Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
TeeniMeeni
TeeniMeeni
Posted at

My sister and I wanted to put up our own comic and I only knew about this one and comic genesis. Oh, and SmackJeeves. I wasn't too keen on picking SmackJeeves (I dunno why, it just doesn't seem to appealing to me). Then I went to Comic Genesis where the signup is waaaay too complicated for a simple gag strip I wanted to post up. So I ended up waiting for over a month for them to reply. Grrr them. Their forum FAQs didn't help me much either T_T.

Finally I gave up Comic Genesis and came to DrunkDuck. Way more user friendly. I was a bit wary about signing up but I'm glad I did. It went something like this: *click* "Huh…that was it? Cool!". So yeah.

Vision
Vision
Posted at

Three words.. Because it's awesome! :) Really i like this place a lot! it's user friendly and amateur friendly! it's just awesome :)

mattchee
mattchee
Posted at

The deciding factor was the community. Its nice to start a comic in a community of like minded people. The comics here run from people just learning to total pros, so its a great mix and a lot of people to learn from, and network with.

I could have the customization, and ability to run ads and whatnot, hosting it myself, but the community brought me here.

Japonesque
Japonesque
Posted at

i didnt really know that there were other hosting sites out there,
but drunk duck is pretty cool.

Posted at

I didn't know that there are sites that hosts web comic for free until a few days ago. I stumbled on this site by jumping from one comics to another. I post my comics in a blog site but DrunkDuck provides better interface for readers.

Oneweek
Oneweek
Posted at

I was hosting my webcomic at Live journal and I then found Drunk duck after looking for some webcomics to read. After reading the Free hosting thing I jumped off Live journal and got into Drunk Duck.

chicapanzy
chicapanzy
Posted at

I've been itching to try my hand at webcomics for quite some time now. I have a lot of ones that I really like and read religiously that have been my inspiration. I tried Comicgenesis and…well…it stamped out my desire for a bit with it's overly convoluted structure. I've read some Drunk Duck webcomics in the past, but for some reason, it didn't occur to me until now that I could easily sign up and start a webcomic quickly! Once I realized how user friendly it was, I hoped right on! It makes me sooooooo happy to be able to start a webcomic without much hassle! Now I can focus more on drawing the comic instead of figuring out how to get it posted!

Chicapanzy <3's Drunk Duck

lynnlamora
lynnlamora
Posted at

DrunkDuck was recommened to me by a random poster on my DeviantArt pages two years ago. I had hoped to get Lamora up here last year but alas life got in the way ^^;

I'm nearing the end of Chapter Teo but I'm still editing the text in Chapter One and getting it up here segment by segment :)
I hope to have it all caught up by the end of the summer.

Posted at

I did a lot of research on wecomic hosts before I ended up here.

What discouraged me were two things: 1 - I wanted to host the comic myself but didn't have the ressources to do so.

2 - A lot of webcomic hosts cost money… and it's not something I can quite afford at the moment.

So I looked around a lot. Even found one where another one of my comics is hosted, but it's community wasn't quite… I don't know. Not too appealing. The interface wasn't bad but had too many glitches. Mind you, that was… maybe 2 years ago.

So when I finaly started on A.W.52, I went around a lot and used Deviantart to get recommendations from other members. Drunk Duck came up… and upon checking it out, I found it was a wonderful, talented community. The interface was also very user friendly. So I thought "What the hell! Let's jump the wagon!"

And here I am! :)

Posted at

after alot of googling and checking other places, I found that the Duck would be the best place to host my comic strip!
Cause I'm new at this, I read that the community of the Duck were really helpful, and that was my main reason!

Jellomix
Jellomix
Posted at

I had a lot of trouble with the previous host I used for my comic so I decided to leave after a lot of inactivity.

So far, DD has been a lot easier to update, (no funky programs required), it hasn't crashed down, and everything makes sense. I'm so not a computer person so I need someone to handle basic page layouts for me and such. Plus, there's a good sense of community. =D

Posted at

I checked out a number of online comic hosting sites before I came here. I settled on two, because both hosting sites each separately had a number of the features I was looking for (but not all on the same site; alas, too bad neither the twain shall meet).
I like drunkduck.com the best because I can keep track of hits and comments on my pages. I do wish I could find more artists from MY area here. If there's a browse function for that, I haven't found it yet.
But this site wins hands-down for interface and features! I'm glad I found dd.com.

Stop in and visit me sometime!

Posted at

I chose DD For my hosting site because of the strong sense of community and the broad range of people and talent.It is by far the best comic hosting site on the net .sure there is comic space smack jeeves and so on but there is a magic here that exists no where else on the net.

Koshou
Koshou
Posted at

It seemed less complicated than comicgenesis, and, well… better than smackjeeves. lol. And most of my favorite comics were already hosted here. :)

Posted at

i have been working on a graphic novel just for fun and a friend (priceman) told me about DD. he kinda got me in to this lol but it's a great site and i found a lot of cool books here. so hello and thanks for having me :)

Tashna
Tashna
Posted at

It's the only site I know of xD And a friend used it too.

Posted at

My friend had her comic on here so I decided to put mine up here also :D. I have it on smackjeeves also, but sometimes I really prefer our lovely DD<3.

Posted at

I chose DrunkDuck because it seemed like a good place to show your ideas and your imagination. I never knew of a community before that you could put your comics on before until I read a comic on this website, and when I found out that I could put my creations on this website, I wanted to join it. I joined yesterday, and I already made one comic already.

Posted at

I started off on Smackjeeves but I came over to DD to spread my disease.

Posted at

I started off on Smackjeeves but I came over to DD to spread my disease.
…DRINK THE COLA!

RuseBolton
RuseBolton
Posted at

Reason Hu? well mine was quick and easy-
I had several storys on the back burner, wanting a place to make their home.
A slow day at work & a google search later i found Super Temps (Thanks to smkinoshita) & i got to reading the Forums & Other comics posted & found the people here to be helpful & [Insert Personality Trait Here], so i figured what did i have to loose & here i am.

Posted at

Actually the user interface drew me here mostly i tried Keenspace a looong time ago and mastering the FTP and all the page design stuff kind of pushed me off of using it. This place is very user friendly.

Kiruru
Kiruru
Posted at

Why did I choose drunk duck….hmmm….well I guess I joined cause, I liked the comics, I liked the artists, and I said why not me? SO HERE I AM! ^_^

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.