Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

All right - so if there's no good reason for having two shape-shifters in the same story we'll take Azumorph and introduce Mr Imp later on. Wes_Nero123 will have one of his characters appear in the pilot either way.

Posted at

The Heroes become the Villains?

for Peligroso joining…Secret :P

I like the idea about the golden age universe style storyline.

I kinda have this rough idea of story. Ok imagine a sick scientist creates a machine that re-animates the dead, and what would a sick scientist do with it? why not re-animate dead super villains and heroes, I mean that in itself is very morbid and dark, if Acrobat ever showed up in HA or anything like that, could you imagine him having to fight a mind controlled re-animated corpse of Blackhawk?

the other has to do with some hitmen trying to take everyone out and us trying to solve who is trying to kill us.

How and why Azumorph joins the team:

Bombshell (or whoever) approaches Azumorph to join the team, but Azumorph initial refuses on the grounds that he is perfectly fine to keep working for the government, and that vigilante groups end up causing more trouble than they’re worth. He quickly has a change of heart when he is reminded of how he helped out with the EGO incident despite not having any governmental backing and not even being from a NATO nation. He then might say something like “I guess we should worry less about red tape and more about saving the [bloody] World”

Another thing about Azumorph, where Bombshell is all for changing the status quo, Azumorph is more about preserving it. He thinks that if the heroes get rid of all the villains, what happens next?

Posted at

My bad. This is where the update should have gone.

I have now sent a draft script for part 1 of the pilot to Abt_Nihil. Expect an update soon.

Posted at

I feel really weird about this, but it's funny how some of these echo closely with my plans for Relik, and HU…!

(1) Relik - only it would be a preacher or self-help guru who actually DOES hypnotise with his own eyes (that rhymed!)

As Abt mentioned, yes I am currently in the process of planning and writing a 'Villains Unite' epic :P But I'm not currently sure if Nepath wants it for HU or if it could go here - if it's the latter then that would definetely be better as the length would fit better into a few 'episodes' than in one short-ass story. SO…

(2)The two roles of the supervillian and the scientist are reversed, but this is basically the plot for my HU chapter 'Villains Unite' (same goes for Idea 22 - but that's not to say there can only be one villain-group!)

Here's an idea…what number we at now? Anyway…

(30) A wizard conjures up the four elements that make up the world as 'New Gods'. These towering behemoths of Earth, Water, Fire and Wind (think a really ticked-off hurricane) begin terrorizing all four corners of the Earth, splitting the team up to deal with them all at once, or together one at a time.

Dave

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

As far as I can see, Nepath doesn't plan on including Villains Unite in HU. So I'd be all for having it as a HA two- or three-parter. How about writing a short (!) outline for how you think you could split it up into two or three chapters (each between 15 to 20 pages)?

Posted at

I'll tell you what, I'll do just that - but first I'll just PQ you the outline as I sent it to 'Path

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot I already sent you it AGGGGEEES ago :P I'll get right on the conciser-planning thing! *nods*

Posted at

I like the idea about the elemental gods stuff since I am a Mytho's loving kinda guy. One idea I came up with (if we ever did a halloween arc in the future or anything like that), Involves some ancient evil that begins turning people into monsters and reviving the dead.

Posted at

Well, someone had to breathe a little life into the forum again. Not sure if this is the correct place to do it, but I don't believe I have clearance for the the major updates thread.

So far, my script has been well-recieved by the big chief, only some dialogue input left to wait for from the creators, no big. The sooner this gets done and the first part of the pilot goes from scripting to production stage, the sooner I can start work on an outline for Part 2 without having to look over my shoulder. Alert me when you guys are done tweaking.

On the other hand, I've been in Finland and unable to check my mail for a week until I get back tomorrow, so I apologize if there already is stuff in my folder and I'm being unnecessarily naggy.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Sorry, I've been a bit slow lately, got several things to do at once. I hope I can get page assignments done until next week, so we can really get started.

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

I was thinking, are we going to be doing any sort of "chapter breaks" for Heroes Alliance? Because with HU Adventures ending (for now), we could use that story format for the "chapter breaks". Alternatively, we could use that Origin Story idea posted earlier.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

AzuJOD: That ultimately depends on whether somebody will write & draw these. But I'd sure like to post 'em IF somebody did! I'll make a separate thread for these to see if there's enough interest.

dcole
dcole
Posted at

I'd be willing to write the chapter breaks and/or origins. I have no character to contribute to the team just yet, so I definitely don't mind starting with the simpler work.

dcole
dcole
Posted at

Quick thought, might've already been covered in the multitude of other posts since before I got here -

Is the team forming due to the challenge presented by issues 1 and 2 (the arena combat), or would it be more towards the mutual feeling that HU is too buereaucratic in it's gov't sponsored form? If the latter, then I suggest a HU vs. HA story in the near future.

Posted at

Quick thought, might've already been covered in the multitude of other posts since before I got here -

Is the team forming due to the challenge presented by issues 1 and 2 (the arena combat), or would it be more towards the mutual feeling that HU is too buereaucratic in it's gov't sponsored form? If the latter, then I suggest a HU vs. HA story in the near future.

It is a little of both. The two first issues (hopefully near completion soon, I'm waiting for some input from two others), is more around the challenge, while my pending proposal for an issue #3 deals with the bureaucratic aspect. And we are trying to keep HU and HA separated for the time being, otherwise we would be too closely intertwined.

dcole
dcole
Posted at

Gotcha. I just didn't want to see an idea like this, with so much potential, fall victim to poor pacing and unexplored themes. New guy's just keepin' the look out!

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I'd like to write chapter 3 on my own for the most part, I hope that's OK with everyone. We can discuss details, but I wouldn't wan't to discuss the main plot. By discussing details I mean the general objectives, among which would be:

- Introducing Bleeder
- Making Mr Imp part of the team
- Introducing an HQ
- Exploring some ties to HU
- Possibly whatever's relevant for leading into ch. 4 ("fanservice chapter" )

I should probably read up on some of the stuff we already wrote in this thread, but I'd also appreciate if everyone just stated their rough expectations and what he/she thinks should be included.

I kinda have this rough idea of story. Ok imagine a sick scientist creates a machine that re-animates the dead, and what would a sick scientist do with it? why not re-animate dead super villains and heroes, I mean that in itself is very morbid and dark, if Acrobat ever showed up in HA or anything like that, could you imagine him having to fight a mind controlled re-animated corpse of Blackhawk?
I found this post from August last year… that was before Blackest Night, right? Maybe you should try and sue DC! :P

Posted at

Fair enough, Jo. I'm glad to take a breather from the writing a while. And as you said, we shouldn't plan too much on the rest of the season until HA #4 is out.

So the HA roster for this third chapter includes the cast from HA 1-2, along with newcomers Mr. Imp and Bleeder, I assume?

As for something to carry over into HA #4 and work into this, I think it would have to be the pretty important plot thread of Virtus trusting Titan with his secret identity. That is, if that's still in Fuku's draft of HA #4.

Posted at

I figure with Titan's being from the future, it's possible that she's already come across Virtus' file at some point and is familiar with his secret id, whether he approves or not, so if there's no space for a pre-establishing trust, maybe we can get away with not having it.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

So the HA roster for this third chapter includes the cast from HA 1-2, along with newcomers Mr. Imp and Bleeder, I assume?
I haven't decided yet which and how many characters will make an appearance. Safe bets are: Bleeder, Mr Imp, Bombshell, Comet Kid, Azumorph. Possibly also Relik, HU Commander, Virtus. One of the more tricky things about Virtus is that officially he's becoming part of HU, and that what's depicted in chapters 1 & 2 is officially an HU adventure. So Virtus and some others may be something like double agents for the time being, while Bombshell organizes HA as their own team properly.
However, I consider these things side plots. As Bleeder is making her first appearance ever, she might be the most important character. Which kind of forces me to have Germany as a setting (so this'll be the first comic I'm writing which takes place in my own country). I like the idea of a remote HQ, so I'm gonna go with Wes_Nero123's suggestion, the observatory in the Puerto Rican trench (we need to discuss details here). And the third setting will be HU HQ in NY.

As for something to carry over into HA #4 and work into this, I think it would have to be the pretty important plot thread of Virtus trusting Titan with his secret identity. That is, if that's still in Fuku's draft of HA #4.
Is this something the two of you discussed? Because frankly, I don't remember.

Posted at

I haven't decided yet which and how many characters will make an appearance. Safe bets are: Bleeder, Mr Imp, Bombshell, Comet Kid, Azumorph. Possibly also Relik, HU Commander, Virtus. One of the more tricky things about Virtus is that officially he's becoming part of HU, and that what's depicted in chapters 1 & 2 is officially an HU adventure. So Virtus and some others may be something like double agents for the time being, while Bombshell organizes HA as their own team properly.

I thought we already established that Virtus and government procedures don't mix, and that it was only under the assumption that Bombshell had another thing in mind for him that he decided to tag along. I hope we are quite clear on the fact that Virtus has trust issues if there is ever the possibility of something vital being held against him to get him to comply. I've actually been considering asking for Virtus to be taken out of the HA #4 draft in hindsight due to this, but the idea of him posing as a Swedish masseuse was understandably too humorous and compelling to pass up. Will still withdraw him if the writer feels that I should.

Is this something the two of you discussed? Because frankly, I don't remember.

If you mean with Fuku, yes. If I might spruce up your memory, there were ideas for Virtus to pose as a Swedish masseuse in HA#4. Due to complications with everyone required to know each other's secret identities in order to work undercover, we had a compromise of Titan being the only one to know Virtus's true identity and gain his trust based on what Fuku explained. The other candidate being Bombshell, we settled on Titan, as Bombshell would be playing pretty big parts elsewhere in the story.

I figure with Titan's being from the future, it's possible that she's already come across Virtus' file at some point and is familiar with his secret id, whether he approves or not, so if there's no space for a pre-establishing trust, maybe we can get away with not having it.

Or to make things interesting, an obituary from a far too early demise in Titan's dystopian future, which in my mind is the only way plotwise I'd allow the secret to be publicly exposed.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I thought we already established that Virtus and government procedures don't mix, and that it was only under the assumption that Bombshell had another thing in mind for him that he decided to tag along. I hope we are quite clear on the fact that Virtus has trust issues if there is ever the possibility of something vital being held against him to get him to comply.
Don't worry, I won't use Virtus in any way without your agreement. My thought was just that what happens in chapters 1 & 2 would have to show up in a report on the HU Commander's desk one way or the other. And the question is where we'd go from there. When I say he's a "double agent" I'm speaking metaphorically - if Bombshell wants HA to be some sort of undercover team for the time being, then Virtus' involvement would have both an official HU side to it as well as an unofficial HA side.

Posted at

Let's just keep it at that I don't want to see Virtus give his identity to ANY form of higher authority. That's the only thing that's not negotiable. Well, that and ogling Bombshell, he's better raised than that. XD

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Well, what do you think, what would HU file him under? Also raises the question, what does HU do with metahumans who are not part of HU? Would they monitor them? Maybe HU is just an elaborate metahuman monitoring organization… conspiracy theories abound :P

Posted at

Well, what do you think, what would HU file him under? Also raises the question, what does HU do with metahumans who are not part of HU? Would they monitor them? Maybe HU is just an elaborate metahuman monitoring organization… conspiracy theories abound :P

I have no idea. Do HU have a payroll or something for their operatives? Seeing as how he does all heroics at no charge, maybe that would mean less requirements? Then perhaps, "volunteer"? I'm not familliar enough with the HU structure to figure that one out.

I don't know, wouldn't be very heroic, would it?

Posted at

I'd like to write chapter 3 on my own for the most part, I hope that's OK with everyone. We can discuss details, but I wouldn't wan't to discuss the main plot. By discussing details I mean the general objectives, among which would be:

- Introducing Bleeder
- Making Mr Imp part of the team
- Introducing an HQ
- Exploring some ties to HU
- Possibly whatever's relevant for leading into ch. 4 ("fanservice chapter" )

I should probably read up on some of the stuff we already wrote in this thread, but I'd also appreciate if everyone just stated their rough expectations and what he/she thinks should be included.

I found this post from August last year… that was before Blackest Night, right? Maybe you should try and sue DC! :P

I doubt I would get anything out of them :P, they'd prolly ship me in that square thing like they did General Zod

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.