Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Soryko
Soryko
Posted at

Well!
I haven't hosted a comic just yet, but I want to here because…
It's such a fun and friendly looking site!^^

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I'd have to say I preferred the layout here as opposed to other hosting sites.

yojanna
yojanna
Posted at

Because I am a masochist. Seriously, though, it was/is for multiple reasons, mostly to take over spots on other sites for my dear comic babies. DD is way more streamlined than most other sites I've floated through. It has all black and white selection processes (or the nitty gritty type A selection process) – specifically the HTML or template selection, cutting out the need to figure things out on your own or get stuck with the same thing everyone else has. I do find the menu more confusing (too used to smackjeeves, honestly).
It also has an AWESOME community, and a less anal-retentive, stress-inducing staff.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I was told to put a comic strip here rather than just put it on photobucket by some middle school girls on Gaiaonline.

Posted at

I had a bet with my friend to see who could create the best web comic, and this was the easiest site to use.

Pedes
Pedes
Posted at

I joined drunkduck just now to try it out as the second host. Sorry, no best-and-easy-to-use sugar-filled post here (actually it took quite a time to put everything up). But I want to try out the community here and get feedback :)
I must admit drunkduck is less intuitive than smackjeeves, but I like some features (like scheduling your page to appear at a later date).
So we will see if it was worth it :)

hondonana
hondonana
Posted at

Mostly I joined because it is super user friendly and no one makes fun of you for using the word "super" as a adjective when describing the community, even though I just joined. I had tried Comic Genesis, but once I signed up I couldn't log on and when I tried to use the help link, it came back as a bum link. So I started looking around and Drunkduck was the best reviewed. "Angry Nana" is the comic, I'm the creator , please check it out and let me know what you think.

aegnation
aegnation
Posted at

DD is a very friendly place and more organized. It also have more options in categories than SmackJeeves. They don't have a stickfigure category. DD gives love to all sorts of artist. Once you get used to it, it's quite easy to use. I also love the fact that you can set a site bookmark on your favorite comics right then and there.

DD is fantastic. ^_^

Rickswan
Rickswan
Posted at

Stumbleupon led me to Last Place comics which is hosted by this site. I Had just finished reading all of Perry Bible Fellowship and Truck Bearing Kibble and haven't drawn in a while, so I figured I'd give it a go. It also has a pretty cool format.

Posted at

I honestly cannot believe that I did not see this topic.

Well, I did host my comic on deviantArt exclusively for a while. But that was back when I drew that terrible comic strip (what my name is about). While browsing the internet for more sites to put my terrible strip on, I stumbled upon (not with the website, lol) Drunkduck.

I signed up here, using my old name (back when it was current), and I started to host the strip. I didn't do much with it, and kinda didn't use my account for a few months. Then I came back in February of last year, and started hosting.

But that's beside the point. The reason why is, everything about here is so great. The community (including members), the staff is really kind, actually ones that you can become friends with! Posting a comic page is simple, and everybody seems to get along (for the most part).
Sure Drunkduck has it's problems, but then again, nothing is perfect. And that's fine with me.

Posted at

I took a long look around and kept coming back to DD. This looks like a great community, and many of the comics I've seen so far are very very good.

Obviously the price is right, and being a total HTML novice, I can customize my comic pages as much as my minimum amount of talent allows.

Thanks, DD, and thank you to the community in general for keeping a site like this flourishing!

HD

Brer Steve
Brer Steve
Posted at

Why did I join up DD?

I have been working on an interactive comic for a couple months now, and I needed more exposure so that it could progress further. Plus, the more the merrier!

And well, I heard from some people that this is a great place to get exposure!

legueu
legueu
Posted at

I joined Drunk Duck to read good comics and after a year I've decided to start my own.

Japonesque
Japonesque
Posted at

i chose drunk duck because
it was the first webcomic community that i stumbled upon

legueu
legueu
Posted at

Yes it's really user friendly.

I got an addiction to the DrunkDuck Notifier.

theends
theends
Posted at

Hey everybody - glad I found Drunk Duck - it's definitely the easiest to use, and there's a lot of exposure.

Kahea
Kahea
Posted at

I've read a couple comics on DD, but I just made my account today. XD

I TRIED joining comic genesis, but it's like… kinda complicated to just make an account. ._.

Deviantart isn't meant for comics as much as a site like this is(though it's possible, just irritating to post the right previous/next links). This is a very user-friendly website, and still has a nice/organized system. Perhaps not having 'drunkduck' in the name would be nicer, but oh well for now. :]

Plus it seems to get one a good amount of attention, being as that everyone is here for well, comics. :D

oldguy85
oldguy85
Posted at

Been doing some humorous blogging and trying to do comics when I
met Frank Jordan online.had never heard of online comic hosting before
but Company Man is very interesting and never knew there were so many
talented artists. I'm not an artist but more a writer, but going to give it a try.
so thanks frank and drunk duck(love the name.)

Tiffy
Tiffy
Posted at

I started a few comics here and there on a different site, that and a few of my friends pestered me about making an account here so I did.

I've been reading a few of the comics on here for a while now too and I think there are some amazing artists on here.

Posted at

This site was recommended to me by a friend on deviantart.

There's nothing wrong with deviantart, but it's nice to also post comics on a site that is devoted to comics exclusively.

So far I'm pretty happy here.

RyuuKen
RyuuKen
Posted at

I'm not entirely sure if I've posted in this topic quite yet, but I really liked DrunkDuck because of the pure comic compendium found therein. I was recommended this place by a friend on DeviantArt… right after they removed my comics (sprite comics, meh…)

So anyways, I absolutely love this place.

Cheers,
–RyuuKen

Posted at

I chose DrunkDuck because I heard of it from one of my friends, and he said it a really great site.

Pokkon
Pokkon
Posted at

I can't remember exactly, but I know I've looked for a few webcomic communities quite some time ago, and DD seemed pretty good to me, so I joined and I definitely didn't regret doing so. The community here is simply awesome.

*edit* Months later, I remembered that I've actually seen a friend (now inactive, sob) hosting her webcomic here and that's what made me choose DD. Though the part about the awesome community is still true. :)

Posted at

I have no recollection of how I came upon this site with my old account but I think I just kind of stumbled upon and thought "I might as well make a comic, I'm not a bad drawer". but this new one is because I remember it was good from my old account so yeah.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.