Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

A friend of mine who does webcomics recommended the duck. He mentioned that it was a good community, that it was pretty easy to upload even if you didn't have much experience with programmingm and that the price was reasonable. It appears he was more than right.

Posted at

i dunno why people keep thinking this is a good community…
i mean just last monday we ganged up on a newbie and made him wear a dress…
:P

MangoFlush
MangoFlush
Posted at

I found out about DD through BtC (since it was once hosted here). I've never really bothered setting up some kind of comic management application on my own server so I figured this would be much easier to manage.

I was right, thank god.

Posted at

Subcultured - A dress, yes, but think of the time, the thoughtfulness and attention to detail that went into the choosing of that dress. Very flattering. It really brought out the newbie's eyes. Now that's community.

Posted at

Rly nao.

Dazzus
Dazzus
Posted at

I chose Drunkduck because Smackjeeves was a pile of sh*t. Coincidentally, so were my early comics.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Easy to use, interesting forums, abundantly amounts of helpful tutorial, and good moderation. Without getting heavy into details, I was on Keenspace many years ago and it was just a terrible experience. Unhelpful, nonsensical controls, etc. I had to make sure if I ever made a webcomic again, it would have to be the complete opposite of that place.

CaptianSly
CaptianSly
Posted at

One of my Buddie's say's it's realy cool and it's something to do and, it's about realy cool comic's that I can read without dumb pop-up's…I don't think I made anysense then.

JRarts
JRarts
Posted at

Well, I choose DrunkDuck mainly because I tried Keenspace a long while ago and couldn't quite figure it out and DD doesn't require me to know HTML which I understand about as well as I understand the language Basque. <<;; So yeah. I like it here thus far anyway.

ShyRainbow
ShyRainbow
Posted at

Because this place seems fun.
And awesome. Sure is smackjeeves ,but most of
the people in SmackJeeves are ****ing yaoi obessed fangirls T____T

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

it hosts alot of my favorite comics….and the user interface is the best free one i've come across…

Posted at

I came to DD after i found a Fanlink at Bob and George and because its free and extremely easy.

Allyndn
Allyndn
Posted at

I'm brand new here as a comic creator, but my cousin posted some comics up here a few years ago and sent me a link. I've been out of comics literally for 20 years. When I started doing comics for fun again about a month ago, I remembered the link my cousin had sent me and decided to post my project here. Drunk Duck is the only comics site I know. I didn't shop around or anything. Though, reading all of the stuff folks have said on this forum makes me think I made the right decision.

Posted at

Because it's free.

And there's some very interesting artists and comics hosted on it.

Not that there aren't any on KeenSpace or KeenSpot or whatever they're calling themselves now, but yeah.

Posted at

actually ive been a fan of the gods of arr-kelaan for a while. i never thought of trying to host here, but since ive started ive found the site highly intuitive

Posted at

I was useing comicgenesis. But you had to have so much knowledge of web stuff (and i just don't) so I was always had difficulty updateing pages. Plus the site was always having some kind of tech difficulty.
Drunkduck is pretty upfront and easy to figure out.
I think for it being as nice and easy to up things up and have more then one comic up, and not to mention being free. I can deal with the drunkduck in the url.

Insanity
Insanity
Posted at

So, you're saying it's more like a fraternity?

I came across DD because my sister introduced me to it…
I saw Fuzzy Bunnies From Hell, and thought, 'maybe I can do this! This guy can!

So, Yeah.

Posted at

I'm an alcoholic who gets a craving for Anatidae when the 3am munchies come a callin'. I figured there were others out in the world who shared my culinary fetish. I tried to use Google to find others like me. I still haven't found others like me. BUT I did find DRUNK DUCK!

whitehawk
whitehawk
Posted at

I chose drunkduck cause I love the thought of a drunk duck. I mean comeon - Daffy Duck or Donald Duck type character slurring their squawking squabbles…who can resist.

Also because of the ease of setting up the page - I'm not too into wasting much time on fancy layout - just want to get my art out there. Drunkduck has an easy system for adding pages so you can simply put up your new comic page in between whatever of your day.

Also appears to be a decent amount of posters of comics here. Plus Herobynight's success is a good indicator that you can actually make it by starting some work on drunkduck if the material's good enough.

Posted at

I chose Drunkduck because Smackjeeves was a pile of sh*t. Coincidentally, so were my early comics.

Coincidentally, that's what most comics on there are.

crifmer
crifmer
Posted at

I came to DD originally just because I was looking for new comics to read. As I learned more about it, I found an easy to use and free source for hosting a webcomic, and I always wanted to do a webcomic, so I thought why not.

Also, you guys are nice. You get thanks for making me feel welcome cookies. *hands out cookies*

Posted at

I joined DD because…well…you see that little quail on the logo? Yeah, it spoke to me in a dream that may or may not have been induced by garden variety hallucinogens, and told me that I should join.

No, really.

Posted at

Well, this is the first comic site I found online (as far as uploading your own content). I mean, I'm on DeviantArt too, but there really is no community feeling to it. I love the way DrunkDuck is laid out. It's a great place to share your work with everyone!

Posted at

I joined here because I stumbled on Hero by Night and found this place to be pretty damn good :) So I thought, what the heck, I'll put Wyrden up here as well!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.