Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Hero
Hero
Posted at

Brothers and sisters, they cannot take away our annonymity, they cannot rob us of our unique and quirky nicknames, not when some people's real names are Percy and Aster. All the Orangellos and Daishiquaqans need a way to escape, to relieve themselves of the evil of bad names. Myself, why my surname is a woman's name! I dreaded going to Gym when the coach would yell out "Florence!" over and over when referring to me. I'm not going to let that resume. I make plea to you my fellow artists, my fellow writers, that you cast off the shackles of oppression and liberate yourselves! No more do we take it from the man! No more do we eat what we are served. Riot stands for a new Drunkduck, a Drunkduck where nobody will say, "Hey, your name is Joshua?" or "Florence, that's a pretty name." And what of us who have common names. I do not want to be lost among the myriads of Joshuas in the world. I am unique! I am an indiviual! I chose this name to represent my unique love of inventing, creativity and comic books and I will not have it stripped from me without a fight.

No sir. My name is no longer Joshua Florence.
My name is HERO and this millitant brother is with Riot. Can you dig it?! Can your mom dig it?

(I love making irrelevant millitaristic speeches. This civil-war is gonna rock!)

Posted at

While I enjoy my given name it's so…COMMON! Everywhere I turn there's a Casey Robinson here, or a Casey Robinson there. I wander the land in search of a town without a Casey Robinson, but alas, I have yet to find one. I can find no peace or individuality with my given name.

My username, on the other paw, lets me express my indivuality and gives me the lone identity I crave.

I declare it loud and proud! I stand with Mr. Riot and the freedom he represents!

Hero
Hero
Posted at

That's right my sister in arms. Seize your unique and creative nickname. Preach it in the streets. Today you are not a faceless member of the masses, today you are Generic Human!

Greenbot
Greenbot
Posted at

Greenbot Is all the way with Riot. Activating Circular Saw Bzzz nooww…!

Hero
Hero
Posted at

A-Men. They're even forcing it on our Robotic brothers. I feel your pain. I feel your need to destroy illogical fleshbags who cause you this pain, brother. I'm proud, that you a strong man of metal are standing with us. On us, no, with us.

Posted at

Despite popular beleif,Jim has NOTHING to do with my real name,and I will not be robbed of it. RIOT FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!FOR SPARTA!…Oh…wait…

Oh,and Zac has a Soul Patch Beard. Riot has a whole SOUL QUILT.

Draco109
Draco109
Posted at

I will draw to the death of my right hand AND KEEP DRAWING TILL MY LEFT HAND IS DEAD TOO! then I'll get some ice and DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN! FOR THE RIOT!!!!

Hero
Hero
Posted at

That's right, brothers in arms. Join the Riot. For it's our individual freedoms at stake. Your freedom to be unique, to be you to be "HotGrll 99" your freedom to be "ShadoTheHedghog". Why, our founding fathers created this site as a Free Webcomic Host. By the very nature, it's about freedom. Freedom to make what kind of comic you choose, freedom to put what rating you want and, by gum, there should be freedom to choose who you are! If they strip us of this basic right, who knows what they could do next. Make us wear funny hats? Make us all write comics about cinnamon buns and puppies? Heck, Comic Genesis would never let us live that down. That's why we draw the line in the sand here. Take up pencil, take up pen and ink and colored pencil and marker and maybe even digital graphic program and fight!

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Well the short answer is, it's rather abrupt and there doesn't seem to be a kind way to give nickname to someone designated as Aster without long contemplation and several charts.

Posted at

…I'm still not on the "I'm With Riot" list D:

Oh well.I fight anyways!

Zac
Zac
Posted at

Jim. I'm on that now.

Fixed ;)

Edit: Oh dear lord, I feel like I just abused Volte's catch phrase thing.
here's what I should've said.

KERFIXETHED! >:(

Darwin
Darwin
Posted at

You know how many Denise's there are just in the United States? holy crap 1.3 million plus!

'Sides what is the use of getting onto a device that practically begs for anonimity and then going with your GIVEN name?

I mean its like Halloween all year round! Lets stick with our creative natures and continue to live by our alias'!

Fight for your right to RI-OT!

LOL!

LATER!

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

This time of the Geek is here!

TheTopHat
TheTopHat
Posted at

Riot you have my assentent.

Know is not the time where are fedom to chose are own names sell be taken.
We sell fight. And we sell win.

okay im not as good at this as Hero but hay it had to be done!

Hero
Hero
Posted at

If this were Marvel, my adjective would be loquacious, I suppose.

Good to see so many friends take up arms, take up legs, fingers, toes and other spindly appendages against the coming oppression. For it is only when we stand together as a solid, that we truly are Solid. Solid like a rock. A steady foundation of awesomenymity that spans this funkadellic continent we call Drunkduck. For waves, they crash upon the rocks and drift back into sea as this new wave, this new jack swings against us, only to be washed away! I stand proud today to see such a fine collection of comic artists and writers and whatever else you consider yourself that's relevant to comics, y'know producer…promoter…inker…penciler…the guy who does that thing with the….y'know what I'm talking about. We're a great collection of stuff that shall triumph against the not-so-great collection of things rallying against us.

sinic
sinic
Posted at

My actual name was stolen years before my birth by a restaurant in Nottingham, UK. If I were to use it on the forums I would be forced to deal with people mistakenly coming up to me asking for beer… and it's MY beer, damn it.

That and Riot rocks the beard as well. Have to respect that.

MrRiot
MrRiot
Posted at

My actual name was stolen years before my birth by a restaurant in Nottingham, UK. If I were to use it on the forums I would be forced to deal with people mistakenly coming up to me asking for beer… and it's MY beer, damn it.

That and Riot rocks the beard as well. Have to respect that.

I always say, "The beard commands respect"

The Author
The Author
Posted at

When I was born, a boring name was given to me by my boring parents.

While living I trangressed through several different ak's… Angelus, Turialim, Vampyr…

And then I picked The Author.

I now live as a reminder to all webcomic readers that people who insert themselves into their own comics don't always do sprites comics.
In fact I fight the injustice that are sprite comics that always use the same poses, crappy speechbubbles and saved as .JPGs!

With Riot I shall stand, and I shall fall protecting Riot!

Posted at

Silence to all my name is my own,
from the land of rainbows and men do i roam,
an alias I have devised too crude yet guile,
mikey the black mantis, so simply complex,
ready to make you stand on perplexed.
my real name illegal in fifteen states,
to reaveal it here and i will surely pay a visit to the pearly white gates.

To riot, you have my sword and blaster, to our enemies this i have to say…
we will not vanish into the night…we will not go without a fight! we're going to live on! we're going to survive! Today, is our independance day!

LONG LIVE RIOT! LONG LIVE THE NEW WEB ORDER!

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Silence to all my name is my own,
from the land of rainbows and men do i roam,
an alias I have devised too crude yet guile,
mikey the black mantis, so simply complex,
ready to make you stand on perplexed.
my real name illegal in fifteen states,
to reaveal it here and i will surely pay a visit to the pearly white gates.

To riot, you have my sword and blaster, to our enemies this i have to say…
we will not vanish into the night…we will not go without a fight! we're going to live on! we're going to survive! Today, is our independance day!

LONG LIVE RIOT! LONG LIVE THE NEW WEB ORDER!

Actually….it's protecting the old web order.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Semantics, my alien compatriot, semantics. For him, what is old seems new and a fresh perspective is always welcome. Nice poem.

Posted at

Our right to make up lame screen names that only perpetuate the stereotype that we are awesome must be upheld at all costs!!! Allow me to quote Captain America quoting Mark Twain:

"If you alone of all the Nation shall decide one way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have done your duty by yourself and by your country. Hold your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of."

MrRiot
MrRiot
Posted at

Our right to make up lame screen names that only perpetuate the stereotype that we are awesome must be upheld at all costs!!! Allow me to quote Captain America quoting Mark Twain:

"If you alone of all the Nation shall decide one way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have done your duty by yourself and by your country. Hold your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of."

The internet was founded on the principle that we be able to stand up for what we believe in…and part of what we believe in is to make silly new names for ourselves called "screen names". This is something we'll fight for, no matter the consequences. When the mods, and the admins, and everyone who joined Zac tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself…like a tree…beside the river of the internet and say, "No. YOU move."

Excellent choice, CoryTheTerrible. I was just re-reading that issue this morning.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.