Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I'm working on getting my layout as close to normal as I can. But I can't get my comic header image to go up.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

El Cid wrote:
@Luminous: Have you tried running the site in Google Chrome? It runs really smooth for me in Chrome, but I couldn't get it to work with Firefox or IE.

@Genejoke: Your banner ads… for some reason, you can't type http://www.drunkduck.com/… as a url. You have to type it as just www.drunkduck.com/… That's why those links aren't working.
They were working untill i deleted the one for equivocate.  weird.  will try that though, thanks.

Darwin
Darwin
Posted at

-I didn't see anything in previous discussions about the images locker not retaining any attempts at uploading image files.  I am having to use file names from other sites to customize navigation buttons.
  -Additionally, the customization of the pages is a rather tricky proposition, on one comic I had no issues getting the background image to take and on another it was a four effort failure.
  - Lists (Favorites/owned comics/assisted comics) defaulting to open (on comic pages this pushes the entire page
I'm tyring to view below my 70 comic list of favorites) I would prefer
these default to closed and on comics they overlap the comic rather than
pushing it down when opened.
-I will put my hand up for the following already mentioned:
   - image/text overlap.  I've found this on nearly every page I've gone to so far.
   - I'm sure it's been mentioned though I didn't see it, but there is a serious lag in loading time.

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

Since the new site launch, I am receiving the following message, "this comic is only viewable to 18+ please login to view".  I can not view my own comic X_up or some of my favorites.  Presumabley because of their A ratings.  This was not a problem before the new site launch.
Also, when I attempted to report this to someone at your email contact address I received, "This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed.  info@drunkduck.com"
Thanks for your time in advance.  I realize you probably are quite busy at the moment.
Plymayer 

meemjar
meemjar
Posted at

Aside from some of the issues already described I cannot access the adult comics even though I am one and have a adult account.
In fact I can't even access MY OWN adult comic, 'The Twisted Site of Meemjar!'
Just what gives with THAT!?

Posted at

As an update of things, I managed to edit my page with google chrome. Things work much better there. 
However I still can't use my navigator buttons, the image uploader has them, but when I put their url inthe slots the save button doesn't save them. 

Posted at

All right, seems most of the things work now, BUT.
Though the image uploader works, the settings in the page will NOT save background and navigator images.
I'm using Google Chrome so that can't be the problem now.

darth_paul
darth_paul
Posted at

The time stated when I make a post seems to be off. I'm in the Eastern US time zone & when I made a post @ 6 PM it said that I made the post @ 3 PM. Is the site just set to display one time zone now? Shouldn't it be set to show up as what a user's actually is?

Posted at

darth_paul wrote:
The time stated when I make a post seems to be off. I'm in the Eastern US time zone & when I made a post @ 6 PM it said that I made the post @ 3 PM. Is the site just set to display one time zone now? Shouldn't it be set to show up as what a user's actually is?
Everything seems to be set to either PST or Mountain Standard

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

I'm only just now noticing this, but now I can't un-notice it… my images are a lot more pixellated than I remember them being on the old Drunk Duck. And now I've tried re-uploading some of them and they still come out pixellated. Is the site auto-compressing my images? It looks terrible.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

It's true! I knew I wasn't crazy! I tried uploading the same image to my image locker and comparing the version it displays in my comic. HUUUUGE difference! The comic templates are compressing the bejeezus out of the images. That… may be something I'm not able to live with.

Notice how much more pixellated the Duck version is than the original. It's VERY noticeable!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I feel like I'm retarded, but I can't figure out how to edit my comic layout at all. Where on earth do I go?
Also, how do you edit your friends?
I never had trouble figuring out how to do stuff on the old site…I can't tell if it's because I'm really dumb all of a sudden or because the new site really is hard to navigate.

Also, bugs?
-My cursor/insertion point disappeared while I was editing my profile. That could have just been me pressing something weird, though. I don't know.
-It says Izzy was launched on July 6, 2011…and I have no pageviews. : (

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

Hippie Van wrote:
I feel like I'm retarded, but I can't figure out how to edit my comic layout at all. Where on earth do I go?
Also, how do you edit your friends?
I never had trouble figuring out how to do stuff on the old site…I can't tell if it's because I'm really dumb all of a sudden or because the new site really is hard to navigate.

The layout editor is across the top of the page when you view your comic.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Thanks, El Cid!

Geez, that is a REALLY roundabout way to get to it if you don't know where it is. Why can't I get there through the "edit comic" function somehow?

Speedball
Speedball
Posted at

I too am unable to save any changes I make to the background color of the comic when I activate layout mode. I've tried this in both Safari and Firefox. Haven't noticed any other errors, yet, BUT! There is a feature missing that I kinda miss:
Before, the "comics you own overview" page would have a little panel showing off the most recent comment someone made on one of your pages. There's nothing like that now.

Aelwyn
Aelwyn
Posted at

El Cid wrote:
It's true! I knew I wasn't crazy! I tried uploading the same image to my image locker and comparing the version it displays in my comic. HUUUUGE difference! The comic templates are compressing the bejeezus out of the images. That… may be something I'm not able to live with.

Notice how much more pixellated the Duck version is than the original. It's VERY noticeable!
I noticed this on my pages as well. It is extreamly noticable on black and white comics, where the lines are the strength. It's definately something I can't live with either.

herio
herio
Posted at

im getthing a lot of bad  502 Bad Gateway and i been unable  to post my comic on difrent dates when i frst loged in i got a wall of html 

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

dragonrider wrote:
Somewhere along the line here it seems a bit tacky to me for another hosting service to repeatedly post their banner in this forum. they have made no comments on the posts just posted their banner.
The only problem I have had that I haven't seen someone else post, Lucky Dawg and Hot Rod both posted updates, other people commented on the updates but all I got was a blank page.  Running Firefox 5.0 Windows 7 with all current updates posted.
What? If this is about me, I don't own Comic Fury. Also I am making posts. I have made posts. I'm posting a post right now. You could, in fact, call me a poster.
Anyway, I'm posting here too much, because I'm done with all this, it's too awful and I can't take it anymore. Somebody wake me up when PQs return, please, so I can take care of some business and get the heck outta here.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

I've been PQing people for hours now.

The PQ system's pretty slick btw; it's set up sort of like a little mini forum/chat room.

Too bad about the compression thing, though. I was actually starting to like the new site, just a little. But it may not be usable.

Posted at

I cant seem to move pages up and down, like reorganize pages… Idk if its just me. Also the compression thing, is it automatic? and if so is there an optimal image type / size we should be shooting for? most of my images are around 150-250 kb so they look pretty bad, its super noticable and hurts my eyeballs/heart.

-edit- ok pages are moving up and down now. i would love to move it more then one space at a time though…

-edit2- ok… i cant move em pass the top part or the bottom. it only gives one option. hahaha silly, but needs fixing

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

El Cid wrote:

Holy cripes, I have to echo this. Just had a good look at my comic for the first time(it's been a busy day) and it looks ridiculously terrible.

Dave7
Dave7
Posted at

Hippie Van wrote:
El Cid wrote:

Holy cripes, I have to echo this. Just had a good look at my comic for the first time(it's been a busy day) and it looks ridiculously terrible.
Same here.  I just took a good look at some of my pages and noticed it, too.  Can someone please fix this?

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

All right, I haven't seen anyone else mention it, so here goes.
Stats.
Where are they? And I don't mean the tab, I see that much on my edit screen.
The origin date of the comic is completely wrong. I did not start my comic this July, but that's even something I can look over.
Rather, pageviews are completely dead as far as I can tell. It just sits at zero no matter who goes to my comic. Also, there's obviously a ranking system still in effect as the top 10 still exists… so why can't I see where I'm at? This is frustrating. I'm not super concerned about my placement so much as I can't tell if people are looking unless they make comments. I have a good amount of readers, but a lot of them aren't real chatty, if you follow. Right now, it just functions as the old DD Alerter did, showing people who fav'd the comic. I feel absolutely blind right now as a result of this (and I'm not just talking seizure inducing forum colors.)
There's also no way to tell who made the last comment as on the old site. The benefit to that is if someone made a comment on an older comic, you at least had a chance to see it via direct link. I have over 400 pages right now on AG, so without that link, this is even less feasible.

Posted at

Yeah this pixelating of comic images is REALLY annoying, and completely unacceptable. I've even set my comics to the size limits and its STILL being compressed and screwed up.
:( This is really disappointing. I don't think I'll continue to update if this remains. It's preeeeeeetty shit.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.