Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Drasnus
Drasnus
Posted at

A few years ago we had to each make a penis and a vagina out of play-doh in PSE. The clay was all mashed together and it came out red and purple.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

We went to this "PARTY" program(not as exciting as it sounds, party stands for prevent alcohol and risk related trauma in youth) last year with school and there was this one man they brought up who had gotten in some accident due to drunk driving…he talked to us for around an hour about how his "willy doesn't work."

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

wear a shirt, tie, slacks and shoes every day for 6 years…that and show up every day…who the hell did they think they were?

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Okay, well, no one really weird or interesting thing happened to me, but I'll just list off stuff and one of them's bound to be entertaining.

I had to catch a sheep once during school. Well, first I had to shear a sheep, then someone else's sheep got away from them and we all had to chase them. Me and this other guy managed to corner it, though he made the actual grab.

Was named homecoming king, but got disqualified because I didn't show up to the homecoming game because I was too busy watching Ninja Turtles. I've actually been nominated for homecoming and prom royalty every year it was relevant (small school), but that was the only one I'd actually won.

Speaking of things I kept getting asked to do, people seemed to think I would make a really good class president, because I got nominated every time it came up. Never actually ran, though, because I didn't want to stay after school.

Managed to convince half the people at school that I know kung-fu, largely just by imitating the Ninja Turtles.

Deliberately took the hardest math class the school offers early because I hate math and didn't want to deal with it my senior year.

Went to poetry slams with the poetry club and pretty much just did oddly-paced standup comedy.

Acted out the part of Grendel in a mock-trial of Beowulf. Won the case on the grounds that I was there first and that sick bastard stole my arm and nailed it to a wall.

Had to play the part of the prince in a play I didn't know because the actor who was supposed to play him didn't show up for the performance. I had to carry the script with me the whole time.

Watched a sex-ed video where AIDS was represented by a guy in a red jumpsuit (with the word "AIDS" written on the front) and a goofy ant-like mask. The human body was represented by a creepy old mansion (where AIDS tore open holes in the fence to let other diseases in) and the immune system was represented by a baseball team (which AIDS put blindfolds on).

Got second place in a pie-eating contest (where we used cherry pie, which is not very fun to eat extremely quickly).

Played Fire Emblem in the back row during graduation.

Didn't have one of those hats for graduation, so I just moved my ponytail from one side to the other when we had to move the tassle.

Gave a speech during graduation because the teacher who had originally planned to make the speech left for maternity leave, and I was apparently the first person they thought of to replace her.

Posted at

I was forced at gunpoint to engage in a knife fight with a chimp. The chimp may have taken my thumbs, in which I'll never be able to hitchhike without the drivers thinking I'm waving my fist at them, but I got his pride and will to live. By this time, I bet that stupid monkey has finally done us all a favor and kicked the bucket. And then there was this time in gym class when we had a Korean substitute teacher who killed half of us and forced the other half of us to take part in a short game of Russian Roulette. I haven't been the same since… :nervous:

Posted at

I remember this one time when I was 15 my teacher made me stay after class. They locked the door asking me if I would like to get some extra credit. I of course said yes as my teacher stood behind me and began to massage my shoulders. I turned around to ask about the extra credit and was like woah Mr. Perkins put your pants back on and quickly unlocked the door and left the room. It was the weirdest damn thing he really needed to invest in a belt or something.

warefish
warefish
Posted at

My science teacher accidentally turned me into a fish. He was able to transform me back of course… but with a few side effects nonetheless.
So now, I turn into a fish every crescent moon. That's how I earned my nickname.
Not to mention that I did look like a fish when I was living on the moon (see the "where are you from?" thread). Which is probably what made the transformation possible…

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

Saying "Kids will have fun playing with my snake," in front of 150 teenagers, a handful of teachers and a few businessmen.

:/

Hilarious. I'd like to see the look on the teachers faces after the teens reactions.

Posted at

For Biology(COLLEGE BIOLOGY) we had to draw a pretty island. and then we had to make a list…of the first ten things we would do on our little island in order to survive.

OH BOY.

Also for fiction writing, we had to write a story about being stuck in our Ex Boyfriend/ Girlfriend's closet….

Posted at

1. A chalk contest - one girl drew a beautiful island, and then everyone who saw it was like "whoa!" and copied it. In the end we had an entire sidewalk filled with islands. I did not envy the judges.

2. The teacher wouldn't let us rehearse the second half of a play. We just did the first half over and over because she was unsatisfied. So no one knew all the lines.

Early in the second half, a couple of people find a jetpack, ride offstage and explode, after which I run to the door and cry out "Oh God, they're DEAD!" But they do this far too early and skip a load of lines! So we're floundering when suddenly the deceased parties RUN back onstage, deliver their missing lines, and then AGAIN they ride offstage and die (inexplicably). So I run to the door again and scream "Oh God, this time they REALLY ARE DEAD!" like I was mistaken the first time. Like they lived through that first explosion, but Jetpack II got 'em. God, that play was a mess.

Koshou
Koshou
Posted at

looking at two of my male classmates dress as girls during spirit week…

the image will never leave. ever. ><

HoboNeko
HoboNeko
Posted at

1: Save a frog from the science department.

2: Read out an essay on "Why you shouldn't drink/take drugs or you'll end up like me" to 25 eleven year olds.

3: Go buy my teacher some Tobasco and cigarettes from "Tesco".

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Wear a dress made out of a bin liner and catwalk in it.

Also, I was wearing a combover wig.

Good times…

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Good times…
Pics or it didn't happen.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

One time I had to watch some messed up movie about atoms which were all getting ready for a party. The main character(can atoms be characters?) which was fluorine or something, was trying to get a date for the party that she could borrow an electron from, so she took out an ad in the paper. At the party all the atoms were dancing and stuff, and many other things happened which I have fortunately blocked out of my memory, but it was pretty strange. And we had to learn from this movie and answer questions.

Oh and the noble gases wore crowns and lived in a castle.

What’s the weirdest thing you guys ever had to do in school?
Wow, I saw exactly the same movie, that was wierd. I saw a wierder one where the atoms played out a James Bond film.

roeycleine
roeycleine
Posted at

Had to go up to two people (guy and girl), show them a card with the words, "I think sex is…" and ask for the first word they thought of. The whole experience was pretty funny 'cos some of the people I went up to tried to flee.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Type all papers double spaced.

Then there was the guy who brought a real M1 Garand rifle to school as a part of his Halloween costume… and no one noticed. I miss the 1980s.

Singing happy 40th birthday to the Tiger Tank in German Class (auf deutsch)

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Good times…
Pics or it didn't happen.
The only person who took a picture that I know of, deleted the picture. D:

werien
werien
Posted at

What's wrong with that? I see that, almost every day… It's rather amusing

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

What's wrong with that? I see that, almost every day… It's rather amusing
Your schools sounds quite interesting!

Posted at

Not really weird, but I had to dissect a frog last year for Biology (freshmen class), and it was incredibly gross.
The three days or so that we had to do it, I almost puked. It took a week for me to get that smell out of my mind.
Grooosss.

warefish
warefish
Posted at

Make a business card for my math teacher…

mattchee
mattchee
Posted at

Nothing super WEIRD per se comes to mind, BUT i do have a funny anecdote from college…

While you can never take art as a major and be free of the "Art School Confidential" archetypes (speaking from the comic, I can't really remember the movie too well)– Being primarily a design student, the majority of my classes didn't really get quite that demographic.

But… BUT…. I was required to take a beginning sculpture class. Which I arrived at with both equal parts dread (I'm not much for sculpture), and ambition ("I'm gonna BUILD something!"). As it would turn out, this class (probably as being a requisite undergrad class for those even THINKING about taking an art major) was FILLED with… well I think the PC term would be "Artsy Fartsy Whack Jobs" (in fact, the actual teacher described himself using a much harsher term). The teacher himself, while a good guy, was not staff, but a professional fine artist who liked to teach one class at a different school whenever he had the opportunity. I think the whole class to him was an art experiment in and of itself

It was harsh. Very conceptual. Not built for someone more technically minded like me. If the class was based/graded on skill achievements, I probably would have been fine. I don't really think I would have had a problem tackling that. But the grades were pretty much based on concept, and nothing else. Which translates into, how much BS can you say about your piece. I may be an artist, but I'm not a BS artist, so I struggled to get ahead in that class and mostly landed B's and (more often) C's in that class. Some A projects from students included:

A pig made out of raw pork (bought and assembled on the day of the critique after weeks of "work time").

Various performance art (uh… sculpture?).

A hut made out of sticks with a TV and a playstation in it (also assembled the day of the crit).

A rabbit (a REAL dead rabbit) being gored by a vacuum cleaner (actually… it was kinda cool).

A papermache-esqe torso made of sausage casings (read: intestines…. also actually cool. Smelled horrid, though)

Various projects involving make shift rooms and TV. Your typical "installation."

Okay… a lot of this stuff had genuine merit. There were probably loads of crazier ones that I can't even remember. But anyway, I had a hard time trying to keep up and compete with this stuff on a conceptual level (I won't even go into the crap I made). I would work really hard (we had weeks to put these things together– there was actually supposed to be some construction learning going on, you know), and get a C, where someone else could throw something together that day and get an A. IT was very frustrating.

At the end. I thought. This class is such a joke. Why am I busting my ass. I could throw stuff in a trash bag and get a better grade.

So that's what I did for my final project. I bought two of the the cheesiest front lawn knick nacks I could find at Ross, stuck a garbage bag over them, stuck them in front of the building where my class was with a sign that said, "FREE, PLEASE TAKE." That was it. That's all I did.

Well, wouldn't you know, my teacher practically had tears of joy! I don't even think I gave too huge of an explanation (I can't even remember what it was). He went on and one about how "smart" and brilliant my "sculpture" was, and how big of an improvement I had made. I mean… he was gushing. The whole class concurred. I got an A+ on the project (helped even out some of the worse grades).

After class, another student walked up to me. His project was a suitcase with a nail sticking out from the inside. He had also gotten a lot of positive feedback in his crit. He says to me, "I know what you're project is REALLY about." I said, "Oh yeah?" He says, "Yeah. Mine too. What a joke."

Posted at

Someone getting of the class for raising the hand to talk!

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

Write about WHY a movie was so good and not if I enjoyed it or not…or agreed with it…odd…

I thought the weirdest thing in school for people to do were carry around an egg, in a basket, with a marked dot on it…they had to do it for "child care education". The marked dot would wash off if it was hardboiled. If the egg cracked or anything, they owed a five page single spaced, with references, essay on child abuse…even if they weren't the reason the egg broke or cracked…

Well, I was feeling awnry one day and "kidnapped" one of the eggs from a girl I knew. Over two days I'd put Polaroid images in her locker of the egg tied up, flour and a pan, then muffins.

I gave her the egg back and told her teacher I was the one responsible. I ended up having to write a paper for her, but it was well worth it.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.