Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

There's already a thread for this isn't there?

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

No big story. "DAJB" happens to be my initials.

When I was at school I drew a few short comic strips featuring a me-alike and I named that character DAJB, or sometimes Dajb. (The "B" is silent!)

Me. As DajbDevil.

A few friends then applied the name to the real me as a nickname and it's been around ever since.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

Mine is real simple. "Dom" was taken, so I put a zero in place of the o! :-)

marine
marine
Posted at

I got on the internet to play Starcraft and had to pick a name. A marine was one of the things you could be in the game. I kept using the name for some reason. I tried others, but they weren't for me. It was either this or I became some copyrighted character, Megamanfan or mrvindiesel or even DaffyDuckhatesbugsbunny. Something lame like that. I see a lot of people with names like that. I probably would change my name to something cooler if I could think of one. I thought about maybe using a jester, ink blots, or skulls, but that sort of stuff seemed lame. At the end of the day the internet is about looking cool.

Oh wait, no its not.

Posted at

Because, of all my characters, Sidwarrious is the one most closely based off me and my life. Plus, I love that name and I'm the ONLY Sidwarrious. Myspace, Gaiaonline, Neverwinter Connections, don't matter where you go I'm Sid and everyone knows it's me! ^__^

Posted at

I wanted something original…

It has no relation to smoking at all.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

When I was in middle school, I needed an outlet for my emotions, so I created a characters called 'Crazyninny', a crazyed phyco ex-circuse ring learder.
At the same time, I got my frist e-mail account, so I just used crazyninny as the user name in honor of her.

The rest is down in history.

Nicotine
Nicotine
Posted at

It has no relation to smoking at all.

Same with mine XD. My real name is Nicolette, so people call me Nicorette and Nicotine all the time. :D

crocty
crocty
Posted at

When I was young I made some terribly drawn crocodile alien called crocty.
I decided he should be a username instead of an alien.

Posted at

Not off subject, but how exactly do you PRONOUNCE Crocty? In my head,because 've never said it aloud, I always says "Crock-tea" but I'm not sure if that's right or not.

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

My nickname has been kitty since middle school, and my favorite number is 17.

Posted at

My nickname has been kitty since middle school, and my favorite number is 17.

That's too complicated. You shoulda made it something like "Teen Skeivtetny" Simple.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Kyupol is a mispelled version of KUPAL.

Kupal - Tagalog word that literally means semen but if used in a sentence, it means the same thing as 'dickhead' and 'asshole' in the English language. You know. Remember the guy who gets in your face and you feel annoyed or angry and you wanna punch him out but just CANT because he's bigger than you and can beat you up easily? That is a kupal.

It can also refer to government officials who are corrupt. Or teachers or anybody in position of authority who uses excessive force or is too harsh.

It became KYUPOL because I typed it out in one of those 'you-type-computer-talks' programs.

Its basically KUPAL with a BRITISH ACCENT!!!

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

Also back in my gamer days, I used to go by the tag

"[P@pPa]_-=^kYuPoL^=-_"
or
"[P@pPa]KYUPOL8==========D"

Say it fast and short it becomes "papa kyu"

Delete the first "pa" in the word "papa"

It becomes "pa kyu" lol!

Posted at

It's a long story. It involves confusion, memory loss, scars, and… a lizard bite.

Posted at

I was Sailor Aurora all over the net at one point…. Sailor Moon fan, you see. and well, I just always liked the name "Aurora" for some reason….
I also like looking at the moon.

So I figured for DD, instead of going by Sailor Aurora like I always did, I figured I'd do Aurora Moon instead. So that way nobody makes jokes about me being in the navy or something.

in some other places I would often get the joke about me being actually a gay sailor in reality because they wouldn't get the "Sailor Moon" reference.

Sysli
Sysli
Posted at

I actually have a bit of story to my username.
I'm as surprised as you are…

Sysli is my real-life nickname. I got it because I use arteficial sweeteners in my tea, and my preferred brand is called "Süssli" and is from germany (we think). After spending about a week with some friends it was decided I really needed a nickname and somebody suggested Sysli, it being closer to the way we pronounce süssli. We don't really like having to type ü all the time and it sounds the same. Besides, most people have no idea it's not just a strange "real" name, so it's a bit fun to be called an arteficial sweetener and have people go "what a nice name".
I normally go by another name out here on the intertubes, but I'm more used to being called Sysli by now, so it seemed more natural.

Hope I didn't bore anybody to death with this story.

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

It's really just a pun of my real name and my ability to drink water.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

It's really just a pun of my real name and my ability to drink water.

HO-HO-HO!!!
you card!

mine is simply my last name and the nickname everyone who knows me calls me…

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Not off subject, but how exactly do you PRONOUNCE Crocty? In my head,because 've never said it aloud, I always says "Crock-tea" but I'm not sure if that's right or not.
Crock-Tea.
There you have it folks.
Now you can all die happy!
But that'll be in a long time won't it?

Posted at

Crock-Tea.
There you have it folks.
Now you can all die happy!
But that'll be in a long time won't it?

Oh don't worry that happened to me a week ago.

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

"dueeast" is the name of the comic, of course, but there is a story behind the name of the comic. That ties into the biblical reference in the title graphic, Matthew 24:27

I think I'll quote blntmaker, who is thus far the only person to correctly guess at the meaning behind this scripture in relation to the Due East comic:

"For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be."

Even for those who find the Bible as just a piece of literature should think about what the theme of the comic means behind those words - I'll take a stab at how it relates to Due East…Lightning, when it comes on strong, is swift, bright and depending on where it strikes, is seen by everyone in and out of proximity! The twist is, we just never know when or where it's going to come and strike. I believe it relates to the Lord's judgment of man. The daily decisions humans make on earth and how humans will be dealt with when he/she finally meets Jesus.

Whether you believe in that, or the idea of "karma", it's quite universal in thought, hmm? And the issues the characters of DUE EAST confront (or not), are often met with results that do have an effect on their lives…even before the day of Judgement.

Posted at

Well… it's my character's name on my website and tv show.

I've been teaching children how to draw cartoons for over 15 years.

At one stage it was going to be cartoon wizard but Harry Potter sort of destroyed the originality of that.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.