Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
KLSanchez
KLSanchez
Posted at

I've been playing a little Killer Instinct 64 lately, and I kept thinking it'd be pretty cool if there was a DDCW fighting game. Imagine, people throwing scissors and chairs at each other… screaming guitar solo combo finishers…

I also keep thinking it'd be pretty cool to see my avatar in action. =P Dual swords, pistols, shotguns, a throwing move system where I'd use my tail to windmill flip an opponent over and switch positions… I'd see my character as a cross between Jago and Fulgore, with the charging and spinning moves, uppercuts and kicks, and a Fulgore Plasma Slice-style uppercut finisher with that longblade I put in.

Alternately, if anyone remembers that Inuyasha fighting card game that Adult Swim had on their website a year or two ago, that'd be pretty cool to convert into, too. Easier and simpler, if there's no 3D-programming gurus anywhere in the audience. =P

Rina_ran
Rina_ran
Posted at

Ah, I've thought of how it would be like if many of my favorite comics were made into games. Sometimes I try to watch my own comics in my head run though an RPG like system….if not like a movie.

A fighting platform would really suit CW. A variety of characters to choose out of with all kinds of techniques. Would you say that Zac and Riot should be starter characters or special ones that you have to play through to unlock?

Instead of Killer Instict (though the game rocks), I can see it more like Super Smash Bros with blood. Gotta add blood… Items fall from the sky that you can use, more characters out on the feild at a time. There can be double or even triple teaming.

Yeah, 'tis a fun thought.

KLSanchez
KLSanchez
Posted at

Oh, I'd be putting all kinds of wrestling moves in there if there were falling weapons… chairs, guitars… grab a chair and do a Van Daminator on somebody's face… grab a 'tar and go Jeff Jarrett on someone's head… a table falls down and sets up and you powerbomb somebody off in it…

That'd be pretty sicktight. XD

Posted at

I've been thinking about this too. I'd be a nice addition to the Games area because there's nothing that simular. Unfortunately I think they'll only be able to make a few characters available to stop it taking to much time and being too big.

KLSanchez
KLSanchez
Posted at

This's where I think the card game route would be nice. Once you get the engine set up, the rest is just plugging in the extras: art, backgrounds, characters. It could be made expandable, perhaps even playable offline as a standalone executable. Base it on the Quake/Doom id Software idea of a core engine and expandable components, and I think it could be done simply enough.

Posted at

A video game would be fantastic:D. Pocket Fighter style Zac and Riot XD!!!!

Zac
Zac
Posted at

MUGEN guys.

Seriously. You can make it happen.

Go look up MUGEN on Google.
It's pretty simple!

MAKE A GAME!

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

MUGEN guys.

Seriously. You can make it happen.

Go look up MUGEN on Google.
It's pretty simple!

MAKE A GAME!

I was going to say that.

I also recommend Beats of Rage for a single arcade beat 'em up.

Posted at

Coding… *shudders* I've never been good at this stuff. Seeing as I've downloaded it though I'll give it a go.

So confusing T_T

KLSanchez
KLSanchez
Posted at

I've tried my hand at coding, and I'm not good at it. :( Otherwise I would get started… although the way things are going at the moment, I wouldn't have the time to commit to it, anyway.

CALLING ALL CODERS! CALLING ALL CODERS! DICK CODER REPORT TO DD FORUMS STAT!

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Eh, my brother gave me his old version of Multimedia Fusion. I've made games on it before, but fighting games never turn out right. If I could find a decent fusion fighting game engine or tutorial, it'd be cake. Right now, the best I could do is a simple beat-em-up.

Posted at

Reading this, it seems like it is easy to implement. We'll see then.

Game Maker has its own coding language, it's meant to be simple but…

I've always found it easier to make simplistic puzzle games with that program.

FreakGamer
FreakGamer
Posted at

Game Maker has its own coding language, it's meant to be simple but…

I've always found it easier to make simplistic puzzle games with that program.

I have programed a few games in my time and let me tell you it is only slightly fun. Lines and lines and lines of code. Of course most of my better games have been with using Visual Basic. But for this project sorry guys I won't be any help.

TheTopHat
TheTopHat
Posted at

I cant code to save my life. but i love this idea and no poeple whu can code…

*potting*

All ask around see if i can get anyone to do a lot of work of nothing. It wove a try

Posted at

Anyone had much luck making this? I'm still struggling with the very basics T_T

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have the answer.

http://www.lf2.net/

You're about to create your own characters here, even though its not open source. But the creators are cool with it. After all, it's freeware.

The tutorial of creating characters is here.

Posted at

Seems a lot simpler than mugen, after my exams might give this one a shot.

Posted at

I now present the 1st DD Civil War game:

…probably not what you had in mind. Though technically I am the only one to actually make any sort of DD Civil War game so yay me!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.