Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.

Posted at

I've logged out, deleted cookies, logged back in, still no change. I tried from the home PC downstairs and no change either. :-/

Also, unrelated to the bug but how did you get that page to appear before page 1? I have a revised version of page 9 to add and move, and I can't seem to move it past the first page in the list of pages.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That is fricken irritating!
For the page position it's just an admin thing- the default page position is "0".
If your page is already uploaded I can shift it to any position for you in the admin panel.

About your account issues…
- Do you only get it with that one comic?
- Is it any image file?
- Have your tried uploading different image files with different names?

I seem to remember one stage where I hd an issue like that and it really really annoyed me… I think I solved it by saving the pic in a different format and giving it a new name. (think that was it)

Posted at

So far it isn't limited to that comic, but what is weird about it, is that I was able a week ago to upload navigation buttons, link tiles, as well as a header and a background image.

I tried changing formats for uploading the page, but it hasn't made a difference so far, I'll try a format and name change.

As to page positioning, is there no way to scroll a page manually down through the others? On the old DD it was possible to do that, but here I can only scroll down page one in the list, because the down arrow button disappears. Am I being dense and missing something basic lol?

EDIT: I just tried again and for some reason it went through first time, no fuss no muss. Really, really weird. Thanks for the help with the uploading issue, fingers crossed it doesn't come back!

The page I've been needing to move is also uploaded - since I can't figure it out, could you move it to where #9 should go? Much obliged ozone, you're as helpful as I remember from before!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Done!!!!

Actually, it was a LOT more complicated than I realised… It's super easy to set a page as "0" postion because none of the pages already have the number, but the trouble is that all the other pages already HAVE the rest of the position numbers (1, 2, 3, 4 ,5 etc), so it meant I had to look through your archive in the admin section, find all of the pages before "9" and renumber them one after the other, making the first page "0" instead of "1", then the next page "1" instead of "2" and so on, so no pages ever have the same postion number…
And wait each time it saves the new info T_T

So it's fixed now!
I don't wanna do that again, hahaha!
All my own silly fault for thinking it would be straight forward ^_^

Gunwallace
Gunwallace
Posted at

I want to change my forum signature (and have wanted to do so for some time) but when i try the editing window opens up UNDER some floating ads that I can't get rid of.  (I'm using Firefox on a Mac).

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yup, I get that too. It was probably tested initially in a nasty browser like Safari… So it'll probably work fine in Google hrome which is also webkit based.

But if you just want to stick with Firefox then you have to widen your browser window so you can see the far edge of that silly java text box and click the tag that says "html", then you should be ok, if you know your way around BB code. :)
If you can't get the window wide enough to see the edge of the java box then press the control and the - button to shrink the browser content till you can.
("control +" enlarges it and "control 0" gets your window back to normal)

Strain42
Strain42
Posted at

It's crazy to think that it's been around a year now since we had the big server move (I just remember it was around late June/early July)
Any new word on Wowio getting us some of our old features back?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Nothing on that. There have only been internal updates, about pay and stuff…
There won't be a roll-back to our old features though, rather, if it ever does happen, it's just be bug fixing and then implementation of new stuff/old functionality (like stats etc) in a new form.
But for now, we waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiittttttt…….

Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
But for now, we waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiittttttt…….

Seriously, though. My offer still stands, to look over their code and attempt fixing some of the broken stuff and implementing some of the missing stuff.
It's not even necessary for them to have me messing with the site directly. I would just need a copy of the thing and a mock server to test the connections and I could experiment with. If they don't like what I'm doing, they can ignore it. All volunteer work and it wouldn't cost them a thing and there's little to no risk and effort on their part. My only requirement would be credit where credit is due, if some of my work ends up in the code, solely for the purpose of including in my portfolio.
I never received a reply from the email address that you provided me, Oz, although I later heard that Lawrence had quit the company by then.

Posted at

Page not found (404)

Request Method:
GET

Request URL:
http://www.drunkduck.com/True_Nature_Cat_(Jerreh)/

Using the URLconf defined in urls, Django tried these URL
patterns, in this order:

^$

^login/$

^logout/$

^ads/728x90/$

^ajax/side-panel/comics-list/$

^ajax/side-panel/favorites-list/$

^ajax/ten-list/(?P.*)/$

^errors/age/$

^errors/nopages/$

^privacy/$

^about/$

^terms/$

^etiquette/$

^copyright/$

^help/$

^api/latestnews/$

^api/featuredcomics/$

^api/toptencomics/$

^api/quackcast/$

^admin/

^user/video/

^user/

^video/

^news/

^quack/

^quackcast/

^tutorial/

^community/

^forum/

^comics/

^search/

^comments/

^duckmarks/

^ratings/

^requests/

^analytics/

^imagelocker/

^layout/

^subpages/

^(?P[-\w]+)/rss/$

^(?P[-\w]+)/(?P
\d+)/$

^(?P[-\w]+)/(?P[-\w]+)/$

^(?P[-\w]+)/$

^tinymce/

^media/(?P
.*)$
The current URL, True_Nature_Cat_(Jerreh)/, didn't match any of
these.

You're seeing this error because you have DEBUG = True in your
Django settings file. Change that to False, and Django will display
a standard 404 page.

Has somehting like this been solved yet?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

@PP-
I will mention it again to the Wowio people.

@Hopepower15-
The problem was the brackets in your comic title, comic URLs can't contain them… even though the system forces pages to have the same URL wording as your titles, brackets and all.

So anyway, I fixed it by taking the brackets out of your URL but leaning them in your title :)

Darwin
Darwin
Posted at

Sneaks in from the internet Ether…

Just updated my profile so…well y'know all my trophies went bye bye…Ozone can you hook a sista up?

Posted at

I'll have a go, Darwin. I can't remember which ones you had so I'll just assign some. Let me know if I missed any.

Niccea, I think that whatever that date shows, is the last day they restarted the server. So I guess they had to restart it this week!

I dunno why that feature stopped working in the first place, though. 

Strain42
Strain42
Posted at

I'm always hesitant to bring up a problem I'm having because I'm never sure if it's a problem that applies just to me or if it's only on a specific browser or something. But you know that giant Comcast ad that pops up every now and then over comics that blocks the view of things until you close it out? Well now, that pops up…but it locks my horizontal scrollbar in the center of the screen. Trying to move it (so that I can actually see the X to close the ad and click on it…) just makes it instantly bounce back to the center.
Soooo…yeah, that's what I've got going on right now. It's a minor problem since the ad doesn't seem to pop up right away, just went it sits there for a while, and I can still just refresh the page and it goes away. But it's mildly irksome and just thought it was worth noting here.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Bad ads… :(
I'll send something off about it.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

My user panel comments have gone.  *sob*

Somehow they were preserved during the site move last year.  And I had joy.  But today, going into my control panel, which I haven't done for I-have-no-idea-how-many months:  na-da

I know in the scheme of things this is small potatoes, but –  Now my joy is diminished.  :(

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yeah, comments and awards all disappear whenever you change info on your profile. :(
That's something we discovered looong ago and commented about in this thread.- I was restoring people's awards for them based on what I learned from that bug…

edinfresno
edinfresno
Posted at

Now, this is embarrassing and I'm sure that it's an error on my part but I've tried several times now to add pages to my comic but, so far, I've managed only to post the first page. I've tried the 1-page-at-a-time technique according to instructions (and the 10-page-at-a-time method as well with no success. As I said, I did it as the instructions said, adding each page and then clicking "save and add more" as needed until done and then clicking "save" when finished. I keep getting the same result: "no pages added." What, if anything, am I doing wrong, here?

Posted at

hey I was wondering, does the site eat old Quackcasts? I was trying to listen to some and only a few work.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

@edinfresno - that's pretty bad. I cant seem to find your comic on the site to test the problem though??? :(

@Tantz - Hmm, that's a shame. Jacob at Wowio did say they might delete some old Quackcasts to same costs on the hosting for the podcast stuff… I came up with a cheaper better hosting solution and said we should archive them there, but never heard anything back about that issue. Which is 100% typical of all Wowio and Platinum communication whoever is in charge.
…so anyway, I didn't think any had been deleted.

Can you tell me which ones are no longer available?
I checked as far back as number40 and that one was still there.

Posted at

Hm they seem to be all working now. Maybe it was a momentary glitch. I'll get back to you in case I don't find any.

Posted at

ok it looks like all the quackcasts from 1 to around 20 are gone. Basically no quackcast from 2010 is there, and that's a shame :( 

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Aw, those early ones were priceless! SOOooo awkward… Or the one where Skool and I did our first interview ever and it was with Amelius and EEnick and I was as drunk as anything hahahahaha! Classic :)

Or the one were we interview Lawrence and other Wowio peeps and it's all about promising how the site is gonna be better than ever when the new version comes up ^__^
Good times.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.