Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

[edit: please HPK, not you too… just put it in the bug section, don't use it as a tool to continue APC's nonsense.]

Zac
Zac
Posted at

[edit: please HPK, not you too… just put it in the bug section, don't use it as a tool to continue APC's nonsense.]

I love Drunk Duck.

Posted at

I love Drunk Duck.

Drunk Duck loves you.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Now that Volte's left, we can turn the duck brown and the tweety bird green.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

No, we should call it "Voltegrad" in honour of our once great leader.
Or maybe Saint Dweedlesburg?

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Whoa, well…see ya around Volte. I wish you luck, but don't be a stranger now!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Best Joker ever! ^___^

Sarah's fears are groundless though. Mrdweedles is actually a pretty great guy, and Volte and him have set it up so that we'll be A-OK.

You'll see. :)

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Dweeds seems p. cool but I would also like a programmer. Just sayin'.

Regardless, I like this guy.

Raccoo
Raccoo
Posted at

I don't know that I can trust a person named Mr Dweedles. That could be a fake name (however doubtful) for all we know! Volte6 was a trustworthy name. No shenanigans there.

Posted at

When I see the name "Mr Dweedles" I think of a supervillain owning a fluffy cat.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

When I see the name "Mr Dweedles" I think of a supervillain owning a fluffy cat.
Really? I think of the fluffy cat owned by the supervillain.

Blues
Blues
Posted at

I picture him as a round fat british guy with pinstripe pants and a jacket that barely fits him while he has a white monopoly man mustache and has a bowler hat or top hat and a monocle

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

It's been a great run, Dylan! Drunk Duck has always been a great tool for artists to get to know eachother and to get their work seen. I have no doubt it will continue to do so for a long time.

Still it won't be the same without volte6 on Drunk Duck. But change is life and all that stuff. You'll be missed around here.

Stay in touch!

simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

Hey Volte6,

It's been nice being here working on Drunkduck and I highly appreciate this site and your work.

You shall be missed and good luck for your future and I'm a big fan of DD and I'll continue working and giving my appreciation to the loyal amins all around.

Good luck and have great future, man, you do deserve it.

radarig
radarig
Posted at

Just as a counterpoint, especially since all of the other counterpoints were sanitized, I think it's legitimate to disagree with a "majority" of posters on the quality of work that's been done (especially in the past few years), and I think that was what APC was trying to do in his… manner.

I think we can all agree that Volte deserves props for creating and re-creating the site, and basically giving webcomic artists a centralized community that didn't cost them anything. I haven't posted anything on this site in years, but it was always good to know that I could float ideas and post my art without worrying about generating traffic just to get a decent test audience.

Of course, the site could have been handled better than it was; I don't need to re-post APC's laundry list to convince everyone that the system in its current form is seemingly in the alpha-stage of development with no real promise of improvement. People have legitimate complaints, but frankly for all the talk I've heard in the past five years nobody's stepped up to create their own site. If you ask me, we can't fault Dylan if we aren't up to putting in the effort we accuse him of lacking.

But all that is besides the point, and it isn't why I decided to make this post anyway; I owe Mr. Squires a huge debt for creating Drunkduck in the first place.

In 2002, unsure of what I was going to do with myself after I flunked out my first semester of college, I started drawing ridiculously poor webcomics. I thought they were okay at the time, but looking back they were really, really bad. Still, I posted them on this site and started to get feedback; in particular the long-gone artists Breezy and Squeegee always supported what I was trying to do, and I gradually improved.

Eventually I gave up comics [mostly because at the time I felt I had no "voice"], but through them I came to the realization that I loved layout and art, which lead me to pursue my BFA in Graphic Design. I graduated last month, thanks in no small part to my experience on this site.

Did Dylan personally get me to that point? No, of course not. He did, however, give me and thousands of other people a community that fosters creative development, which in my case dramatically changed the direction of my life. Honestly, I can trace my decisions back to the experiences and conversations I've had on this site, and without them I'd probably still be working the same retail job I had when I graduated high school.

So for all the problems with this site, I personally owe much more to it than I can express here. Dylan, thank you for putting this out there and keeping it alive when letting it die would have been much more convenient.

Also, sorry for stealing your chat room that time.

Posted at

I picture him as a round fat british guy with pinstripe pants and a jacket that barely fits him while he has a white monopoly man mustache and has a bowler hat or top hat and a monocle

How about an white fluffy cat dressed up like a british man in pinstripe pants and an top hat with a monocle?

Anyway, I agree with Radarig. I love DD, even with some of it's annoying flaws. And there's nothing you can say to change that.

(I'd love to see APC make his own website. Let's see him back up his tough talk with his walk… oh wait, he's banned. Never mind. =p)

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

I'M GOING TO HAVE MY HONEYMOON HEREE!

Honey you picked the most beautiful spot!

Take me here, right now!

Blues
Blues
Posted at

How about an white fluffy cat dressed up like a british man in pinstripe pants and an top hat with a monocle?

Anyway, I agree with Radarig. I love DD, even with some of it's annoying flaws. And there's nothing you can say to change that.

(I'd love to see APC make his own website. Let's see him back up his tough talk with his walk… oh wait, he's banned. Never mind. =p)

Thanks for butchering the mental image of Dweedle :C
also with the APC stuff: Irrelevant, tough talk there with having a stab at someone you know can't reply back.

Anyway is there gonna be a post on what's happening with DD in a completely volte-less era?

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Anyway is there gonna be a post on what's happening with DD in a completely volte-less era?

10 bux forum accounts

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

There are a few things in the works right now. When anything becomes official, we'll let ya know. ;)
also with the APC stuff: Irrelevant, tough talk there with having a stab at someone you know can't reply back.
I checked. He's not banned forever. He's also gotten enough attention on a thread that isn't even about him.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.