Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Oh another thought, probably an obvious one…probably.
Anyways, if you're hurting for people to help you do the content, I'm positive there's those amongst the ranks of the Civil War and otherwise who'll be more than glad to help pitch in on content delivery. That way you're not doing all the heavy lifting yourself (unless you want to, but that's neither here nor there).
I'd help you myself but I'm kinda stretched thin as it is right now.

Posted at

Anyways, if you're hurting for people to help you do the content, I'm positive there's those amongst the ranks of the Civil War and otherwise who'll be more than glad to help pitch in on content delivery. That way you're not doing all the heavy lifting yourself (unless you want to, but that's neither here nor there).

Well, it's not that so much as that… well… I don't know the program, it's inherently complex, and I'm learning nothing from any material I can find on it. They don't have any "basic" guides… anywhere… at least that I can find.

Posted at

I wish i could help, but i don't know jack about programing.

To those still interested in using Mugen, i found a site with tutorials and resources available.

give me a ring if you are interested.

I'm yer guy, man. Hook me up if you've got something… here or a PQ… whatever suits you.
Anyways, once I learn a bit about the program, I'm going to see if I can't get a team together to help with the stuff I can't do myself, like music, stage designs, ect… so if anyone wants in, let me know, and we can find a job for you. <3

Red Slayer
Red Slayer
Posted at

To those still interested in using Mugen, i found a site with tutorials and resources available.

I'm yer guy, man. Hook me up if you've got something… here or a PQ… whatever suits you.
Anyways, once I learn a bit about the program, I'm going to see if I can't get a team together to help with the stuff I can't do myself, like music, stage designs, ect… so if anyone wants in, let me know, and we can find a job for you. <3

You will need:
An artist, to draw and design backgrounds.
And for drawing the characters and the moves.

A spriter that knows about animating, for obvious reasons.

A musician, production value =D.

A programmer or a monkey.

At least from what i can gather.

Posted at

You will need:
An artist, to draw and design backgrounds.
And for drawing the characters and the moves.

A spriter that knows about animating, for obvious reasons.

A musician, production value =D.

A programmer or a monkey.

At least from what i can gather.

I can do character art and the move designs, as well as the behind-the-scenes stuff. I won't need a programmer if I use a utility like Fighter Factory, either. It basically comes down to the production-value frills, as ya said: Music, level design, and so on.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

I could definitely use a spot of help when it comes to drawing backgrounds. I suck both digitally and on paper in that respect and I could always use things like title and cut scene art. And the whole music thing. Ooh, and I'd love to get my hands on some nice, unlicensed music to use, preferably in midi form so that every level isn't filled with Mambo #5 or the theme from Beverly Hills Cop.

Posted at

I could definitely use a spot of help when it comes to drawing backgrounds. I suck both digitally and on paper in that respect and I could always use things like title and cut scene art. And the whole music thing. Ooh, and I'd love to get my hands on some nice, unlicensed music to use, preferably in midi form so that every level isn't filled with Mambo #5 or the theme from Beverly Hills Cop.

Are you planning on making a profit from this? If not you can put it down to a student/art project and that'll give you a little more leeway at least on the music you can use.

Anyways, what kind of backgrounds/content assistance are you looking for? Best way to get volunteers is to just put it out there.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Not trying to make a profit, I just have problems finding decent music in midi form that isn't goofy or annoying although the two I mention are ones that I actually like, but can drive a man insane when heard repeatedly on a loop. Eh, maybe it is a problem of genre.

For backgrounds, well for the beat 'em up levels I'm thinking like city streets, a warehouse, rooftops… just urban locales. Maybe backgrounds panels of a city that can repeat over to the next, but a couple of them for each stage so it doesn't look too Tom and Jerry with a separately drawn street. Maybe some like barrels and crates and objects like that you see in beat-em-ups.

For the blaster/shooter levels I'd do best to have a top down view of the same kind of areas.

For the speed level I just need basically two panels of a street facing forward as if you're running down it. Maybe a couple of cars and other vehicles from a front or back view.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

I'm devoting this week to working on my game! I ended up simplifying it's cast to just a flyer, a bruiser and a blaster; namely, Psycho, Mr. Riot and D.Rose once I get permission from them all to use their likeness. Myself too of course, though as previously stated, I'm not playable in game, just on the tutorials and on the Heads Up Display. I am getting somewhere though. I've got a programmer and as soon as I get done making something for the characters to fight, you'll get a little game demo. Heck, if the entire thing goes south, you'll at least get a nice little sprite movie.

Posted at

Fantastic!

Posted at

I'm devoting this week to working on my game! I ended up simplifying it's cast to just a flyer, a bruiser and a blaster; namely, Psycho, Mr. Riot and D.Rose once I get permission from them all to use their likeness. Myself too of course, though as previously stated, I'm not playable in game, just on the tutorials and on the Heads Up Display. I am getting somewhere though. I've got a programmer and as soon as I get done making something for the characters to fight, you'll get a little game demo. Heck, if the entire thing goes south, you'll at least get a nice little sprite movie.

Holy Cow man you used MY character in it?! I didn't see that coming, I was just scrolling trough the forums and I saw this, you Hero are awesome!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.