Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

What a nice thing to recieve. Thanks for the PQ card Drunk Duck :)

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Yeah, it was pretty neat.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

And the art was really cool and fun! Thanks for drawing it, Cindermain!

And thanks Drunk Duck!

Posted at

Yup, it was pretty cool and cozy looking :)

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Cindermain, you ROCK! :)

Posted at

woot! it's cool that it links to the people's comic

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Wow. So I'm the only one who was actually offended by it?

Meh, whatever. I don't even read those comics anyway. Thanks for the spam though.

Posted at

I'm not even sure how it can be offensive in any way. I actually enjoyed the card a lot and I understood the good intentions behind it. A group of people organized something and is offering me best wishes for the holiday. What's so offensive about that?

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

It's spam. All I saw it as was a bunch of links to comics that already get a large helping hand from the site as it is. Placing "Merry Christmas" next to it doesn't change the fact that it's still just links to comics. Holiday spam, sure, but spam none-the-less.

But really, I'm obviously the only one who thinks that. Big deal, right?

I was offended, despite the fact that it certainly wasn't the intention of the staff/artist.

Posted at

I wasn't offended but the thought of spam did cross my mind. mass mailings tend to give that feeling.

Think of it as spam with a touch of holiday cheer and genuine well-wishing.

Posted at

Out of curiousity…would it make a difference to any of you if an individual sent you that card?

Because I send my Christmas greetings that way last year. I had a lot of people I wanted to wish a Merry Christmas and instead of sitting there for 3 hours picking out e-cards for everyone, I drew something, made two versions of it, and sent it off to everyone.

These were mostly people I hadn't really talked to for a while but I had wanted to drop in to say hi and send them warm wishes.

I guess I'm more forgiving. I know that the intention was there so being offended wasn't even on my mind. It would have been simpler for them to just type out MERRY CHRISTMAS on the front page and be done with it but instead they went through the trouble of making a card. I thought it was a nice gesture on their part.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

If it were from anyone else? Yes, I would be just as equally offended. I detest spam, even if it's cheerful. Hell, half the spam I get offers me cash and physical enhancements, but that doesn't comfort me any more than saying "merry X-Mas, read our comics!". Spam is spam is spam. I just don't like it. Sorry.

I know that wasn't the intent of the PQ, I understand that, but for me (and seemingly only me), that was the result. I'm sorry my sensibilities to advertising is weaker than others, but that's just how I feel.

Juliechan
Juliechan
Posted at

Made me smile.

Thank you DrunkDuck, you're the best. :)

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

lefarce, believe me, there's nothing I'd like more than to exclude you from this sort of stuff ;) I'll try and remember in the future, but no guarentees. Now lets just keep this on topic and respectfully remember that it's a thank you thread to DrunkDuck, the staff, and of course Cindermain.

Hey everyone else, you're welcome! It was nice to be able to send out something specially crafted this year to all you guys who make the site great! Cindermain did an awesome job I think! I hope he does more stuff with us in the future!!! I always like stuff that has characters from lots of different comics in one!

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

It was cool. I'll have to make a Christmas Card for the Duck over the weekend.

Dan
Dan
Posted at

It was nice… it's probably the only Christmas card I'll ever get.

Posted at

I adore the drawing of Nikita in that card. Thanks, Cindermain for drawing it, and all the people who put it together. :D Made my week.

Posted at

yeah, it was really nice! And shiny!
And it wasn't "spam". Sure, it had links to those comics, but that was because it used their characters; it wasn't in a devious attempt to advertise those specific comics. I think lefarce just wanted his/her comic in there ;);)
happy holidays! ^_^

Glass_Ink
Glass_Ink
Posted at

I'll have to admit… The card was cute, and very thoughtfull. I wouldn't think that anyne in their right mind would take the time out of their day to do something like that… Even thoug the card did suport alot of major comics on this site. It would be nice to see that sort of thing change, but I guess they have earned their rights. Sorry, I'm not tring to be a pain in the butt, but it would be nice to see suport the massive amount of other comics that may not get as much love… Unless of course there was some sort of forum thread about it, and those were the only people who had put forth the effert.

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

I thought the card was neat. Really very well done.

Of course, when I was asked what I thought should be on the card, I suggested to use the most popular characters on Drunk Duck - figuring that the most recognizable characters interacting with the Duck would be the best way to convey DD's community without making the artist spend the next year trying to include a character from EVERY comic - since that might make the card late. So blame me for that if you wish.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.