Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

I'm using Windows too, so that can't be the problem.

I'm noticing that a lot of comics that are updating now have customized layouts. Some even have background images. I don't know why their stuff's working and mine isn't!

Are you able to upload images to your image locker?

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

i cannot delete anything, at all. if it has a "delete" button, it won't delete. The only exception being my comics, which are too good for DD so thank god at leat that's functioning properly. also it would be nice to remove all these people who are on my friends list now. they're not my friends, they just sent un-deniable requests and at least before they didn't appear mutally, so I didn't look like I had whored myself out to a hundred or so users i do not give a single F about.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I had no trouble deleting comics, two clicks and they were gone.

jayhawke
jayhawke
Posted at

clarification on age restricted viewing- am logged in but am getting a NOT LOGGED IN MESSAGE- also got dumped twice trying to post this message- might point you in right direction- PS XP SP3- FF 5.0

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I just played with malefics page, it took a few clicks on the save but it worked.  using chrome on windows 7 64bit.

Posted at

I've got the exact same problem as El Cid has. The SAVE button won't workfor me, the pop up window won't disappear,and refreshing just returns to default settings.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

Genejoke wrote:
i'm talking about comments, etc. anything NOT a comic that has a delete function seems to not actually delete.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

lefarce wrote:
Genejoke wrote:

i'm talking about comments, etc. anything NOT a comic that has a delete function seems to not actually delete.
Guess it helps if I actually read posts properly.

blindsk
blindsk
Posted at

El Cid wrote:
Are you able to upload images to your image locker?
Well, if you're using Windows as well, then I'm out of ideas!  And no, I'm not able to upload images to the image locker either.  Managed to get the title image working though.
I checked out your video of you trying to change your layout, and I noticed that clicking SAVE doesn't do anything.  It's supposed to close the editing window (just like cancelling it did).  That's how I knew the changes were made, so refreshing the page showed me all the ajdustments in place.  It is obvious to me that the changes on your site aren't working because the SAVE doesnt do anything.  Why that is, I wish I knew.

Posted at

Tantz Aerine wrote:
So tell me- will it be possible to add my extra info pages and so on, or will it be strictly the pages of the comic and whatever is available in the 'activate layout' thing? Meaning that I won't be able to stack my buttons on the left and have my stuff available as before?
Also, what about the info that there was in the comic's forum? I thought those would transfer over.
AND- what about the bug that isn't letting me save the formatting changes???
If you go to your comic's control panel (click the my comics on the right, then edit) you'll see there's a "subpages" button. You can recreate About pages and so on there, using the tools or the raw HTML. subpages are SUPPOSED to automatically create a link to themselves on the comic's main page but I haven't tested that yet so I don't know if it works or where it shows up… probably along the top if I remember what they told me right. If you want to host images you'll have to use the image locker (accessible via that 'acivate layout mode' page, it appears under the topbar).

Comic forum data, I don't know what's going on with that. They intended to migrate it over and have said people's forums will stay. Dunno what happened to them, I've emailed wowio about it.

I dunno what to tell you about the formatting pages thing, it seems to work for some and not others. It seems like a complication with browsers but I don't know if there's a pattern yet. :I Currently the only thing I can suggest is to try a different browser, sorry.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

blindsk wrote:
Well, if you're using Windows as well, then I'm out of ideas!  And no, I'm not able to upload images to the image locker either.  Managed to get the title image working though.
I checked out your video of you trying to change your layout, and I noticed that clicking SAVE doesn't do anything.  It's supposed to close the editing window (just like cancelling it did).  That's how I knew the changes were made, so refreshing the page showed me all the ajdustments in place.  It is obvious to me that the changes on your site aren't working because the SAVE doesnt do anything.  Why that is, I wish I knew.

I took Genejoke's advice and installed Google Chrome and everything seems to be working just peachy in that browser. I'm even able to upload to my image locker with it.

Also, the graphics display best in Chrome. I notice that with Firefox, the graphics display correctly but the formatting is off, and with IE the formatting is correct but the graphics are wrong (note the rounded buttons in Firefox as opposed to the boxy ones in IE)

But in Chrome, I get the correct graphics with the correct formatting.

Posted at

El Cid wrote:
Is there some magic trick I'm missing, or is the SAVE button supposed to SAVE your changes?

EDIT: Is there a tutorial somewhere?
Yes it is supposed to save, I guess that thing is buggy. According to your video you're doing it right.

We'll have tutorials for most of the site's new features over time, there's not much in the way of help yet. I linked to the stuff I've already done earlier in the thread, near the bottom of the first page I think.
lefarcewrote:
i cannot delete anything, at all. if it has a "delete" button, it won't delete. The only exception being my comics, which are too good for DD so thank god at leat that's functioning properly. also it would be nice to remove all these people who are on my friends list now. they're not my friends, they just sent un-deniable requests and at least before they didn't appear mutally, so I didn't look like I had whored myself out to a hundred or so users i do not give a single F about.
I'm able to delete things with no problem, but I don't know if that's a browser thing, an account permissions thing, or because I'm an admin. Sorry, that's not very helpful. :I

As for the friends thing- when they migrated data over people ended up with hundreds of friends requests to approve which had to be done one-by-one. So they just ran a script which approved all of those. There's no real functionality to the friends system yet so their being mutual doesn't really matter, but it would be nice to not have them be mutual if friends lists end up doing something.

Posted at

Saucerman2 wrote:
I can't upload a comic page!!! I'm new to the duck and I just got an account am I using the wrong image file do you accept jpgs? or is it just a glitch?
-confused user
the error message says request entity too large! it's  frustrating I can't even post the FIRST PAGE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I could be wrong, because I'm not really much good at anything technical, but it could be that your image file is just too large. Try resising the image itself or, failing that, saving in another format. Of course, this could just be another problem with this new site. I hope this helps, I'm sorry if it doesn't work though :( Keep trying different things. I think there might be a 960px width limit on pages, if that is of any use. JPG should be fine, I generally upload JPG's or PNG's with no hassle.

Dumok wrote:
I am unable to access my adult comics, for some reason I have a minors account. can you fix this please? thanks.

Not able to access your own comics? That really sucks. I can't access any adult comics either, despite having an adult account. I hope they sort it out soon!
EDIT: This issue appears to have resolved itself for me now.
El Cid wrote:
I am also using the latest version of Firefox and it still doesn't work for me. I can make changes, but they do not save. You click the SAVE button and the box doesn't go away. When you refresh or Deactivate Layout Mode, it's back to the way it always was.

Is there some magic trick I'm missing, or is the SAVE button supposed to SAVE your changes?

This exact same thing is happening to me, it's incredibly frustrating. Especially since I really like this new page layout editor and want it to actually save my comics so that I can have them looking the way I want. I primarily use Firefox too, but I can't get it to work in IE either (because my PC has both).

Posted at

Also:
~ My DD alerter doesn't work. I'm assuming that this is probably because of the site changeover, any new addresses/coding and such… but will there be a new Alerter released at some point which is compatible?

~ The comments I had posted on other people's profiles have stopped showing up on my own, which is a relief, but the comments I had received aren't showing up either (it just says "no comments")

~ My trophies have vanished. They had originally (this morning I could see them on my profile) but they are missing now.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

skoolmunkee wrote:
El Cid wrote:

EDIT: Is there a tutorial somewhere?
 Yes it is supposed to save, I guess that thing is buggy. According to your video you're doing it right.

We'll have tutorials for most of the site's new features over time, there's not much in the way of help yet. I linked to the stuff I've already done earlier in the thread, near the bottom of the first page I think.
lefarcewrote:

I'm able to delete things with no problem, but I don't know if that's a browser thing, an account permissions thing, or because I'm an admin. Sorry, that's not very helpful. :I

As for the friends thing- when they migrated data over people ended up with hundreds of friends requests to approve which had to be done one-by-one. So they just ran a script which approved all of those. There's no real functionality to the friends system yet so their being mutual doesn't really matter, but it would be nice to not have them be mutual if friends lists end up doing something.

It would matter to me if I continued to use the site past this, because I dislike the concept of validating a bunch of people for a really abritrary reason like "LOOK HOW HUUUGE MY FRIENDS LIST IS!" It's obnoxious. I'm just trying to remove as much of my own data as I can and leave, but it seems I'm unable to do that as well.
When PQs go back up, would it be fine to just link you to the content I'd like removed? It's not much, but as it is I can't really do anything about it. I guess I can deal with the friends list thing.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

I just sent Lefarce a Friend Request.

Posted at

Somewhere along the line here it seems a bit tacky to me for another hosting service to repeatedly post their banner in this forum. they have made no comments on the posts just posted their banner.
The only problem I have had that I haven't seen someone else post, Lucky Dawg and Hot Rod both posted updates, other people commented on the updates but all I got was a blank page.  Running Firefox 5.0 Windows 7 with all current updates posted.

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

So yeah, like a few others i had to cave in and get Chrome to be able to update or view the site without those nasty design glitches. In chrome it looks and works fine.
But as it clearly looks wrong and many of the main features does not work in Exlorer and Firefox am I correct when i assume that the whole site was tested ONLY in google chrome???
Sorry if this sounds arrogant but Firefox is the most used browser so i think it would have been a pretty good idea to at least test it a few times with that….??

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

"go to last post" doesn't work for the rant thread (it did work for the other stickies, but i didn't check the other threads)
It sent me to a page that said "this thread has no posts yet". going in by clicking the page number was fine, but after i replied, it posted the same page. I kept that page open, opened a new window and went to DD and my reply had submitted, i was just redirected somewhere.
Sometimes i'm not logged in, and sometimes i am.

Luminous
Luminous
Posted at

Like most other people, I also cannot upload images to my image locker.

Less importantly, it's kind of odd that comics with zero pages are coming up in the Quail's Random section. I mean, that issue kind of takes a back seat to some of the others, but it might be good to note… kinda weird to suggest the viewer read pretty much non-existant comics ;)

EDIT: Also, I'm struggling to get my posts' line breaks to work properly… I'm even trying editing my posts' HTML and putting in paragraph tags, but the site just does not accept that I don't actually want my text to be all smushed together.

EDIT 2: Okay, now it's finally working and breaking up my lines like I'm telling it to… it wasn't before.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

dragonrider wrote:
Somewhere along the line here it seems a bit tacky to me for another hosting service to repeatedly post their banner in this forum. they have made no comments on the posts just posted their banner.
The only problem I have had that I haven't seen someone else post, Lucky Dawg and Hot Rod both posted updates, other people commented on the updates but all I got was a blank page.  Running Firefox 5.0 Windows 7 with all current updates posted.
Do you mean Lefarces sig?   if so there are posts above it.  

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

@Luminous: Have you tried running the site in Google Chrome? It runs really smooth for me in Chrome, but I couldn't get it to work with Firefox or IE.

@Genejoke: Your banner ads… for some reason, you can't type http://www.drunkduck.com/… as a url. You have to type it as just www.drunkduck.com/… That's why those links aren't working.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.