Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

The duck's 12 step program. Post here if you found a bug/design error.

Posted at

ugh.
There were a couple good ones in there, though!

MrTT
MrTT
Posted at

This comic loads nothing
http://www.drunkduck.com/Innate_Blasphemy/
Last time I had it working was before the last major database migration. It is most likely on hiatus so it never got noticed that it failed to migrate properly. I have actually seen several comics that do that.

MrTT
MrTT
Posted at

Thanks for the clarification. But if a comic has been deleted then going to its page should forward me to a "this comic has been deleted" page not to an empty white page.
Furthermore, some deleted comics forward me to www.drunkduck.com while others give me a white page at their address (aka www.drunkduck.com/name). This inconsistency should be addressed as well.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yep, one of the many. :(
I think the difference is based on "soft" deletions VS "hard" deletions.  -Soft can still be recovered.

gammarad
gammarad
Posted at

the email address contact is at is wrong

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

:
Remote host said: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. [RCPT_TO]

The error message when you try to reset your password displays your username and password because Python / Django is set to Debug mode.

It gives out way too much information about your system as well as giving out usernames and passwords for any email entered.

Things like:

DATABASES

{'default': {'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2',
'HOST': '192.168.167.22',
'NAME': 'drunkduck',
'OPTIONS': {},
'PASSWORD': '********************',
'PORT': '5432',
'TEST_CHARSET': None,
'TEST_COLLATION': None,
'TEST_MIRROR': None,
'TEST_NAME': None,
'TIME_ZONE': 'America/Los_Angeles',
'USER': 'drunkduck'}}

And this one with a password like thing in plaintext:

code

resp

'5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: PDg3OTYwMzcxMTUxNTIzNjEuMTM0NjgxNDEzN0BzbXRwOS5yZWxheS5kZncxYT4='

authmethod

'CRAM-MD5'

AUTH_PLAIN

'PLAIN'

self

encode_cram_md5

user

'support@drunkduck.com'

authlist

['PLAIN', 'LOGIN', 'CRAM-MD5', 'PLAIN', 'LOGIN', 'CRAM-MD5']

preferred_auths

['CRAM-MD5', 'PLAIN', 'LOGIN']

AUTH_LOGIN

'LOGIN'

password

'G00d(the rest of it was here but I deleted for your own safety)'

AUTH_CRAM_MD5

'CRAM-MD5'

method

'CRAM-MD5'

encode_plain

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Wow, looks horific! How did you get to that screen?
Thanks for reporting it, I'd like to forward that on to WOWIO ASAP and hopefully theyll pay someone to fix it. That is a supermassive hole!

Posted at

[p]I just went into this forum because a relative of mine lost her password and can't recover it. I think she has a similar problem to the one gammarad described one post above.[/p]
[p]I tried it from my own computer as well, and got the same large error screens both on Firefox and on Chrome. It is titled:[/p]
[p]SMTPAuthenticationError at /user/reset/[/p]
[p](535, '5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: PDMwOTg1MjMzMTcwMDQ1OTMuMTM0Njk0Njk4N0BzbXRwMzIucmVsYXkuZGZ3MWE+')[/p]   

[p]and among much else it says (at the bottom) You're seeing this error because you have DEBUG = True in your Django settings file. Change that to False, and Django will display a standard 500 page.
[/p]
[p] That was vaguely familiar, because I know Django is a character from a few 1960s Italian B-westerns. Still, I'm a bit puzzled how he could be involved here.[/p]

[p]While it didn't send her an email, it seems to have reset her password, though, because I thought I knew it from when she last asked me for help.[/p]

[p]Is there any way to recover it?[/p]

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

PQ me the details and I'll set up a new password in the system for her, as soon as I know the account name. :)

wickumn
wickumn
Posted at

IT ARE NOT LETTING POST AVATAR PICTARE 
WHAT DO

Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
PQ me the details and I'll set up a new password in the system for her, as soon as I know the account name. :)
Thank you. I just did so. :)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I've PQed you back Paul :)

wickumn wrote:
IT ARE NOT LETTING POST AVATAR PICTARE 
WHAT DO

Hi Wick. Try changing the format- i.e. if it's a jpg, try png etc. :)

Gunwallace
Gunwallace
Posted at

Lately when I post a page TWO duplicate pages are posted. Not all the time, but often.  Also the page gives me a disconection error when posting, but still posts anyway. 

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Are you double clicking the submit botton or using the back button at any time during the submission?
I have to ask this stuff to rule out the variables.

Gunwallace
Gunwallace
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Are you double clicking the submit botton or using the back button at any time during the submission?
I have to ask this stuff to rule out the variables.
Nope.
I click once … it seems to hang up, I get a connection was reset (your connection to te server was reset) error, and when I go back in I find there are two copies of the page posted.  (I'm using Firefox on a Mac, in case you want to make fun of that :-).)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Skoolmunkee's advice would be to use Chrome. :)

I have no suggestions appart from the Chrome thing or to clear your cache and cookies… Neither is ideal. Obviously you can just keep doing what you're doing and delete the duplicate after, but that's not cool either.

Well I'll just have to put this in an email to Jacob at Wowio along with the ongoing pasword reset problem and the non-sending up email updates.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Farkin hell…………………………………………. >_<
Thank you for bringing it to my attention Niccea.

This is more than I can handle, I'm going to ask Skool to help me on it.
I really, really don't want to deal with this.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

OK, it looks like Jacob at Wowio is handling it so that's cool :)

Niccea, if anyone comes to you with this issue and can't get into DD to fix it, please advise them to go to the DD Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/DrunkDuckcomics) and send a message to the admin there (me), or email me directly and I will do what I can (ozoneocean at yahoo dot com)

They need, need, NEEEEED to give me the name of the account with the problem though.

I can't tell you how many ninnys have come along and told me about the promlems they're having and never ever mentioned the account name.

Posted at

I am a bit unclear on what should be posted here and what should be posted in the Help forum, but let's try here first.
When I list my Favourites some comics have no Last Update date.  If a comic has entered this state, it will remain so even if new updates are posted.
Among my current favourites, these are affected:
Amazon Moon
L I L
Springfield Tales
Rainbow Under The Sun

Amazon Moon has only one page is therefore a good place to start finding out what is going on.

Stig Hemmer

Posted at

Yes, I've seen that too. I've got a couple of comics in my favorites that do that. I was never able to figure it out, myself. I'll have a closer look though, I'm sure I didn't investigate too thoroughly yet.

AshenSkye
AshenSkye
Posted at

I didn't see this mentioned in the first post, so I guess it's safe to mention it now…

I'm having an odd problem customizing link color and it extends beyond using Firefox. I'll enter the color for the links, click on save, and it'll look fine. But as soon as I click on "Deactivate Edit Mode" it reverts back to the old color. If I click on "Activate Color Mode" again, either the correct color will show or the edit box will show that color is already in place.

I've tried doing a hard refresh and cache clearing to make sure it's not my computer. Tried different browsers. I haven't tried changing the link colors to other parts of the page because I don't think there should be some kind of bleed over that's causing the problem.

AshenSkye
AshenSkye
Posted at

Dark blue, #033C63. The brown from my last theme doesn't show up too well.

Posted at

Hmm. I just went to your page and tried to change it and it doesn't work for me either. I went to my test account and tried to change the link color there and it doesn't work either. So it looks like it's a site-wide thing. I'll add it to the list of 'small stuff' which hopefully might get fixed sooner rather than later.

Sorry, there's nothing I can do. :/ I can see most of your other links have images, maybe it would be best in your case to create images for the links like Poll?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.