Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

Which was extremely funny when I learned that when they were selling the show to the U.K., BBC executives had actually demanded that there BE more blonde haired and blue eyed actors in it so it would match British expectations of what Australians were. lol!
Wait a second! Are you saying australians aren't all blonde haired with blue eyes??

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

After watching Coronation Street and EastEnders, Australians started to see the British Isles in a very, very different light…

I suppose that explains most of the sorts of Aussies that DID go there after those shows […]
Considering both those shows seemed to take place almost entirely in pubs, it may also explain why, during the whole of the 1980s, around 97% of all bar staff in the UK were either Aussies or Kiwis!

(Not now, I hasten to add. Now they're all from Poland or the Balkans!)

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

I've always enjoyed the Scottish accent, think it's kinda cool.
Problem with that is, like in England, there's loads of different Scottish accents.

The last thing you'll want if you're a lassie and say "OMG THE SCOTTISH ACCENT IS SO HAWT!" is for domebody sounding like this guy to turn up on your doorstep trying to chat you up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y5s2gfT4-o

It may be a parody, but the accent is based on reality. Trust me, I've met my fair share of folks that sound like that.

Posted at

Wow, all them brits look alike to me. I can't tell them apart!
Not only that, but those young fellows are the epitome of idiot trash chavs who knock over frail cancer survivors, film it with their phones and post it on the internet. Or harrass a neighborhood family with an autistic child and set their house on fire and the mom sacrifices herself to save her son. Or assault 3-year olds then stab their dads to death when the dad tries to stop them.

Occasionally they manage to do harm to each other, but when that happens, suddenly they're a good kid with bad friends.

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

And occasionally, they hurt themselves.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UgAARkpwLg&feature=relatedChav vs Wall
Only watch if you want to see Chav pain.

And yeah Faliat, you are right. It's the same with the British accent, you got brummies and gordies and all sorts. I like the more subtle scottish accent, not the stupid kind. ;D

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

That video never stops being horrible….and hillarious!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Wow, all them brits look alike to me. I can't tell them apart!
Not only that, but those young fellows are the epitome of idiot trash chavs who knock over frail cancer survivors, film it with their phones and post it on the internet. Or harrass a neighborhood family with an autistic child and set their house on fire and the mom sacrifices herself to save her son. Or assault 3-year olds then stab their dads to death when the dad tries to stop them.

Occasionally they manage to do harm to each other, but when that happens, suddenly they're a good kid with bad friends.
Henry the V: original chav….

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.