Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Phelps Sr. has characterized the AIDS Memorial Quilt as "100,000 living fags slobberin' around 45,000 dead fags" and declared Elizabeth Taylor, a fundraiser for AIDS research, to be a "world-famous filthy Jew whore." Other regular anti-homosexual slogans of Westboro include "Homosexuality = Death," "Fags Die, God Laughs," "Matthew Shepard Rots in Hell," "AIDS: Kills Fags Dead" and "Ellen DeGeneres is a Lesbian Slut." (The latter was carried at an "Equality Rocks" rock concert and fundraiser; at the event DeGeneres commented that she wasn't offended so much by the slogan as the fact that they had drawn pockmarks all over her face on the poster.)
Sounds to me like we might have a few WBC members in the Top Drawer… The comparison is scary…
No really, that behaviour sounds like exactly like a bunch of trash talking gamer trolls decided to start a movement.

Posted at

made this a while back
WBC is eeeeeevil

Posted at

You know what the sad part is? Whenever I told someone who didn't know yet, the only thing they had to say was, "Oh no! Did he finish Batman?" And of course upon hearing yes, they were instantly relieved.

Guess that's all that matters.

Posted at

The 2 hours sleep a night thing… Meh, I live like that for weeks at a time sometimes, and worse. I'm not dead from it. probably the pills had more effect than what they're saying. There are other simple things in ordinary pills that'll kill you; common paracetamol will kill you fast if there's too much of that in the pills you're taking.
These pills in particular have very nasty side effects… As do almost all pharmaceuticals, you usually just don't notice the damage at the time.

By The Way… Yes, Steve Irwin was a dag, but he was a passionate dag, and that's what made him great. This planet would be so much better off if there were more people like that.

And oh yeah, the Aussie media has been milking this tragedy as you would expect. They played Knight's Tale and the Patriot as a double billing, tribute special… complete with more air time devoted to ads than actual movie…

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

I'd say they 100% serious. Some people just live in a joke world. Their personal reality diverges from ours. I remember reading this book by an American religious fanatic and his campaign against rock music. He claimed ALL of it was satanic and had evil messages. He quoted song after song, reinterpreting the lyrics to suite his twisted and ugly view of the world. He organised mass burnings of tapes and records…

That right there scares me.

And as for rock music, the very same thing has been said about comic books too…hence the superhero, do-gooder genre. Let's face it when you're insane you can probably twist reality and convince people that just about anything is 'evil'.

On the thread topic…
I just can't believe that so many people are profiting from a tragedy, not to mention hard work that wasn't there's to begin with.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

In all honesty, I like Heath Ledger's body of work. (I had even just bought the Lords of Dogtown DVD the day before he died…) I also feel sad for his family, but the first thing I thought of when I heard how it happened was Terry Kath.

Terry Kath was also an artist who's work I love, he was the guitarist for the band Chicago and sang songs like 'Color My World' and my personal favorite, 'Make Me Smile'. Terry is no longer with us because, as the story goes, he was cleaning one of his many guns and jokingly pointing it at other band members. They were leary and asked him to stop. Ledgend has it that he put it to his temple, said "relax, it's not loaded, see?" then blew his brains out. (This earned him a 'Darwin'.)

I'm sorry, but there are other way to deal with insomnia. You just don't carelessly screw around with dangerous perscription drugs. Especially ones that slow down or speed up your body's functions. Frankly, what he did was really stupid. He didn't respect the gravity of it all and paid the ultimate price. ;_;

Posted at

You know what really annoys me…is that the best movie he was in almost no one has heard of despite the fact his was in it with Orlando Bloom. Every comments on Knights Tale, and Ten Things I Hate About You, and Broke Back. Has anyone beside me seen Ned Kelly? I loved it. He played the character so well. You felt for him. And he walked a very fine line between good and evil. People keep talking about the Joker have an effect on him, try the role of Ned Kelly. There's no way that didn't effect him. His performance in it was hands down his best in my opinion.

Posted at

I saw Ned Kelly. I thought it was good.

People just tend to talk about the last big thing an actor or someone equivalently famous did before they died and it doesn't help that he just, just finished batman.

Posted at

Ned Kelly, definitely one of his best… my favourite movie of his too.

Posted at

I saw Ned Kelly. I thought it was good.

People just tend to talk about the last big thing an actor or someone equivalently famous did before they died and it doesn't help that he just, just finished batman.

Oh don't get me wrong! I'm supremely happy with the way he played the Joker. He acctually made him feel full blown crazy. I really don't like the first Batman movies because it was painfully obvious Tim Burton hadn't taken his hand away from his face long enough to acctually study what he was directing. It didn't follow any story line ever written in the comics about any of the characters. Not even the originals done by Bob Kane. I'm a huge Batman fan, and as a fan those movies are an abomination.I was so happy with the new Batman movie, and then seeing the trailers to the second makes me happy once again.

He said publicly that he didn't want to be a teen movie actor. He wanted to be remembered for his other works. And so I really hope to see the Joker as something we can all remember him by.

Aside from that…whoever said he was gay or whatever was causing all the commotion, he has a two year old little girl. I'm kind of surprised no one's mentioned her thus far. Poor baby…I think the hardest thing for me is knowing she's going to grow up without her daddy. Any child that has to go threw that just breaks my heart. By all accounts he was a good father. So it's really sad to see.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.