Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Zad
Zad
Posted at

My name (my oh-so glorius wonderful mystical magical name) is a shortened version of my username in another game.
I used to play Tibia and my name was "Zadorae Maeron" so that people couldn't use the "find person" spell and hunt me down after I stole thier loot or tried to kill them. My best freind, Dipset (as in Dipset Pally, Dipset Knight, Dipset Druid, etc, very creative) shortened it to Zad when he couldn't remember that I was "Ho #4". (He preteneded to be my pimp, which never worked be cause I wanted to get PAID! And we're 'kids', so it was joke. o_O I hope)
Anyways, everyone started calling me Zad, and I use that everywhere AND ZAD IS MY NAME IF YOU USE IT I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL FIND YOU AND MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL AND THEN WHEN YOU DIE VERY SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY I WILL FIND YOU IN THE AFTERLIFE AND GET YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN, FOR ALL ETERNITY!
I really like that name, and I have a vedetta against anyone who uses It.
Zadorae Maeron is zuh-door-ray may-ron.
Zad is like bad.
Easy,nyo?

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

My nickname back in High School, College, and the Army was Blackhead. Has nothing to do with skin conditions, and more to do with having a Ninjitsu mask that I would screw around with.

The name I'm using now isn't translated as Blackhead, oh no. It's actually Gaelic for Black Hearted, which suits me

TitanOne
TitanOne
Posted at

"Titan One" is a reference to the frozen moon Titan, which is an incremental place in the tableaux of the Five Worlds, in my comic "universe".

I'm planning several webcomics spun from this, eventually, of which Aurora of the High Seas is the first.

Posted at

AND ZAD IS MY NAME IF YOU USE IT I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL FIND YOU AND MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL AND THEN WHEN YOU DIE VERY SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY I WILL FIND YOU IN THE AFTERLIFE AND GET YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN, FOR ALL ETERNITY!

Sadly, I don't believe in ghosts.

I am protected.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Name of my comic. I kinda didn't know when signing up that your username was different than a comic/URL. (I've only hosted websites with things like Geocities and Tripod in the past.)

The comic name came from a brainstorming session with my brother. At first, he said to name it after "the main character." I don't have a main character; I have three who share that equally and a lot of super important characters besides that. He suggested I name it after the bookstore (main setting), but the store is named for a former owner who doesn't exist in the story. After that, we tried to pinpoint a central theme. Couldn't figure that out. We settled on "Used Books" because simple is best – and it sort of ends up being a metaphor, but I won't go into that.

If I had chosen a real username, it would have been simple, like Vickie (or Vickie_B ). Not mysterious, but I use it on other forums, and it's me.

Posted at

You want the long version or the short version?

Well, here's the long version anyway, dammit. Back in 1994 holy crap I'm getting old, my friend Dan, an exchange student from the US at the time who I haven't spoken with since 96, was singing in a band called "Ork the Spacehamster" (with umlaut dots on the O, this board refuses to display them correctly.) That name somehow triggered something in me, and I did this drawing of an anthropomorphic hamster in a space suit with a raygun. This, in turn, triggered something in Dan's head, and we decided to write and draw a comic about the little guy. I later briefly played drums in the band too, but the comic never really happened, and eventually Dan went back to the States, and even though we promised each other we would continue working on it, nothing ever really materialized. I rewrote the first chapter that we'd come up with together several times, did page layouts and even penciled and inked a few pages and wrote scripts for more episodes, but I never finished anything because I just couldn't motivate myself to. Furry animals in space just isn't what I'm interested in drawing. I also changed the character's name from "Ork" to "Irk" somewhere along the way because that's what Dan wanted the spelling to be, I think it was just some of the Swisskys in the band that decided to change it (the pronunciation is more or less the same if you pronounce the umlaut correctly). When I got on the interwebs in the late 90s, I couldn't think of a handle for my hotmail account and the various community stuff I was beginning to use, so I called myself "spacehamster", and, well, here I am.

Here's the last drawing I did of Irk back in 05 when I finally decided to dump the idea and do Bulletproof instead:

harryq
harryq
Posted at

It's really just a pun of my real name and my ability to drink water.

HO-HO-HO!!!
you card!

mine is simply my last name and the nickname everyone who knows me calls me…
The harry part is the name my family and friends usually use, though a few stick to Harold. The Q is the first syllable of my surname. Elsewhere, I've been going by Lempki, because the net is lousy with harryqs!

Posted at

He (she? hard to tell with hamsters!) is just crying out for a cameo in Bulletproof!
;)

Irk's a he, and… don't tempt me, man. Don't tempt me. Teehee.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Vakanai sounded like a dragon's name or something, so I used it for an rp character. And I still use the name today.

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Ah, Inkmonkey. Basically the name is supposed to imply something along the lines of being a wage-slave, except instead of flipping burgers, I'm drawing. … With ink.

Posted at

There's actually a rather complex story behind my name, with bears, naked wrestling and a wacky misunderstanding.

But it's really not that interesting.

I typed something in at random. Whenever I put actual thought into my names they're always taken. I don't use it a lot either, I prefer to use different handles wherever I go to maintain an air of mystery.

Posted at

I was 14 and my old aol username was deleted due to harrasment… -_-

Sooooo… I decided to use EVERY available letter to make a username, It was originally going to be, LEASTlikelytocare, but 'alas it was too long. So I shortened it and I've used it for almost 9 years.

Useless fact 1: It actually is the EXACT opposite of my personality, I tend to be all my friends' psychologist, matchmaker… I care TOO much at times.

Useless fact 2: I have two well-known nicknames in real life, those being Sick & Sadictic, and UberSatan. The first is self explanatory, and the second is a LONG,yet hilarious story. If you look you can find it somewhere on the forums.

simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

Well, it was in chemistry class where we used to study about explosives and I liked the explination of Nitros. So, Simon Nitro stuck together SIMONITRO

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

It's the name my dear mother gave me at birth. My birth, not hers. Yup, it's my real name. Go figure.

Posted at

Like Rutger, my Username is just my name (with no spaces). I picked it because I love talking about myself. As this post clearly shows.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Wait…I just realised, I said my name was pronounced crock-tea…It's not
it's…Well think of it as crockti but not croct-eye croct-i
How could I forget how my username is pronounced!?

Posted at

Wait…I just realised, I said my name was pronounced crock-tea…It's not
it's…Well think of it as crockti but not croct-eye croct-i
How could I forget how my username is pronounced!?

Is it an 'I' sound like in 'it'?

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

The origins of hpkomic are so terrifyingly nerdy I refuse to tell anyone unless I really get to know them.

Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

Fenn is short for Fenninkainen, obviously.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Fenn is short for Fenninkainen, obviously.

And Fenninkainen is short for…?

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

i chose worstcase because i like the tv show scrubs, and while i was watching it one day doc cox said something really funny…it was something like "this is the worst case ive ever seen…" i thought it was hilarious at the time

Posted at

well, if you watch WWE back in 2006, a faction named D-Generation X (DX for short) was doing a rivalry with Vince Mcmahon and they pulled a rooster gag and they put a shirt out 6 weeks after they said it and it said "Vince Likes" spray painted and a big picture of a rooster below!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.