Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Yesterday I met a very intelligent and refined person, we talked about art, philosophy and religion (and any combinations of the above) for hours. But before any of the talking happened, right after we greeted each other, this person asked me totally randomly and out of context: "So, are you into BDSM?"
I found that this was one of the most random first questions ever.
I also have two other questions I was asked on two other occasions:
"Can I be your girlfriend?"
and
"What is the meaning of your life?"

And so I thought I could ask what were the most random first questions you were asked.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

"what color are your eyes called?"
"when did you come out of?"
"excuse me, why are you wearing that?"
"Are you the hitter she was talking about?" <- still have no clue what that lady wanted
"have you ever traveled out east?" <-I get asked this a lot for some reason

There's more but I can't think of them right now.

Posted at

'If you were a colour, which colour would you be?' - asked by a completely random girl while I was waiting for a train. I just randomly picked a colour and said 'purple'. She gave me a filthy look and wandered off.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

"Random" Ugh…

I wish people would cease using that word to describe "unexpected" things that are the result of extremely contrived silliness. They're not "random", they're the oposite of that term :P

Grumpy rant out of the way lol!

"Excuse me, are your pants leather?"

lba
lba
Posted at

If you were a banana and I were a cherry would we make a grape?

or

How long were you again? I had never met the girl who said this before. I'm pretty sure she was drunk.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

do you pronounce your last name shee–zoo?

i was in highschool, wearing a t-shirt that had "Schizo" printed across the shoulders…cause i was into schizo's then…don't know why….

Salsicoruc
Salsicoruc
Posted at

These aren't really random, but they're not your traditional conversation starters:

"So where are your kids?" << said by person I've never met
"Why aren't you at home?" << also a stranger

I get all sorts of bizarre pick up lines/antics, but that's not quite the same, because usually I don't stick around for any follow-up questions that would make the opening statement a "first question".

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

I'm usually the one who asks the random questions. I do it to make people laugh; to break the ice. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've asked such questions as:

"Has anyone ever told you that you look like Weird Al Yankovic?"

"If you were an animal, what would you be?"

"You look like a taquito."

"Hey, what's your shoe size?"

"Holy crap, you look just like John Mayer…"

amanda
amanda
Posted at

"Excuse me, are your pants leather?"
Well WERE they?

I seem to have an unfortunate habit of wearing clothes that make me look pregnant as I get asked, "Oh, when are you due?" by complete strangers on a distressingly frequent basis.

"Do you have three dollars?" is another question I hear a lot when I'm downtown. If I say no, they call me a commie. (Which, if you think about it, makes no sense - if I were actually a Communist, I would share my money freely, right?)

The strangest first question that resulted in an actual conversation and great friendship later was "Don't you think you'd rather have a Grey Goose martini?" when I was ordering Crown (on the rocks, natch).

Posted at

questions I've asked of compete strangers:

"You just look like that one guy on Quantum leap. The one who had that Ziggy calculator thing. Did you know that?"–This was to a cop. He just looked at me strangely, as seeing apparently he never watched that TV show!

strangest questions I've been asked:

"Aren't you too young to be at this party/whatever"? those sort of questions always gets asked by people who thinks that I'm way younger than I am. Most of the time I try to take it as an compliment, but sometimes it can get annoying. especially when they start asking for my ID, and then proceed to check if it's fake.

"How old are you? Because if you are the age I think you are, then I'm afraid that you aren't of the legal age to start working."– hated that one when I was trying to get a decent job to save up for my college funds.

"I know this sounds strange, but can you tell me more about your periods?"–Asked by some guy online who had a period fetish after I apolized for pmsing. and after he asked that question, he went on to talk about how seeing blood from a lady's bit just turned him on so much and stuff. now that was a strange fella.

hmm. that's all I can think of right now.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

"Can I have your autograph?"

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

"Excuse me, do you want a hug?"

You know, for a short girl, she had a pretty tight grip.

Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

"Is it okay if I consider you my hero?" <– said by someone I didn't even know, but shared a class with. We never spoke to each other again, and I have no idea what prompted it.

"You aren't going to start shooting up the place, are you?" <– a lady ahead of me in line at the DMV. At first I thought she was just kidding around because she was bored, but she actually seemed worried that I was going to kill everyone for some reason. For the record, I did not shoot up the place.

"Oh my gosh! Scott! How have you been?" <– heard from several people over the years. I am not Scott. I have no idea who Scott is… but apparently I look an awful lot like him… the bastard.

Posted at

"Random" Ugh…

I wish people would cease using that word to describe "unexpected" things that are the result of extremely contrived silliness. They're not "random", they're the oposite of that term :P
Meh, words evolve.

I wish I had and interesting thing to say here, but you've all already trumped anything I can fish out. -_-

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Meh, words evolve.
And people are stupid. Two processes happening in tandem. :P

I know another:

"Excuse me, are you Yankee Doodle?"
-Kids… It was a serious question. I had a hat with a feather in it so to the little fellow it seemed logical.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

The weirdest thing a stranger said to me… I was walking home past the stadium, where music was playing (which is pretty common).

The first question was this:

"Do you know that guy Son of Sam?"

It got worse from there…

"He's in this city right now. You know that? You hear that music? That's Satan playing that music. He's trying to brainwash everyone, and all those evil people who hear it…"

I can't remember the rest. But it was, um, interesting.

And people are stupid. Two processes happening in tandem. :P
"People are stupid" is a state, not a process. ;)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ok then… the state of stupidity influences the process of word evolution. lol!

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

"Have you ever danced naked infront of your bathroom mirror?" - I barely knew the girl who asked me this. I just saw her around school sometimes.

"Aw, you're just so small and cute. Can I keep you?" - I was introduced to a friend of a friend and since I'm the short one of my group…it was logical? I dunno…I was scared. ._.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

"Have you ever danced naked infront of your bathroom mirror?"
So… Have you? :)

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

Aren't you that guy from BNL?

This question is asked on a regular basis by strangers on a regular basis, even before I even knew what BNL was.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

It's been one week?
Since you looked at me?

Also…
"Can I feel your pants?"

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

"Excuse me sir, but, would you happen to know what im thinking right now?"

What ever gave that kid the idea that i can read minds is beyond me.

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

"Have you ever danced naked infront of your bathroom mirror?"
So… Have you? :)

Oh, of course not! *cough* That's just silly!

"I found this skittle on the floor…want it?" -my friend said this to me the first day I met him.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.