Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ickle
ickle
Posted at

I joined here because i didnt like the smackjeeves layout, and i found loads of comics here that i love

Posted at

Signed up with DD because one of a favorite webcomic I'd been stalking for a while was up here. And I liked that there was such a variety of skill level in the webcomics, too. It feels like everyone fits in somewhere.

Aaaand I think I'll continue to use it because it's ridiculously user-friendly for an idiot like me.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Honestly…it was the first site I found where I could upload my Rumbles comics. Guess I lucked out cause it's a very friendly site.

Lokidoll
Lokidoll
Posted at

Because a lot of my favorite artists/webcomic artists host their comics here and DD seems like it has a very friendly and supportive community.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

I came to DD originally just because I was looking for new comics to read. As I learned more about it, I found an easy to use and free source for hosting a webcomic, and I always wanted to do a webcomic, so I thought why not.

Also, you guys are nice. You get thanks for making me feel welcome cookies. *hands out cookies*

my wordses…those is my words…

albone
albone
Posted at

I love the feedback here. The sense of community is tremendous.

So comment on my site. :P

Daiconv
Daiconv
Posted at

Well, I chose Drunkduck because there is already an established community of artists here, and because of the feedback. I tried a couple of other places before coming here, and they were pretty dead compared to this place. It's very satisfying to be able to finally get replies and feedback on my work.

Thasanimos
Thasanimos
Posted at

I actually used Comic Genesis for the longest time (Great community, not so great interface). But after stumbling upon DrunkDuck on Google, I decided to upload my archive here just to see what it was like. I really am amazed at how quickly and easily somebody can get their webcomic set up and ready to be seen by the masses here, it's awesome.

Yanimae
Yanimae
Posted at

I first found DD when I was a little Sonic the hedgehog fangirl and I was into reading the sprite comics on here. Luckily, when a comic idea came to my head, I didn't really want to put it on my Deviantart account because I wanted to save space for my other comics. DD was my second choice that came to my head when I was thinking of where I was going to put the comic. I like this site. It's a really good host for my comic. I would DEFINITELY come back to this site if I had to start over. :D People…so..nice..on…here….How is it possible?! D8

Posted at

Drunk? Duck? The two together? Where else would I want to be?

Seriously, it's a chance for instant start-up, stylistic evolution, freedom and a lot of untapped potential.

Posted at

Actually, I take it back. It is mostly just my love for beer, whiskey, and water-fowl.

Aud8
Aud8
Posted at

userfriendly

Scardy
Scardy
Posted at

Because I have no money and it's free.
Plus Charby is hosted here and I wanted to be able to comment there.

…Wow, that was the most boring explanation ever.

Ailorn
Ailorn
Posted at

I have long been interested in web comics. I even made one for my college newspaper. I hosted it on my geocities page, and my livejournal, but only my friends ever saw it. I remembered that The Devil's Panties also started here before she mooved to keenspot. I had tried keenspot before, but you had to be a circus performer to actually get hosted, so i never even tried.

Now that im hear i am so blown away by how easy it is to make my comic actually look proffesional. The community is so open and supportive i love it. Plus i could see how many people actually read my comic. DD is an excelent place to just get your foot in the door and show people what you can do.

PS. Sub dresses arent so bad! You're just showing individual attention that is sorely lacked at other sites.

Posted at

It's the first free hoster I happened to stumble upon :D

ThePorch
ThePorch
Posted at

Joined drunk duck because of all the great web comics up here
and thought it was the best place for mine.

Jabali
Jabali
Posted at

A friend aske me to try-it… so here I am.

deaddays
deaddays
Posted at

It was fast easy, fun, and free. 80 hits an hour after posting isn't too bad at all. Thank you everyone

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

It was either this or My Webcomics Nation.net. And who goes to that site anyway?

melonman
melonman
Posted at

my old host had technical issues, so i used the opportunity to branch out.

Posted at

I've been wanting to do a comic (or multiple comics because I'm easily distracted) for fun and figured it would be nice if other people could see them as well. Drunk Duck is where I read some comics so it seemed natural to get myself an account and post my own stuff here, which I haven't done yet, but it's coming. I'm slow. And with so many members I figured it was a nice place or so many people wouldn't be joining it. (unless of course, we're all actually lemmings disguised as comic artists).

the only other place I've been is webcomics nation. My first impression was that they had really nice stuff, but there wasn't as much of it (no lemmings perhaps), and they seemed less laid-back.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.