Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Neon, that'll do nicely :)

Thank you :), and I have been tinkering with that female character you wanted..still working on a design, but it might help you out :D

Hero
Hero
Posted at

These three guys appear on pages 14 and 15.

There's Spike(left) who has the ability to fire a concussive needle like energy projection from his eyes.

Jack of all Trades(Middle) has the ability to mimic any physical task he witnesses and retain it for future use.

And Icebox(Right) had the ability to keep the ringleader's beer and sammiches cold inside his man-fridge until he messed up his settings one day, delivered warm beer and was subsequently put on active combat duty despite his lack of useful powers. He might have standard above average strength, agility and endurance that most metas get when their powers activate, but who can really say?

ZananIV
ZananIV
Posted at

Maybe Neon should be able to absorb energy as well. There are a handful of energy users on the team. It could be an interesting challenge for them, I think. But then again, maybe energy absorption wouldn't work for his role in the story/personality.

Posted at

These guys are so campy, they deserve their own comic someday XD

MrHades
MrHades
Posted at

Thank you :), and I have been tinkering with that female character you wanted..still working on a design, but it might help you out :D

Any news on that Character? Got to start drawing her asap.

Posted at

Any news on that Character? Got to start drawing her asap.

Got it

Name: Vyrus

She can hack any electronic device and can control it. I didn't know which style she should be so I did two different looks for her.

1) Robotic look

2) Human with cyborg implements

Please choose which you prefer :)

MrHades
MrHades
Posted at

sux: Got it

Posted at

References for Issue # 4 "Skin Deep" (a.k.a. fanservice chapter)

Heroes to appear:

Relik (as Brad Stone in all his celebrity glory),
Bombshell,
Vora,
Titan,
Bleeder
and Virtus.

Minor role additions:

-SHELL (as Masao Kimura, as limo driver 1)
-Amalgam (as ____ Wiles, I don't know his first name, as limo driver 2)
-Dr. Destiny (not undercover)

Reinforcements:
-Blue Jay
-Azumorph
-Impractical Mr. Imp

Artists involved:
Fukujinzuke,
Abt_Nihil,
Tempest_Lavalle,
lustyJin,
Sebastian_Sandberg,
MrHades,
Guest Artist

Recommended reading:
–> Storyboarding the Simpsons Way (it's a 15-pager that can change the way you plan your panels' shots. Granted it's for tv, but the concepts of camera positioning apply for comics too.)

Writer:
Fukujinzuke
(with Epilogue by SympleSymon)

References to date (more to come):

The Limos

The Spa Front Exterior

The Spa Lobby

The Spa Poolside

The Spa Mudbaths

The Spa Hallways

The Spa Massage Room

Brad's Room

The Spa Security Control Room

The Secret Lab

Ms. Ari (the villainous mastermind, co-created by AzuJOD and Fukujinzuke)

Ms. Ari's golden gun (glock 9mm pistol) and ammo

Ms. Ari's cronies: Harpy Cronies (all female; can have multiple variations, since there's a bunch of them)

Crony Collar, Ms. Ari's mind-control device:

Lustra (seducer of Brad Stone)

Mambo

Side effect of Ms. Ari's alterations may include psychotic, homicidal tendancies…

Titan's poolside outfit (note: She'll be covered in flesh-colored body paint to disguise her skin's real color):

Vora/Sarah outift:

Aria/Bombshell outfits:

Romey/Bleeder outfits:

Brad Stone outfit: (give him white sneakers)

Virtus/Seb poolboy outfit:

Amalgam:

This list is also on the Issue's primary thread.

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

I have a question regarding Heroes Alliance but not necessarily any specific storyline. I was just curious if there was any kind of identifying mark like a letter head, a special communicator, badge, what not for those who officially joined the alliance? The main reason being that if Wireless can fit into any of the story lines I'd love to have it followed by me drawing a comic for his main story where it shows him holding such an item letting people know "Yes he does have ties with Heroes Alliance despite Canada's current hatred to the meta humans" (Yes Canada's about to go into absolute turmoil and wage war against the meta menace) It's pretty important to me that I somehow show that Wireless is a member of Heroes Alliance as I'd also love to do a teamup with someone to take down his nemesis Shock as Wireless isn't strong enough to do it on his own… Anyways, that's my question. Hope this is the right topic to post it in :P

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I was just curious if there was any kind of identifying mark like a letter head, a special communicator, badge, what not for those who officially joined the alliance?
Certainly a communicator, and probably a teleportation device… we haven't seen those yet though.

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

Certainly a communicator, and probably a teleportation device… we haven't seen those yet though.

cool. Well I'll keep an eye out for if there ever is a solid design for it… I never actually noticed that they had teleportation before… probably just a mind blank on my part

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I never actually noticed that they had teleportation before… probably just a mind blank on my part
You'll see it at the end of this chapter (#3). It doesn't get explained in this chapter though… it's caused me some headaches, since if everyone's got a teleportation device and can use it any time, there's hardly anything that would still have to be done the traditional way. People would teleport all the time! :p

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

it's caused me some headaches, since if everyone's got a teleportation device and can use it any time, there's hardly anything that would still have to be done the traditional way. People would teleport all the time! :p

I was actually just thinking of that the other day. I guess you could always use certain fail safes though like it's unreliable or can only be used so many times so they prefer to use it only when they absolutely have to, or dangerous if you use it too frequently. I guess if someone could invent a teleporter someone else could invent a device to scatter the signal so you can't teleport too close if they want privacy

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

I guess you could always use certain fail safes though like it's unreliable or can only be used so many times so they prefer to use it only when they absolutely have to, or dangerous if you use it too frequently.

There could also be someone who gets motion sickness after using the teleporter.

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

There could also be someone who gets motion sickness after using the teleporter.

That could actually be hilarious to play off of =D

Hero
Hero
Posted at

References for Going Green/Seeing Red or National Disasters

The Ecotist, I imagined the guy being tanned and having blonde hair with just a tint of green to it. Also, built like a tree.

Crime Warp, I imagined him being more of an average looking guy. Plus he provides a nice contrast for Ecotist.

The Grand Canyon

Mt Everest

The Adda River

Mt Rushmore

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I wonder what the teleportation effect looks like in Going Green/Seeing Red/whatever. Is it a straight teleport (a la Star Trek teleporters) or portal-based? What does the effect look like when used (such as, if it's portals, what do the portals look like, or is it's straight, does the effect look like Star Trek, Nightcrawler, a flash of light, etc.)?

Hero
Hero
Posted at

As far as I recall or have been under the impression, the HA's teleport system make you glowwy and white and disappears you. Crime Warps would probably be black with gold swirls and glowwy and disappear you.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I'm going with white glow for HA, and doing a sidestep in Crime Warp's case, as he is only starting to teleport in my last panel.

But that leads me to my next question: does Crime Warp touch his talisman to teleport, or just think and it works? That would be helpful information for my last panel.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Nah, I'm thinking as long as it's on his person, it's kinda a mental thing.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

With my script, I have a few references down that weren't there before, but I think I should ask for some help with others. I can probably do some of them, but I still would want a bit of help, especially as I am not good at drawing locations.

References still needed:
The Spatulator (I can draw it, but also would love to see if others are willing to design him. He's the only hero without a reference)

The minister and couple (the other characters without references. I have a friend who I think I'll ask if she wants to be portrayed as the minister, since she is an ordained minister, but the couple is still very much up in the air)

The church: exterior, "lobby" and main room (I could try and get references, but I really can't draw a church, and I don't know what photos I might be able to grab)

Heroes Alliance meeting room at their headquarters (this one is likely simple, but still is a needed reference, I think)

Heroes Alliance jet interior (yes, they have a jet in my story. I guess I was thinking of the X-Men and the Avengers with that bit of it. Another likely simple reference, but needed)

Bank exterior and, maybe, interior (the interior only shows up on one page, but you never know what references people might want)

Any suggestions from people? If some have already started their pages, I would love to know how they have depicted what's there. I definitely need the reference for the main room of the church as soon as I can, because I do have an artist for the double-page splash, but he wants that reference, which is understandable.

Edited to add:
I found some pictures of church interiors off of Google Images that I think might work kind of well for the main room. As you an see with them, I would prefer a church which is not a cathedral, but then again, a cathedral would better accomodate the fights, so I guess you give and get. What do you think? The photos are linked below.

Picture 1, picture 2, picture 3, picture 4, picture 5

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

I got a good idea for The Spatulator, if you like.

As for the church interiors, I like the third one best. It's got a nice modern look.

While I'm at it, I got a new design for HUB.

I also think her chair needs a new design, maybe something with plasma cannons that flip out from behind.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.