, will this make The Dark Knight weirder, or cooler? Maybe both?

It's really sad though, he was very talented. And as far as I know he wasn't a dickhead.

Zac
Zac
Posted at

But seriously,
DEPRESSING STUFF

Posted at

First I was 'This has GOT to be a joke-like that guy named Michael Jackson who died and wasn't the crazy colour-changing weirdo we all know'

Um…I dunno what to say.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Sleeping pills… Sounds like a depressed young man. Or one under a lot of pressure.
Aw… Perth boy made good dies. :(

I still remember his worst line ever though, from the short lived TV series "Roar", or some such: "We'll singe their arses boys!"
…singe? Scary.

Shame though, would've been good to see how he developed as an actor, he was getting good, moving up the ranks pretty steadily.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

It's like Bruce Lee all over again…

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Aw man, and just when i was starting to like his performance as the Joker too. Now I feel bad for making all of those 'Brokeback Batman' Jokes.

Posted at

RIP: don't know what else to say except it's a sad loss :(

I enjoyed his performance in Brother's Grimm.

Edit: a friend of mine passed this on to me: Family statement

Make of it what you will.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Sometimes, I soooo wish there was an /ignore function in this place…..why can't everyone be happy, dammit? We need some Joker Juice in here, or Smile-X….

…Wait…aw, damn. :cry2:

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Fixed.

Please people, no more bad taste stuff or attacks on other users like that. No one should really be a default punching bag here, this isn't the Top Drawer. Mm'kay? :)

simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

It's a very sad incident.

He was such a young person for him to die. :( This is, truely, shocking news.

My condolensces goes to his family and friends. Yet, in honor, I'm surely gonna watch his last movie.

R.I.P Heath Ledger.

Posted at

Fixed.

For the record, I wasn't inciting an attack on lefarce. I just knew and mentioned that he in paticular would be upset by this news, based on previous discussions we had had on whether Mark Hamill or Heath Ledger would be a better Joker.

Why does it have to be actor's I like who die and the actors I want to bludgeon with the dull side of an axe live to a ripe old age and continue to make crappy movies well into their senility.

Health Ledger approached the Joker as a serious actor creating a character. No other actor has ever given that role that much respect before.

Posted at

Sleeping pills… Sounds like a depressed young man. Or one under a lot of pressure.
Aw… Perth boy made good dies. :(

I still remember his worst line ever though, from the short lived TV series "Roar", or some such: "We'll singe their arses boys!"
…singe? Scary.

Shame though, would've been good to see how he developed as an actor, he was getting good, moving up the ranks pretty steadily.

I remember seeing Roar and laughing at that line!

I also remember seeing the news that he was playing the Joker and thinking, could be interesting. Then I saw the new trailer for the movie and I was pretty impressed with his performance.

albone
albone
Posted at

RIP.

By the way its still under investigation whether this was an accident or not. Ambien is a very strong drug and any unadvised increase in medication can have dire consequences.

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

Pretty much going to be the subject of my next comic strip…

Like my friend said, yeah, he's dead. The guy was probably doing a line of cocaine off his boyfriend's junk. Why should I be sad? I don't even know the guy. He was the freaking Joker in the new Batman movie and had tons of money. Why was he depressed? You can get medication for medical depression. Fuck him. That's one down from Brokeback Mountain.

Posted at

actually

Ledger told The New York Times in a November interview that he "stressed out a little too much" during the Dylan film and had trouble sleeping while portraying the Joker, whom he called a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy."

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told the newspaper. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going." He said he took two Ambien pills, which worked for only an hour, the paper said.

NEW YORK – Heath Ledger, the talented 28-year-old actor who gravitated toward dark, brooding roles that defied his leading-man looks, was found dead Tuesday in a Manhattan apartment, facedown at the foot of his bed with prescription sleeping pills nearby, police said.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.