Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
mlai
mlai
Posted at

The guy was probably doing a line of cocaine off his boyfriend's junk. Why should I be sad? I don't even know the guy. He was the freaking Joker in the new Batman movie and had tons of money. Why was he depressed? You can get medication for medical depression. Fuck him. That's one down from Brokeback Mountain.
So you're proud enough of your petty jealousy that you feel it's fit to grace this forum with it?

1. He's not gay. He had lots of girlfriends. Maybe taking a specific acting role constitutes as gay to you, but it could also mean artistic expression to a serious actor, as opposed to a mere 'celebrity'.

2. He didn't have as many tons of money as he could've had. He stayed away from easy offers and only took the offers he wanted. He also chose to live in Brooklyn and act as a normal person.

3. It seems this was an accidental OD.

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

Oh yes, I was so jealous. Yeah, I wanted to be him and not me…right…

1. I know that. I didn't say it, my friend did. I know fantasy from reality. Don't be a douche and read what I had actually said.

2. He had enough money to live a good life, which is good for him. If given a talent you should use it. If you make money along the way, great.

3. Ooooh, so it was an ACCIDENTAL OD, which means that we should feel sad that someone died doing illicit drugs. Um, no. Shit ass drug user died doing shit ass drugs.

Don't try to convince me to feel sorry or bad about this. That's like trying to convince me to be sorry for the Columbine murderers or Steve Irwin when he was killed by one of the animals he routinely pissed off. It's not going to happen.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

1. I know that. I didn't say it, my friend did. I know fantasy from reality. Don't be a douche and read what I had actually said.
Then why be a douche and repeat the ignorant words uttered by a douche?

2. He had enough money to live a good life, which is good for him. If given a talent you should use it. If you make money along the way, great.
Great so why bother saying anything you said?

3. Ooooh, so it was an ACCIDENTAL OD, which means that we should feel sad that someone died doing illicit drugs. Um, no. Shit ass drug user died doing shit ass drugs.

It was sleeping pills. Legit prescription he just took too much. Don't start spouting off when you are completely ignorant of even the headlines.

Don't try to convince me to feel sorry or bad about this. That's like trying to convince me to be sorry for the Columbine murderers or Steve Irwin when he was killed by one of the animals he routinely pissed off. It's not going to happen.
Not asking you to feel bad. Just asking you to not mouth off whatever pops into that head of yours.

Edit: BTW, Irwin was not some TV circus freak. He was an environmentalist and he did so much for those animals, creatures he cared about very deeply.

suzi
suzi
Posted at

I personally am sad…

…but I can't help but love/hate the ridiculous rumor that this is part of Dark Knight's viral marketing campaign.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

Ambien isn't an illicit drug. It's starting to look like he was very ill from exhaustion and took too much medication. Any way you look at it, it's tragic.

IMO, regardless of the trigger, Hollywood kills another actor…

Posted at

ah yes, jump to conclusions and not caring about the death of innocents in columbine…you'd make a perfect cop

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Sounds like this might be your cup o' gib!

Seriously, that has to be fake. I know WBC is pretty bad, but it just reads like such a joke.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Also he accidentally OD'd on sleeping pills, which he was using to cope with massive sleep loss from filming so many movies in such demanding roles. He had an average of two hours of sleep per night while filming TDK, and described the experience by saying he woke up resistant to the pills thanks to his mind racing. To get to sleep he had to shovel down more than usual, be it either that he built a resistance to them, or that he was just too excited.

He essentially worked himself to death. I'm sorry, but given the fine tune to his craft and the dedication and lengths he was willing to go through to perform ANY role, that deserves some major respect.

EDIT: Also Steve didn't die by pissing the stingray off, it was also an accident. Stingrays are incredibly dangerous to just be around, although death from them is usually very slim. This is sort of like saying you died in a car crash although you were a passenger, and I shouldn't feel remorse for you because it was your own fault for getting in the car?

Posted at

I'm gonna miss him, i really liked him in Knights tale. :( :(

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

ah yes, jump to conclusions and not caring about the death of innocents in columbine…you'd make a perfect cop
*LMFGDAO* Where are you getting that I don't care about the kids at Columbine? Did you even read what I typed? Or rather, did you understand it at all? I said the MURDERERS. Don't be a douche, but a dude.

People on the Internet…I swear… They browse over what's typed and then fly off the handle.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Actually I read everything you said. You're pretty much waaaaay off about Ledger, and Steve. But I'm going to agree with you on those kids. I feel bad for them, don't get me wrong. They seemed to be a product of a bad environment, but that doesn't excuse what they've done.

ubernite
ubernite
Posted at

The kicker to all of this is that Terry Gilliam, is once again, faced with yet more filming drama… The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus that Heath was a part of. Seriously, what did this guy do to deserve the bad luck he's had with films?

I liked Heath's performances in most of the films he was in. He had an appealing style. It's too bad, I would've like to see how his career played out.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Sounds like this might be your cup o' gib!

Seriously, that has to be fake. I know WBC is pretty bad, but it just reads like such a joke.

Well seeing as how their website is "godhatesfags.com" (I looked it up), I dunno….according to their website, it looks valid.

Wiki: Westboro Baptist Church (wow….why does this church even exist???)

Posted at

Stupid poster.

Everything they do looks like a joke. Doesn't make it so.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'd say they 100% serious. Some people just live in a joke world. Their personal reality diverges from ours. I remember reading this book by an American religious fanatic and his campaign against rock music. He claimed ALL of it was satanic and had evil messages. He quoted song after song, reinterpreting the lyrics to suite his twisted and ugly view of the world. He organised mass burnings of tapes and records…
—————————————————————————————

Cori, please be a little more sensitive to the tone here. Ok? Don't want you to get into a fight. :)

As to Heath being gay, well he obviously wasn't… He could have been by, but that's neither here nor there. Funnily enough, when my sister knew him from highschool, she thought he was gay, but that's because he studied at an all boy's boarding school and only can to her school for the special ballet course there, so that might have coloured her impression of him.

The 2 hours sleep a night thing… Meh, I live like that for weeks at a time sometimes, and worse. I'm not dead from it. probably the pills had more effect than what they're saying. There are other simple things in ordinary pills that'll kill you; common paracetamol will kill you fast if there's too much of that in the pills you're taking.

Posted at

Westboro Baptist Church is like the Elvis of crazy backwards intolerant religious sects. Here's the kinda stuff they do.

The group carries out daily picketing in Topeka (purportedly six per day with fifteen on Sunday, "Lord willing", according to the index page of its main website[17]) and travels nationally to picket the funerals of homosexual victims of murder, homosexual-bashing or death related to AIDS, as well as other events related or peripherally related to homosexual people. They have been known to protest outside theaters in Topeka, under the premise that live theaters (especially Broadway musical productions) are a haven for homosexuality, as well as protesting at Kansas City Chiefs football games, and live pop concerts in Topeka. Whilst being filmed by Louis Theroux, they were shown picketing a local appliance store because the store "sold Swedish vacuum cleaners" and the Swedish government had recently imprisoned a pastor for preaching against homosexuality.[18] They have also shown interest in picketing productions of the play The Laramie Project.[19] Recently, they have shifted their interest to picketing at the funerals of soldiers killed in the Iraq War, believing this to be more of "God's judgment" on America. The FAQ section of the website states that, in their view, soldiers did not join the military out of a sense of patriotism, but because they are "lazy, incompetent idiots" unable to find work elsewhere.[7] Some states, including Kansas, have passed laws prohibiting picketing at funerals. Westboro has also protested at the funerals of people ranging from Fred Rogers to Coretta Scott King to Jerry Falwell. In the autumn of 2007, the father of a fallen Marine whose funeral was picketed by the WBC was awarded $11 million in damages by a jury.[5][20]

One of Westboro's followers estimated that the church spends $250,000 a year traveling around the world to picket[21]. In the 1990s the church won a series of lawsuits against the City of Topeka and Shawnee County for efforts taken to prevent or hinder WBC picketing. As a result, the church was awarded approximately $200,000 in attorney's fees and costs associated with the litigation. Otherwise, all of the church's money comes from the combined income of its congregants and money won in lawsuits against their opponents.

Phelps Sr., his supporters and members of his church attend the aforementioned gatherings, as well as other homosexual-related events, with signs bearing anti-homosexual slogans. Phelps Sr. has characterized the AIDS Memorial Quilt as "100,000 living fags slobberin' around 45,000 dead fags" and declared Elizabeth Taylor, a fundraiser for AIDS research, to be a "world-famous filthy Jew whore." Other regular anti-homosexual slogans of Westboro include "Homosexuality = Death," "Fags Die, God Laughs," "Matthew Shepard Rots in Hell," "AIDS: Kills Fags Dead" and "Ellen DeGeneres is a Lesbian Slut." (The latter was carried at an "Equality Rocks" rock concert and fundraiser; at the event DeGeneres commented that she wasn't offended so much by the slogan as the fact that they had drawn pockmarks all over her face on the poster.)

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Oh I've known WBC is real and actually does shit like this for a while now, used to have a mock banner of them up on my site. I'm just saying the image looked doctored to me, as it's really easy to simulate realistic paper via photoshop.

Posted at

Oh I've known WBC is real and actually does shit like this for a while now, used to have a mock banner of them up on my site. I'm just saying the image looked doctored to me, as it's really easy to simulate realistic paper via photoshop.

If that's true, then you know these people are insane enough for it to be real.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

If that's true, then you know these people are insane enough for it to be real.

Yeah, you got me pretty good there. I saw it first posted on 4chan, which is what kept me from thinking it's real. But yeah, I will never doubt WBC's ability to do the unthinkable again.

Posted at

Well I wish to give him my blessings. I enjoed his performance in Brokeback despite all my visecracking among friends and those self righteous, stuck up, ignorant, constipated assholes over at WBC will find themself pretty supriced on their own judgment day for spreading so much hatred around the world.

Dan
Dan
Posted at

Ooh damn. A rather tragic end to one's life.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

The funny thing is, WBC has it all wrong. They're spending al this money to picket his funeral because they think he is homosexual….when in fact he simply played a homosexual character in a movie. That doesn't make him homosexual. I mean come on–he had a fiance, and he had a 2-year old daughter. Leave the guy alone, WBC.

My coworker was telling me that WBC picketed a Hell's Angels funeral once and they got pummelled by those guys, to the point that the HC cornered the WBC into their little "headquarters" van and they were left crying in there. HA! …Who was the numb-nut who thought it would be a good idea to picket a Hell's Angel's funeral??? Those guys are scary!

VS.

….Gee, who would win??? ;)

mlai
mlai
Posted at

No they see him as a "fag-enabler" so he's a legit target.

As for the Hell's Angels vs WBC… God wants to see that hilarious action on Youtube!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.