Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Eric_blitz wrote:
I think it should be important to note this isnt a super villan team, just anti heroes. Think of a team of Deadpools and Wolverines. They arnt evil, they just arnt afraid to blow up a building to get to the bad guy (which–is why I think Cat-Kid will leave considering he vaules all life).
I also had another idea, I think leading up to this project, we should have maybe 5 page ministories about how each character joins the team. Maybe their leader (I'm not sure who yet, but I'm thinking some sort of business man, maybe someone looking to profit after their destrustion) tests each member, and then approches them after completeing their test, offering them membership. I think it would just be intresting and good promotion for the storyline.
The villains I meant was Desperado - maybe some other villains would be cool. That way there's a mix between those anti-heroes and actual villains. My only issue with the 5-page thing is that I would rather have War's introduction be in the comic itself - as he would probably be reluctant.
Do you think this team should work for the government? Or another organisation which is very secretive (like HU) - which could then appear in HA as possible future villains? Archangel and Fury could be on this team.

Eric_blitz
Eric_blitz
Posted at

Well I've started work on Cat Kids 5 page story, so I just thought it would be fun for the other members but I suppose there could be some exceptions?
I think another secret orginazation could be cool. What about something like, the governement is trying to show how destructive superhumans can be?

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

I think this governmental like company could be alot more intriguing - they have superheroes on team so I don't think they'll be trying to say they're bad. But I have an idea already that they're a very dark and secretive - with perhaps a mysterious force leading them (which, when realised, causes members of the group to switch sides) - perhaps there could be a confrontation between this group and the HA?

Jules
Jules
Posted at

If this dark team does come to form, I'd love to throw Shadow Fox in this (especially being that he's already somewhat of a "mysterious dark hero" to begin with). If he doesn't fit well to be written in though, I'll just keep waiting until HA: Step 1 comes about.

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

Re: JOD incognito: This is an interesting angle. Maybe the reason he'sundercover is because he's had a rather crushing defeat at the hands of Azumorph and the Oz-Stars and needs to lay low for a while. It may also be the reason Ms. Ari was running a day spa.

If we're going with a government agency, I came up with an idea for one. It is called G.U.M. (Governmental Unit for Metahumans). It could be the Australian equivalent of MAPLE (from Wireless). The organisation could have different divisions for different thing. So far I thought of REDGUM for their basic military things, BLUEGUM for their science division, GHOSTGUM for supernatural thing and BLACKGUM for black ops. Those last two are probably the ones you're interested in.

Also, Abt mentioned earlier ZQ stealing a zombie virus. ZQ is a magic user
who prefers to raise the dead with necromancy. Normally she doesn't need a
zombie virus, but maybe if she plans to enchant the virus so the zombies it creates
are under her control, she'd be after the virus.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Generally: HA and this "darker" team should meet in act 3 of the Zombie Queen chapter. It's not gonna turn into a lengthy confrontation, but we could establish a tension that might be resolved in a confrontation in another chapter.

Jules: Right, thanks for the suggestion! It would be cool to have ShadowFox on the team.

AzuJOD: Glad you like the idea of using JOD. And thanks for the suggestions about this government agency! Regarding the virus, that was more of a place holder for now - as you pointed out, there'd have to be a more or less plausible way of explaining why she should need a virus for something her magic should be able to do. PIT_FACE suggested that ZQ rather steals some sort of mystical artefact, which I think makes more sense.

Koikoi
Koikoi
Posted at

Eric_blitz wrote:
Well I've started work on Cat Kids 5 page story, so I just thought it would be fun for the other members but I suppose there could be some exceptions?
I think another secret orginazation could be cool. What about something like, the governement is trying to show how destructive superhumans can be?
ironhand wrote:
I
think this governmental like company could be alot more intriguing -
they have superheroes on team so I don't think they'll be trying to say
they're bad. But I have an idea already that they're a very dark and
secretive - with perhaps a mysterious force leading them (which, when
realised, causes members of the group to switch sides) - perhaps there
could be a confrontation between this group and the HA?
Maybe to tie your two ideas in, it could be a team created by the
government. Though it wasn't organized to show how dangerous superhumans
are it seems to be the goal of their higher-ups. It then turns out that
the one in charge of the group doen't just answer to the government but
to something dark. I was thinking that maybe the one in charge would
seem like the nicest compared to their other higher-ups thoug it turns
out to be the contrary.By the way if the Dark Team still has space for
one, I would like to insert White Out. Her angermanagement problems,
snobishness and lack of ethics makes her somewhat of an anti-hero
although she is supposed to be a hero + she's just a dark character in
general. Well, its up to you guys weather you want to or not or if the
dark team even pushes through

Posted at

Since Crossed Wires was originally meant to be HA #7 (I *%)& up pretty bad) which story is currently set to come after Heroes Divided? And given, shastab24's comment, I thought that all issues after #6 are supposed to be post-Divided to avoid confusion?
Black Ops team - Maybe I've found my opening for Virtus to leave the team here…
EGO - I personally had this idea of EGO crashing to Earth and plowing through any defense in it's way… Only to reveal that the only reason it returned to Earth was due to saving a batch of alien eggs from the cold depths of space. Eggs that hatch into a harmless group of baby aliens that the HA team has to care for due to them imprinting on one of the HA members. So yeah, I pretty much ruined the twist now for any of our readers that frequent the forums.
Rogue U.N.C.A Sams - I might have an idea on just how the new U.N.C.A Sams goes berserk…
Fem-Island- Whatever we can come up with, it can't be worse than Amazons Attack. ;) On a related or perhaps unrelated note, I would enjoy seeing a "Girl's Night Out" issue… But then we'd have to do an "Men's Night Out" companion piece to even the scales.
The Extraordinare - How about blending this Extraordinare/undecided HA female deal with mine and sux's Siren/Virtus thing? We could make it a villainous game show!
Secret Identity Exposed - The thing is, which hero/heroine gets exposed, and does this come with long-term consequences or is it something that will be undone by the end of story through mental mindwipe or something like that? I would prefer to see such an event rattle up the personal status quo for the hero, rather than having everything go back to normal at the end.
What if - stories - Personally, I'll have to say no thanks. I feel that it's just distracting to spend time on such things rather than the main storyline. The exception being if we're delving into a multiverse, of course.
"Boy meets dog" - As long as the Dog and the Boy gets a happy ending, then I'm all up for it.
Given all the ideas we have with returning HU concepts (U.N.C.A Sam, Ego, Archangel, Fury) maybe we should dedicate most of "Season 2" to such stories? Or somehow just weave them all together a little closer?

Posted at

Boy Meets Dog- I'll make sure of it XD.

Posted at

I just caught up on this thread. Feel free to use Desperado any way you see fit.

Posted at

Who ever had the idea of the secret governmental black ops super hero team, I think Miltia would be perfect for it since he's already working for the government. Right now I'm working on a new redesign.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Now that Heroes Divided is wrapping up, it makes sense that from this point on Titan is not included as part of the team. Im planning development of her story in Energize: Stormfront and as HA#6 served as a clean breaking point it's easier all round if she has left the team.
As for Shastab24's issue, im not sure if Titan is planned in that and it looks like it is set prior to the events of HA#6? Anyway, if she IS in it and it ends up being set AFTER Heroes Divided then maybe just throw a line in where she mentions leaving or having left the team?

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Nepath wrote:
Now that Heroes Divided is wrapping up, it makes sense that from this point on Titan is not included as part of the team. Im planning development of her story in Energize: Stormfront and as HA#6 served as a clean breaking point it's easier all round if she has left the team.
As for Shastab24's issue, im not sure if Titan is planned in that and it looks like it is set prior to the events of HA#6? Anyway, if she IS in it and it ends up being set AFTER Heroes Divided then maybe just throw a line in where she mentions leaving or having left the team?
I'm currently writing a ninja story which involved Titan, unfortunately. I'll snoop around the HA files and see who's got roughly the same powerset as her. It's a real shame I never got to write her.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

okay, so Abt and i came up with the "Hero Reform" idea for the Zombie Queen arcs he's currently working on and i think they've been mentioned here before but hell, im sure it's burried by now, so ill go over it again. there are some things i wanna run by everyone, since this is everybody's project and the Bones/Desperado side story i want to write involves some elements of  this hero reform idea. SO! this is the run down:
the Hero Reform is a government run agency who takes heroes, or at least superbeings who have, shall we say, fallen from grace (or maby were never even that wonderful to begin with) and tries to bring them back around to the straight and narrow through things like community service and what not.
what i wanna know, is would anyone be interested in having this secondary team continue after the arc? i think it could be interesting!

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Right! And maybe someone has a catchy name? "Hero reform" sounds more like an inofficial name :p

So the black ops team we're dealing with is probably composed of the hero reform guys, plus some ambiguous/darker heroes, plus any shady character willing to sell their soul…

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Abt_Nihil wrote:
Right! And maybe someone has a catchy name? "Hero reform" sounds more like an inofficial name :p

So the black ops team we're dealing with is probably composed of the hero reform guys, plus some ambiguous/darker heroes, plus any shady character willing to sell their soul…
Well if it's governmental maybe something sort of like Heroes Unite was. If it's governmental then how about: CAPE (Civilian Aid and Protection Enforcement) - and the black-ops is just the darker side of this organisation.
(I sent you a note regarding some of the things for my Ninja story abt, let me know what you think - I think I posted them on deviantart.)

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Abt_Nihil wrote:
Hm… I didn't get any note.
 I've resent it.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Too bad the name "Suicide Squad" is already taken.

So I'd assume the idea is like Suicide Squad, Secret Six, Thunderbolts, etc., just like Heroes Unite and Heroes Alliance are like Justice League, the Justice Society, the Avengers, and the like?

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Sebastian_Sandberg wrote:
How about "Heroes Atoners?"
"Strike-Force"?
What does everyone think about C.A.P.E?? (Civilin Aid and Protection Enforcement?)

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i like the idea of C.A.P.E. but it doesnt really get across the idea that this is a reform group, unless they'd be called that in order to put a spin on the organization so the heroes enroleld in it wouldnt feel so much like they were being babysat, then i could see it. 
Atoners could be fun in that i imagine some of the guys, at least the tough-ass ones would HATE to be called that,hahaha!
like there could be some uniform that goes with it too, or something they have to wear to indicate they're part of this group, like how community servicers who are paying back some sentance have to wear those orange jumpsuits. but maybe something not as obstructive as that if people still want their heroes' costumes to be seen well enough. maybe some sort of vest with the word "ATONER" on the back or whatever we end up using.
you know, this could also be the official name from the government, but they may also gain a sort of secondary name,something less official. or not, just thrownig some ideas around. i kinda of like Chain Gang a little bit.
you know, there could even be other things they could do, like the bulk of their hours would be spent protecting citizens and what not, but they could also have to do things like go to schools and talk to kids why they shouldnt become "super villains" and what not,hahaha!
and this being a part of Heroes Alliance, they should of corse have tie ins with HA. i mean, HA is about…Heroes' Alliance. the reform league probably shouldnt take a ton of the spotlight unless its necissary, but shit!hahaha! i just cant help myself, it sounds like such a deviously fun idea!

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

PIT_FACE wrote:
i like the idea of C.A.P.E. but it doesnt really get across the idea that this is a reform group, unless they'd be called that in order to put a spin on the organization so the heroes enroleld in it wouldnt feel so much like they were being babysat, then i could see it. 
Atoners could be fun in that i imagine some of the guys, at least the tough-ass ones would HATE to be called that,hahaha!
like there could be some uniform that goes with it too, or something they have to wear to indicate they're part of this group, like how community servicers who are paying back some sentance have to wear those orange jumpsuits. but maybe something not as obstructive as that if people still want their heroes' costumes to be seen well enough. maybe some sort of vest with the word "ATONER" on the back or whatever we end up using.
you know, this could also be the official name from the government, but they may also gain a sort of secondary name,something less official. or not, just thrownig some ideas around. i kinda of like Chain Gang a little bit.
you know, there could even be other things they could do, like the bulk of their hours would be spent protecting citizens and what not, but they could also have to do things like go to schools and talk to kids why they shouldnt become "super villains" and what not,hahaha!
and this being a part of Heroes Alliance, they should of corse have tie ins with HA. i mean, HA is about…Heroes' Alliance. the reform league probably shouldnt take a ton of the spotlight unless its necissary, but shit!hahaha! i just cant help myself, it sounds like such a deviously fun idea!
I meant CAPE being the government behind this team. The name of the time, however, I'm not sure of. Strike Force?
I'm also looking for it. I think that maybe, this could be like what HA was with HU, and spins out of it to become it's own thing eventually - even if it is a mini-series or not as long etc.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.